I stayed at this resort for a night before heading up to Ha'apai to swim with the whales. The staff was tremendously helpful - they set me up with RT transfer to the airport (not close) and served me whatever I wanted from the "bar" or "restaurant" whenever I wanted.
My fale was also awesome and large - though the DVD player and TV did not work. Not a big deal since I didn't spend any time in it- the surrounding beach and walkways were too beautiful not to explore. The ocean crashes against the very cool lava-formed rocks and shakes the ground you walk on. There is a nice beach to swim on.
One thing to note - you will need to coordinate trips with the staff to bring you into town (or on a Keleti staff guided tour, as my sister did!). The town leaves something to be desired, but I had some good fish curry at an internet cafe.
I would definitely stay here again for the beach alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keleti Resort is a tourist favorite and it is the closest get-away only 10 minutes from the capital, Nuku'alofa. We have private beaches, a great restaurant, a bar which is the best in the kingdom, as well as excellent accommodation consisting of fales and studios units, all offering expansive views of the Pacific Ocean. Come, relax and feel the sea breeze from the cliffs of Keleti Resort and be mesmerized by our natural beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Keleti International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keleti International Hotel Ha`Ateiho
- Keleti International Resort Tonga/Tongatapu Island