“Not really Greek cuisine”

Cayenne Restaurant Art Gallery
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Apollonia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Veroia, Greece
“Not really Greek cuisine”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Went for dinner with my husband and ordered the fresh grilled Tuna fillet. It was served with celery sauce and we asked this to be on the side. When the dishes arrived, the tuna fillets, only 3 pieces not more than 150 grams, were covered with a homemade sweet "ketchup sauce"?!…
Had to wipe the sauce away from the tiny pieces.
Serving Tuna 150 grams for 24 Euros makes it the most expensive fish in the Med, and its not worthy to try the way its served.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Αντονελα Ν

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“A food paradise”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

It has been long since the last time that i visited a restaurant in an island and left with the best memories and totally full. This is a place that seriously someone has to try his/her best to find something bad to comment on it. The menu is amazing (small but the same time you have a feeling that you need a week to taste evrything) the tastes are full of memories from the food that my grandmother used to make in my island when i was growing up (of course with a twist of gourmet) and the staff are super friendly and fast. Dont miss out the piperies florinis with avogado and cream cheese (local of course) the lamp and almost all the fish disses. The pictures below are just a minimum proof of all of the above. Certainly the place to visit if you ever be in the island of Sifnos. Kinf of expensive but nothing rediculous like you would find in a cosmopolitan island like mycono or santorini. Certainly i will go back if i visit the island again

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much less than meets the eye”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our recent trip to Sifnos. It appeals to people who are looking for a modern twist to Greek food, which is why I think it is getting its high ratings - most food is here is traditional and after a while you can begin to crave some alternatives! Our first meal was OK, although spoilt by cold plates and a 'steak' that turned out to be made of pork.

We decided to give it a second chance. My main of sea bream with beetroot and champagne sauce was probably a bit unrefined, but perfectly nice. My girlfriend ordered the tuna steak however (24 Euros). 3 pieces arrived (each about 2 sqcm in size) One of the pieces was almost black inside and tasted very fishy - clearly off - so we complained. I commented that my dish was nice, but that the tuna was i) small, and ii) off. We had to ask again about this when the full bill arrived. They ignored our comments about its freshness and just said it was expensive because it was from Athens (which is ridiculous seeing as virtually all the island's food is imported!) No deduction was offered.

Some of the dishes are OK, but not at the prices charged. It's definitely not the best restaurant in Apolonia. Avoid.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jon H
nikos n, Ιδιοκτήτης at Cayenne Restaurant Art Gallery, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I have not even put in the process to respond to any of the reviews that have been done so far for our food and the quality and service.Customer feedbacks in my 44 previous comments are positive and is an example of proper operation of our business unfortunately hate-filled comments exists.Regarding your yesterday afternoon Tuna is based on legislation and weighed as much as offered it really should be.All our products are fresh and our restaurant is tested and awarded for its quality.At last be honest why do not you came to our restaurant repeatedly expressed happiness for our food.Your critic unfortunately did not take note of the fact only because the Tuna your seemed a bit less.Making your criticism so misguided and leveling for everything,all the other days you visited us, as well as to the second and third opportunities you said, we are very sorry for any inconvience.
Los Angeles
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Located in a two-story building with the kitchen downstairs and the lovely, wood-beamed restaurant upstairs, this simply could not have been better. I started with a fava bean purée with olive oil. Light and airy and a great start. I followed this with crusted fried fat tomato slices scented with fresh herbs, plated on thinly sliced cucumber with slashes of balsamic, olive oil and oregano reduction on the edges, a sprig of mint on top, and two scoops of feta ice cream on the side. Yes, feta ice cream. The crunchy and flavorful tomatoes were warm and were perfectly complemented by the ice cream. A clever and sublime dish. My main was pork fillets with tapenade (slashes on the side) and mizithra cream cheese from Sifnos. This was plated on mashed potatoes, and rocket (arugula) was stacked on top. This was an amazing dish, and the cream cheese was light and flavorful and very creamy. I was presented with one of the best baklava I've ever had, that was moist with honey and rich with nuts and surrounded by light and crisp filo. It melted in the mouth. There is some mention that this is in the higher price range. I did not actually find that to be the case, even without considering what an an absolutely magnificent meal this was. This chef is brilliant. Service was smart, warm, and attentive.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greek food with a twist”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Every meal I have in Cayenne is a culinary experience. The tastes are Greek and Sifnian, but they are always tweaked. The food is always top notch from starters, to mains to desserts. Cayenne is one the best restaurant on the island so it is definitely worth paying a visit.

• Visited July 2013