White Point Beach Resort
$95
Rum Runner Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
$92
$112
Queen Anne Inn(Annapolis Royal)
$119
$77
Official Site
$92
$83
Smugglers Cove Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
$96
$125
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
$231
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main lodgegames roomnova scotiathe cottagesmusselsindoor pooloceanfront cottagepaddle boatshot tubgolf coursewhite point beachbreakfast and dinnermarch breakocean viewthe main dining roomfamily vacationoff season
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'm surprised by the positive comments about the food. I found the buffet awkwardly set up - a single line down the stretch of the restaurant that meant huge lineups. The food itself was mediocre and certainly didn't merit a $32 + tax + tip per person charge.

Definitely get a cabin there for the view. But bring your own food, or eat at the Quarterdeck, haven't been there yet but have heard good things.

Smarten up White Point! Just because you've been around forever, and are getting a pass because of the fire last year, you still need to provide good service. The cabins are great - the restaurant is questionable - especially when a $5 tip turns into a $15 tip when we check out.

1  Thank LibbyMcL
wpfan, Public Relations Manager at White Point Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Good day LibbyMcL,
Appreciate your review and realize that the buffet line can sometimes be longer than we'd prefer. We continue to explore ways to enhance the flow, and will continue to do so. Feedback based on comment cards on our menu and food are typically very positive, we regret that it did not meet your expectations. The overcharge referenced I believe has been brought to our attention as it was an error and has since been fixed by our Front Desk Manager, if not the case, we'd be happy to address this for you if you'd like to contact us at your convenince.
Thank you for having stayed with us, for your feedback and look forward to having any opportunity to welcome you back.
Donna and the White Point Team

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My 11 year old daughter and I just returned from a very enjoyable night stay at WPBR. We had included with our room rate a dinner for 2 and a breakfast for 2 which was a great deal, I highly recommend. Several of our friends regularly stay with their families at WP and now I know why. Our meals were excellent (buffets), service was great and best of all WP is a place where the adults can have as much fun as the kids. We stayed in the beautiful new Main Lodge where the restaurant, lounge, pool and Kids Zone are located. WP is the type of resort where you can feel comfortable giving your kids a bit of freedom to play with their friends while the adults relax. Besides the pool Games Zone and Kids Zone there is always something planned for the kids including making smores around the fire pit, story time with milk and cookies, movies, etc. This morning we even got to enjoy watching people surf in the ocean as we ate our delicious brunch. Even after we checked out of WP we were invited to stay and use the facilities, so we did. I can't say enough about our short stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the main lodge if available
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage. Very comfortable, and clean. We arrived in a snow and rain storm. Very icy conditions. Only complaint was the firewood supplied for the fireplace was consistently wet.

• Stayed: December 2013

grammer521,
Sounds like you made use of everything we have to offer over the Holidays. Thank you for sharing your review, your certainly will help others get a better feel for what there is to do here!
We look forward to welcoming in you back,
Donna & the White Point Team

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My Wife and I have just spent 4 days of shear relaxation at White Point. We cannot fault the accommodation, food or the very well trained friendly staff.Although we were not in the main Lodge, the Room Service was fast and well presented. The food on the buffets in the main restaurant were excellent. We both tried the spa facilities, My wife had a massage on Christmas Day while I had Reiki treatment, then on Boxing Day we both had Reiki, I can honestly say that I benefitted greatly from the Reiki, I have problems with water retention in my legs and Feet, Following the treatment presented by Dorothea Kittel I have reduced water in my legs and feet. All I can say at this point, if you have thought about getting Reiki treatment and you are skeptical about, my advise is try it, I think you will be surprised how it works for you

Reviewed December 23, 2013

spent the weekend here, the main lodge has been rebuilt following a major fire and is great BUT they have some issues here, the Hot tub hadis filthy with a brown sticky stain around the edge lots of scum, hir etc just poor maintennce and lack of care.
The pool and sauna great but let down here, breakfast buffet good and the "egg station" well manned, but again let down by the staff, we asked for milk for our coffee twice and it did not arrive (went up and got some from the ceral bar in a glass ourselfs), decafe coffee requested and 20 mins later the young lady comes by and giggles "oh i forgot your coffee" and strolls off to get it, she was asked 3 times for the bill and at the third asking said would we like our bill ? (memory of a goldfish?) the other service staff at breakfast stood around in groups chatting and ignoring the customers, this is not what you expect at a resort of this standing
It has a lovely location and the main lodge is good, but remember the other rooms and cabins have not benifited from a fire and re-build and although are clean they are older so you will get rust on the hand ralils in the bathrooms, a slight musty smell in the room, down spouts missing on the gutters allowing large volumes of water to stand around the room blocks( block 121/122/123 etc).
I dont like to be this negative but we really expected more from this resort,it has a good location but needs a lot of work and if we are looking for a week end spot on the south shore there are better places such as Oak Island resort, Ocean view Chalets in Luneurgh etc.
We wil not be returning.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
3  Thank Tony M

Dear TonyM
Thanks for the review - it appears mixed but as always welcomed. I can definitely appreciate your frustration over coffee/milk service over breakfast but it sounds like your meals themselves met your expectation - it does not meet ours either and will be addressed. The White Point Guestrooms referenced have in fact been refreshed since the fire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-BZHBfG_M) and met with very positive feedback. We'll double check your reference to the handrails of course as well, an unexpected comment for sure. There may have been water around the buildings, we have had a very wet winter thus far. We regret that your breakfast service and maintenance items have left you feeling like you cannot recommend us, we assure you our property wide review and program continues to be a focus of our efforts as are these reviews.
We do hope that your overall stay was enjoyable and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Donna & the White Point Team