“2 night get away.” 4 of 5 bubbles

White Point Beach Resort
Antigonish, Canada
“2 night get away.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at White Point, she attended a business function and I tagged along. I will say the New Main Lodge is beautiful and nicely laid out with an amazing fireplace in the Founders Bar/Lounge area. Food in the resaurant is very good a bit pricey but great quality. We stayed in building with about 8 motel style rooms having a lake view balcony area with 2 patio chairs and small table. It was a fair walk to the main lodge if you wanted to attend a function or get something to eat. Plan on driving if you have trouble walking or take an umbrella in bad weather. I could only find 2 ice makers on the very spread out property so stock up at first lol. I personally found it to be a very boring spot with not much to do except walk the beach or check out the lodge for a drink at the bar. There is a very nice golf course on site if golfing is your thing. I like to rate a place on how I'm treated and if I would go back. Staff are super nice and very Friendly, rooms are clean and well stocked with mini fridge and 3 different well priced bottles of wine. However I really don't think I would go back because of the long drive from my home and so little to see and do outside of going into Liverpool and exploring. Nice quiet place to get away from the city and play some golf.

Room Tip: Try toget a cabin close to the lodge unless you are bringing your own food and supplies.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

In early May, I had the great pleasure of attending a planning summit that was held at the White Point Resort.

After enduring a fire that completely destroyed the historic main lodge, the White Point Resort has risen from the ashes to new heights. The main lodge has been tastefully been rebuild and has fit in seamlessly into the beautiful south coast of Nova Scotia. The food was excellent, the service was first class and the ocean front cottage was charming to say the least.

The only draw back for me, was that the kayaks and outdoor recreation services do not go into effect until Victoria Day weekend. However, this has only given me more reason to want to go back later this summer and cycle, kayak and more fully explore the resort and the quaint towns, harbours and inlets of this absolutely beautiful part of the world.

Highly recommend the White Point Resort and the Lighthouse Trail.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
wpfan, Public Relations Manager at White Point Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
DavifJov - thank you for your kind words, so pleased you enjoyed your stay. As you noted the Boathouse opens Victoria Day Weekend and remains open until Thanksgiving, hopefully you'll be able to return again when you can enjoy those features.
Have a great day,
Donna & The White Point Team
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a Good experience at Whitepoint for a wedding. It's at a lovely location, the food was amazing at both the restaurant and the wedding. I wasn't to impressed with our Lake View room (all I saw was trees, not even a sliver of lake). If I were to go back I would pay the extra for a cottage by the ocean or one with a hot tub on the deck. Liverpool is about 15 mins away if you are in need of a Timmie's.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank wontstayput
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

In May my wife and I made a two night visit to White Point in order to advise our extended family on what to expect during our annual get together in August; we have all visited many times before and have very fond memories of our previous stays.
The new lodge is very well presented and I can't improve on what other people have said about it.
We feel a strong nostalgia for the old place and when talking to the staff, who were their usual welcoming and cheerful selves, we sensed they felt the same but were quite enthusiastic about the new.
Only the lodge is new, the rest is the same, complete with bunnies, beach, lake and cottages.
Our three days were very wet and windy but the cottage didn't seem to mind. It had been very well decorated, was clean and very comfortable and an ideal place to curl up with a good book or e-reader.
A word of warning.
On our arrival at the cottage we found two bottles of wine, a white and a red, plus a bottle of champagne awaiting us.
What a wonderful welcome back gesture thought we, but not being great wine drinkers, except for a glass with our dinner, we didn’t bother to open any.
Perhaps it’s our experience of resorts in the West Indies where the booze is free and unlimited that made us think that way, we should have read the card that went with it, which explained that if we didn’t want it we should tell reception and they would remove it, otherwise the cost (a total of more than $100) it would be added to our bill. Fortunately we read the card on the morning that we left.
We reflected that had we sampled all three and been tempted to drink the lot then we both would have been totally plastered for all of our stay.
It would have been more humane to leave a wine list, indicating costs, in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

A friend and I stayed at White Point Beach Resort this month while attending a conference in nearby Liverpool, and absolutely loved everything about our stay.

We rented an oceanfront cottage (#16)! which was tastefully and beautifully decorated and appointed. The cottage managed to keep a country-like and rustic ambiance while at the same time providing a sense of luxury and comfort. The sitting room, with fireplace, was a great place to sit, relax, listen to the waves crashing on the beach, and enjoy a fire. The front porch, which looked out onto the ocean, was perfect for watching the sunset over the water and enjoying a glass of wine. The beds were comfortable, and the cottage itself was quite spacious. The bathroom was functional, with a full tub and all necessary amenities.

The guest service and hospitality was wonderful, as well. From check in, where we were greeted warmly and provided maps of the property and services, to the lovely dining room, and even to small details. For example, the first night we stayed followed a rainy day, and some of our firewood had gotten damp in its outdoor box. Our request for some dry wood was responded to immediately, and along with it came a staff person equipped to start our fire, as well, which was a nice touch! The staff really went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable and to help us feel cared for. Even small things such as the provision of free (safe) bunny food was a nice added touch - interacting with the rabbits that live on the property was a lot of fun, and we were happy to be able to feed them treats that we knew were safe for them, and also came at no extra cost to us.

The dining experience at White Point was also lovely. The wait staff was very attentive, and the food was absolutely to die for. Rich, flavourful, but yet simple and appealing. Portion sizes were fair, and although pricey, it was certainly worth the expense.

My friend and I had a wonderful time, and would not hesitate to return to White Point - we only hope our next stay can be longer!

Room Tip: I would suggest an Oceanfront Cottage for the view, but I think that all of them are probably lovely...
Sunshine Coast, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

my first time here although my wife and her family have been coming here over the years. I can only comment on the updated facilities myself, but all agree it is an improvement. i am really enjoying myself. food is great, proportions are generous, service, in our case was very good. incredible property to rival anything on our west coast - same, only different! we're going to stay another day. only other comment would be the wood fireplace in our cabin: there is a note to the effect; this puppy will smoke if not done exactly right, and maybe even then. i suspect we are looking at a design problem - might i suggest extending the stove pipe up another metre?

in any case, great property, well done, very comfortable.

Room Tip: north cabins might have a better view of the surf as the southern cabins are a bit low behind the be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KpjmSunshineCoast
Halifax
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my 4th time at White Point and my 1st time since the renovations after the devastating fire. The new main lodge is stunning and beautiful! They really did a fantastic job. However, this specific trip was the worst customer service I've ever experienced at White Point. From an untidy room, to poor wifi and extremely grumpy/annoyed front desk women (who were also slobbering on a hard candy when they checked me out). I was embarrassed to see this poor service and I hope they pull their socks up before the tourist season, as they currently are at a risk of ruining their previously pristine reputation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank worktotravel88
wpfan, Public Relations Manager at White Point Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
worktotravel88 -
Thank you for having visited White Point 4 times previously, and havign returned for a visit since re-opening. You certainly would have a good frame of reference regarding the exceptional customers service and support we pride ourselves on providing to guests. The experience you have described is certainly out of the ordinary for us and you can be assured that your observations and experience has been reviewed with our Team to ensure that is not repeated.
Thank you as well for the kind comments about the Lodge, it is a work of art by Nova Scotians. We hope that you will provide us with the pleasure of welcoming you back to White Point for a future stay to demonstrate the quality of interaction, and experience you deserve as our guest.
Have a great day,