“Ok for one night”

Dayunan Tourist Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sabang B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2014

if you dont mind not having hot water, if you dont mind not having electricity before 6pm and you are here for one night to see the underground river then it is a cheap solution , the sheridan is a 2 min walk for dinner

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank azmat7

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Sabang Hotel Bewertung

Forget about the non talking deaf kid in the reception, forget about the electricity not before 6 pm, forget about the small and not fully working bath: it's all about the live concert and party just in front of the hotel that makes sure you won't sleep all night. And if Philippinos party all night, they mean it. Ear plugs? I remember they did not help against the volume of the last Iron Maiden concert I was some 25 years ago, and they won't help a lot more here.
Price? Take a hammock on the other side of the beach. Even cheaper and also no service, electricity nor shower - as in the "hotel". We had to walk to the end of the beach until the music was not to be heard any more.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nandor89
Reviewed February 14, 2014

it has a very good location to go to underground river, it has clean rooms, good breakfast, nice staff. there is electricity only between 6 pm and 6 am. if you want air conditioner you should ask them to connect it. the only point that bothered us was that there is no hot water and the water was really cold to take a douch.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed there for a night to visit the underground river. The location is really good because it is just infront were the boats leave, however the staff is not very helpful. They don´t offer much information or help about the surroundings , plus they are always missing from the reception. Just advise that the hotel is not very safe. We stayed for one night and they entered in our room and forced one of the padlocks of our suitcases. I would not recommend this place. No hot water, not safe, no help etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank IMCMadrid
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here with out anything booked for the underground river and the girl on reception help us obtain all the necessary paperwork and transportation with less than a days notice after we were told no chance by some agencies. We saved an absolute fortune. So extremely grateful.

I noticed some negative reviews on here in reference to Sabang and this hotel. People need to do some research. This is not a resort Destination. It is very much still developing and offers gateway to the underground river. Electricity is limited as are facilities but this adds to the charm of this wonderful place. If you want 5 star service for this price you need a wake up call.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jughead66
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is way overpriced for the lack of amenities it offers. There is neither room service of any kind (we stayed there three nights) nor any necessary information given by the staff members. The rooms with the balcony are promoted as having a beautiful view, but it is only partially true because the hotel is located right in front of a busy parking lot for vans of tourists that are there for the subterranean river. Also, the pillows smelled like sweat accumulated by previous guests. If you're visiting Sabang and feel the need to stay a few nights there, try to get another hotel or only stay one night at this place.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Papulina
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The rooms are ok and the location good if you're coming for the Underground River (why else would you be here?), but the price here is pretty outrageous and the service awful. The lady who seems to be in charge, and who checked me in, for some reason took a pretty instant dislike to me. You might think that I must have said something, but I was polite and smiling as always and was downright shocked at the way she behaved. All was well and good until I tried to lock the door of my room on the 2nd floor and it turned out to be next to impossible. I asked her for help, and she tried for a while - unsuccessfully. She explained that they had changed the knob, but that they would fix this in the afternoon. The key was left in the door as we went downstairs where she wanted to show me another room I could move to. This, however, didn't have the view of the room on the 2nd floor and it also had a bad smell to it - and because I was pressed for time because I had a specific time slot for the Underground River, and all my stuff was already all over the place in the initial room, I made a joke that I would ride my luck and just leave the room unlocked, "because I'm sure you'll have everything under control". She looked stunned and then asked for the key that she herself left in the door, and when I said that it was there, she rolled her eyes, grunted and went upstairs to get it while I left for the UR. This incredible performance made me feel like it was my fault that they provided me with a room that's not possible to lock.

The next day I came down for breakfast before hopping on the bus bound for Puerto Princesa, and she tells me there is no breakfast - even though they advertise it on their own website, even though there are a few tables in the lobby area obviously meant for breakfast, and even though they have a sign there that says "Breakfast for today:", going on to list three different options... Just abysmal behaviour.

In addition to this, there was no wi-fi, no aircon (there was no fan in my room either until another, helpful, member of staff sorted it out), only cold water and the television didn't work.
Be aware that all electricity is off between something like 6 p.m.-6 a.m., but this goes for most of the accommodation in Sabang.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo