Firstly for most visitors being offered an upgrade to a bigger pool facing room would not be a problem but for us on a birdwatching tour we wanted a quiet mountain facing room overlooking the gardens allowing us to birdwatch on our breaks between trips out. We had to move on the second day to get what we had booked, so we had three nights in the mountain view room which suited us better.
Our first problem on arrival at the airport was to met by a courtesy bus that takes you to a holding room where they tell you the shuttle bus will not leave for three hours unless you pay extra, we did and shared with another couple, but had they told us at the airport we could have got a much cheaper transfer in a private van or Jeepney, so if shuttle is not due to leave probably best to make your own arrangements. We also had a private transfer back to the airport rather than face a 5 hour wait on the scheduled departure. It is 90 minute transfer but surely there should be some flexibity based on when planes / customers arrive and leave.
Both rooms were well appointed and very clean, pool room was noisy but if you are using the pool that is a non issue.
All staff were extremely friendly but the hotel did have a very corporate feel.
Breakfasts we found to be good and we particularly liked that we could eat before the official 6am start time. We ate lunch at other places in Sabang or surrounds.
Dinners were mixed, the buffets were very good if you had an appetite but probably overkill if you had a reasonable lunch, choice on the main menu was limited but what we had was OK.
Drinks were OK and reasonably priced.
For birdwatchers proximity to Sheridan ATS trail about 20 minutes walk form the hotel where there are excellent birds to see and to the harbour to get the Underground River site for the famous Palawan Peaccock Pheasant make it an excellent choice.
Wifi is only available in a couple of spots in the resort and is painfully slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is the premier luxury resort in the heart of the world's #1 island - Palawan. A sprawling 5 hectare beachfront property, it is the first green resort in the Philippines known to champion environmental sustainability in one of Palawan's most protected areas. Nestled between towering mountain ranges and the vast clear waters of the West Philippine Sea, it is only 15 minutes away by boat to one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. The resort is a class of its own with 95 Asian-inspired rooms and suites and a Grand Convention Hall that caters to all kinds of meetings, events and celebrations. It has the largest organic farm in Palawan that provides up to 80% of the resort's food requirements. Its prime location is a major draw for couples from all over the world to exchange or renew their vows and create a lifetime of memories amidst the sun, sand and sea. Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is located 1 1/2 hours away by land from the capital city of Puerto Princesa, where direct flights from major cities in the Philippines are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island