Would have been perfect if the front desk staff was warmer during checkout.
Check in was alright, staff welcomed us with cold drinks and smiles.
The pool was lovely, purported to be the largest in palawan. Very quiet, as it appears to be low season.
The restaurant, pool, and housekeeping staff were all faultless in attentiveness and polite, timely service.
Room is comfortable even though our beds were only a couple of double beds pushed together. It is bigger than a king sized bed as front desk claimed, yes, but not as comfortable with the gap in the middle. Bathroom didn't have a tub, but was lovely and more than adequate for our needs, with towels and toiletries refreshed daily or as needed. There's free bottles of drinking water as well. Beach/pool towels are also provided.
Our checkout was fast and smooth, with only one glitch -- a mistake with a meal charge which was immediately corrected, so no fuss there. What irritated us was that after 5 days with them, the front desk didn't even care to ask how our stay was. No warmth, no "Thanks for your stay..", just asked us if we consumed anything from the bar and that's it, we're checked out. Not to mention a female front desk staff let us stand in front of her on the checkout line for a few minutes before she told us to go to another queue to be checked out. That really irked us. How hard is it to tell us right away you won't be processing any more guests?? Why let us stand in front of you waiting like fools? Don't you care about repeat business???
We received great customer service from everyone, and I mean everyone at Sheridan, except the front desk staff at checkout, which was a pity because that's the last impression of Sheridan we have. We'll return to Palawan next year but it's debatable if we're returning to Sheridan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is the premier luxury resort in the heart of the world's #1 island - Palawan. A sprawling 5 hectare beachfront property, it is the first green resort in the Philippines known to champion environmental sustainability in one of Palawan's most protected areas. Nestled between towering mountain ranges and the vast clear waters of the West Philippine Sea, it is only 15 minutes away by boat to one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. The resort is a class of its own with 95 Asian-inspired rooms and suites and a Grand Convention Hall that caters to all kinds of meetings, events and celebrations. It has the largest organic farm in Palawan that provides up to 80% of the resort's food requirements. Its prime location is a major draw for couples from all over the world to exchange or renew their vows and create a lifetime of memories amidst the sun, sand and sea. Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is located 1 1/2 hours away by land from the capital city of Puerto Princesa, where direct flights from major cities in the Philippines are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island