Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
$124
  • Pool
Ai World Park and Resorts(Puerto Princesa)
$138
Panja Resort Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
$82
$70
Travelocity
$15
Atremaru Resort(Puerto Princesa)
Astoria Palawan(Puerto Princesa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunderground riverorganic farmpool barpool view roommountain viewamazing poolpuerto princesasabang ziplinebreakfast buffethuge pooltour desksea restaurantbeach frontno wifi in the roomsmangrove tourpool sidefront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I and my husband went to Sheridan through 24 hours travelling time(Thanks Philippine airline again.) It was beyond my expectation! Calm and peaceful private beach, wide and clean pool shining with warm sun shine, the employee's hospitality and professionalism, fabulous dishes and cock tail bar .. the only thing made me down was weather; during stay in sheridan, it rained for 2 days so I lost chance to enjoy the tour program. If you are going there, don't miss the Hopping tour and underground river program; keep that in mind that at least one day prior reservation is required. Also, for me, the massage program wasn't worthy of it; I don't recommend.
Last but not least, I should say that the heart warming episode of the last day. I had to leave very early in the morning due to my flight. My shuttle was booked at 5 am so no chance to try breakfast. The receptionist asked me whether I wanted to pack some food and I said yes. She kindly prepared a meal and it was very useful and helpful at the PPS airport while waiting my flight.
In sum, Sheridan is very worthy to visit but be aware that it takes 2 hours from PPS airport and it is not quite commercialized yet. Good recommendation to guys who are willing to just take a rest in peaceful and calm resort near beach.

Room Tip: You should take the Pool view if you love swimming; if not, you should avoid the mountain view at least. (as you can expect, the mountain view is more affordable price)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Averlyn
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheridan in January 2013 and had fantastic time. As we were travelling in high season it was quite difficult to find a good accommodation in the Philippines. I telephoned to the resort one day before I wanted to come and was said that the hotel was fully booked. Then I tried to book on Agoda and was successfull, the system was saying that they were at least five rooms available to reserve, very strange..... Nevertheless we booked for five nights for about 185 USD per room per night including breakfast. The room we got was on the first floor with a pool view, there were a spacious bathroom and very comfortable bed, very nice balcony was facing the swimming pool. Sheridan beach resort and spa is in very isolated area called Sabang and it is very close to the Underground river, there is also an option to visit a mangrove forest by a little bangka, we did both of these activities. We had a great time by Sheridan´s swimming pool and the beach, there were never many people around us, as this place probably never gets overcrowded because it is a long way from everywhere. Breakfast is good but the staff should be quicker as sometimes we found the plates empty. Restaurant is very nice and offers good food for reasonable prices. We had to look for a medical help as my wife and my little daughter had serious stomag problems and the hotel service was just excellent. After visiting a reception asking for pills for stomag we were immediately visited by a hotel nurse. This man was very nice, very informative and really helpful. After giving us all medicaments he was staying with us until my wife got much better and came back to check us in the morning as well. He helped us very much also psychically, I have to thank Sheridan´s staff for everything they did for us during our stay. I would definitely recommend Sheridan to other travellers and would stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms facing the swimming pool are very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Petr_Stich
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The place is beautiful, nice landscape, peaceful, safe and so tidy! I can say one of the best pool~ soo clean & fresh! Staff are polite & presentable. Poor mobile and wi-fi signal :( .Breakfasts not so good, sorry:( . I love the mountain view the most! Perfect place to relax and enjoy nature!

Room Tip: quite, safe and clean as in clean cabinets, matresses, t & b
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rizza JC C
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Very close to Underground River. You should stay here for 1 night if you are going to the Underground River. Very very nice place and lots of things to do, enjoy the beach, swim at the large pool, spa, play billiard or table tennis, or just relax anywhere in the resort. Service is good and quick. Staff are friendly. The trip going there takes a while though (~ 1.5 hours from Puerto Princesa) along winding road, but with nice sceneries at some points. Beach is clean and quiet. Great place to relax and enjoy nature with your loved ones.

Room Tip: The 4 of us (two adults, 1 teen, 1 pre-teen) stayed in a room with two large beds.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gatcha
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here mainly to visit the underground river. The hotel is a long 2 hour drive from Puerto Princesa. The hotel ground is well manicured with a large swimming pool, surrounded by mountains and in close proximity to the Underground River. A good impression upon arrival.

Our room was clean and spacious with a separate sitting area facing the pool. Bathroom was also spacious. Our problems with the bathroom were the weak water pressure and lukewarm, sometimes cold water temperature. We reported the problems several times to the front desk as well as the housekeeping but the problems were never taken care of. As a warning, there are occasionally mosquitos in the room so be sure to apply bug sprays. Beach sandals and bottles of water are provided. Wi-Fi is free but the speed is extremely slow.

Room service was frustrating. We could never reach anyone when ordering room service. We eventually had to walk to the restaurant and ordered in person. Breakfast spread is mediocre. There is a lack of fruit at the buffet. Adult breakfast is included but they charge 1/2 price for kid's breakfast which is quite odd. Breakfast service is a hit or miss. We repeatedly asked for extra set of utensil, more coffee and have our empty plates removed. There are a lot of workers in this hotel but no one seems to pay attention to the guests. The good location is quickly spoiled by poorly trained staff.

The beach is clean and water is calm. There are often people hassling to sell you souvenir and jewelry when trying to relax on the beach. The wharf is within 5 minutes walking distance where you board the boat to the Underground River.

Overall, it is a convenient place to stay for the close proximity to the Underground River. There is definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family