No doubt the location and the resort itself was gorgeous. The beach this time of year is more for surfing - big waves. The sand is not white like Boracay, but very fine.
Booking could be easier - I had to send several e-mails to the person in charge. The process should be made as efficient as possible - with the customer provided all the relevant info in as short a span of time as possible.
The service is mostly good - I would give it 8/10. There were some snags with the Underground River Tour. Best to go there when the weather is ok - so you're sure to be able to visit. They delayed our trip for 1 day because the waters were too choppy for the boats. Check-in was a breeze. The staff are super friendly and polite. Service really makes the difference.
The major improvement they need to do is the QUALITY OF FOOD. Its quite expensive - P300+ per dish. Plus they have additional charges. A meal for 3 people will set you back P1,500 or so. I don't mind paying extra - if the food is at least reasonably of good quality. They definitely need to hire a better chef and better cooks!
That said - I would still recommend Sheridan if you don't mind paying a bit more for the luxury and the awesome resort and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is the premier luxury resort in the heart of the world's #1 island - Palawan. A sprawling 5 hectare beachfront property, it is the first green resort in the Philippines known to champion environmental sustainability in one of Palawan's most protected areas. Nestled between towering mountain ranges and the vast clear waters of the West Philippine Sea, it is only 15 minutes away by boat to one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. The resort is a class of its own with 95 Asian-inspired rooms and suites and a Grand Convention Hall that caters to all kinds of meetings, events and celebrations. It has the largest organic farm in Palawan that provides up to 80% of the resort's food requirements. Its prime location is a major draw for couples from all over the world to exchange or renew their vows and create a lifetime of memories amidst the sun, sand and sea. Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is located 1 1/2 hours away by land from the capital city of Puerto Princesa, where direct flights from major cities in the Philippines are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island