I made my reservation at Sheridan since January of this year, informed them that my family of 4 will avail of the Underground River Tour. Last April 2012 when I heard on the news that people interested to go to the Underground River Tour should register on-line, I e-mailed Mr. John Sotero of Sheridan if I should make the registration, and he replied that they will be the one to arrange. When we arrived at the hotel on May 13, 2012, I was shocked to found out that only 2 of us was registered, unfortunately, it was Mr. Sotero's day-off, so I was assured by Mr. Vladimir that he will give me an update that night. At around 8pm, I follow-up on the status and was told that they are going to separate us on the tour. This vacation was supposed to relieve my stress not to add to my stress. The next day, we were informed that they indeed forwarded 4 of our names to the agency, but I do not know for what stupid reason that they did not check anymore if 4 names were confirmed. We were told that the 2 of us will be joining the 10am tour while my husband and my younger son will be on the 12noon tour which was delayed until 2pm and to make matters worse it was raining and my 11 year old son was already cold. BEAT THAT ON HOW TO RUIN A VACATION. That night my husband and I availed of the free spa services that we reserved on Sunday night for 8pm, to our surprise, the attendant said that our reservation was for 9pm, we were lucky enough, that the reservations of the foreigners was cancelled and so we were accommodated.
While I should admit that the staff of the hotel was really nice and courteous, I am just wondering why Mr. Sotero did not even bother to talk to us to explain what happen, maybe because I am not an important person to him. Thanks to Jobel and her husband at Tribal Restaurant for preparing our dinner on Monday night, it is better than the food at Sheirdan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is the premier luxury resort in the heart of the world's #1 island - Palawan. A sprawling 5 hectare beachfront property, it is the first green resort in the Philippines known to champion environmental sustainability in one of Palawan's most protected areas. Nestled between towering mountain ranges and the vast clear waters of the West Philippine Sea, it is only 15 minutes away by boat to one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. The resort is a class of its own with 95 Asian-inspired rooms and suites and a Grand Convention Hall that caters to all kinds of meetings, events and celebrations. It has the largest organic farm in Palawan that provides up to 80% of the resort's food requirements. Its prime location is a major draw for couples from all over the world to exchange or renew their vows and create a lifetime of memories amidst the sun, sand and sea. Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is located 1 1/2 hours away by land from the capital city of Puerto Princesa, where direct flights from major cities in the Philippines are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island