My family( wife and kids aged 11 and 15) wanted to check out Puerto Princessa and the "Underground River" and researched hotels accordingly. We wanted to be close to the underground river as we were warned about having to travel hours if not conveniently located. This hotel is one of the newest hotels and was recommended by a friend as it is in walking distance of the pier where the boats launch to get to the mouth of the underground cavern/river. After reading the good reviews from TripAdvisor it was a not difficult to decide. The Sheridan is a hotel/Resort/spa. It is new and modern and all rooms have cable TV, in room WiFi internet, safety box, fridge, Comfortable beds with down blankets and pillows. Each room has its own patio/veranda depending if your on first or second floor. It has the biggest swimming pool of any of the hotels and is located on the beach. The hotel staff aim to please and are very accommodating. The hotel restaurant is pretty good and I had no complaints in respect to service and the menu. The beach is nice an the waves this time of year are quite big. Be careful as there is a strong undertow but lifeguards are very careful in monitoring there guests constantly. The hotel is child friendly as my kids loved both the pool and swimming in the sea. Other activities include all terrain vehicle tours, hiking tours, zip line adventures and more. The Spa is quite relaxing. I would easily recommend this to all friends looking for a relaxing and comfortable vacation.
My only complaint is the limited schedule of pick ups and drop offs to the airport with the hotel van which is included in the paid hotel package. The guest must avail of a limited number of shuttles and follow the hotel schedule. As we did not want to leave the hotel at 6:30 for a 1:30 flight we had to arrange for a private hotel van to bring us to the airport. In my opinion it was well worth the extra 60 dollars as we spent an additional 4 hours at the hotel but the hotel should be more accommodating to the guest schedule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is the premier luxury resort in the heart of the world's #1 island - Palawan. A sprawling 5 hectare beachfront property, it is the first green resort in the Philippines known to champion environmental sustainability in one of Palawan's most protected areas. Nestled between towering mountain ranges and the vast clear waters of the West Philippine Sea, it is only 15 minutes away by boat to one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. The resort is a class of its own with 95 Asian-inspired rooms and suites and a Grand Convention Hall that caters to all kinds of meetings, events and celebrations. It has the largest organic farm in Palawan that provides up to 80% of the resort's food requirements. Its prime location is a major draw for couples from all over the world to exchange or renew their vows and create a lifetime of memories amidst the sun, sand and sea. Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is located 1 1/2 hours away by land from the capital city of Puerto Princesa, where direct flights from major cities in the Philippines are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island