The resort is in a nice location and a relaxing beach. The rooms were clean and new and with a very comfortable bed for us. The resort is still under construction, but we were also warned of this so it was okay. The pool, gym, spa and restaurant are finished. The staff were reasonably pleasant, but seemed to lack the polish of a 5 star resort. We were there during the Japan tsunami and the hotel did not have international dialing from the room and the wireless internet was not consistent (actually it was terrible, even when they gave us a lan cable).
The frustrating thing on the first day was the food for lunch. It was cold and pasta did not seem fresh, but it tasted good. The problem was that it costs allot more than locally in the area and thus we did not eat there for the rest of the time for lunch or dinner. The restaurant at the Duyalon was much better and the staff more attentative. The breakfasts were okay, but of course my fried eggs came out cold on the first day, so we stuck with the pancakes which were actually quite nice.
The pool is excellent and nice to change from the ocean to the pool. We tried the massage in the spa, but after paying 3 times the price as the local beach massage, we were not prepared to go back as it was the same quality. We stuck with the simple beach massage with the local shops - it was good enough and no different from the hotel.
I think this will be a nice hotel in a great location, but they are charging way too much for what it provides currenty. The price was about half to stay at Duyalon and it looked just as nice (not as nice pool or rooms, but this would of been okay as it is only just up the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is the premier luxury resort in the heart of the world's #1 island - Palawan. A sprawling 5 hectare beachfront property, it is the first green resort in the Philippines known to champion environmental sustainability in one of Palawan's most protected areas. Nestled between towering mountain ranges and the vast clear waters of the West Philippine Sea, it is only 15 minutes away by boat to one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. The resort is a class of its own with 95 Asian-inspired rooms and suites and a Grand Convention Hall that caters to all kinds of meetings, events and celebrations. It has the largest organic farm in Palawan that provides up to 80% of the resort's food requirements. Its prime location is a major draw for couples from all over the world to exchange or renew their vows and create a lifetime of memories amidst the sun, sand and sea. Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa is located 1 1/2 hours away by land from the capital city of Puerto Princesa, where direct flights from major cities in the Philippines are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheridan Beach Hotel Puerto Princesa
- Sheridan Beach Resort And Spa Sabang, Palawan Island