“great food everyday”

Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sabang
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My sis-in-law's wedding was held here and I will always remember it as one of the weddings where I truly enjoyed the food. Their chef is amazing!! Everything that they served was just perfect! Every. single. dish! My sis and her then-finance chose our sit-down menu and plate after plate I was amazed. I don't think that's just coincidence because all throughout our 3-day stay at this place, I was satisfied with the food. The restaurant food wasn't as great as those served in the wedding reception, but most were still yummy or at least good. I cant complain about the rooms and service either. I just got a bit turned off by the access road to the resort. It was a bumpy, narrow ride surrounded by shanties. That should be changed.

Room Tip: Book one of the new rooms. They are more spacious and have bigger beds.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Amazing place and awesome experience. I have never stayed at an Eco friendly place and this was one. The staff were extremely friendly and would go out of their way for you. The food and service was fantastic@ great value. Very clean, well organized, and have never stayed at such a well designed eco friendly place striving towards protecting the environment. Definitely a place to come back to in the future. So sad to leave!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mlauder
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Whoa! It was a beautiful room with great view of the beach! A modern structure with touch of local materials, I like that it was individual cottages rather than a typical building (like the adjacent Sheridan) cause you really feel that you are in a tropical holiday resort. I love the room!

The food is excellent! Whatever I ordered, I was amazed how good is the presentation and it tasted great. The service in the restaurant is also great!!!

All staff are friendly and courteous.

What makes it average is the slack service from the room service. When we arrived at 4pm, the room is still not ready. Same scenario when my sister arrived after two days, they still haven't put up the extra bed. Room is not cleaned properly, like they missed wiping the mirrors, forgot to put cups for coffee or replenish the coffee/tea and other amenities. Also they do not have kettle in the room, so you have to ask them to bring hot water, which is fine. But when you call them, it takes more than an hour and you have to follow up twice. Had a chat with other guests and they have been complaining about their hot shower for 2 days and still haven't been fixed. I think it goes with how it was being managed as well. I saw the General Manager roaming around but he seems like he is on a holiday rather than managing a hotel. In the morning, he would go boxing inside gym and have breakfast and walking around and enjoying the scenery. If the General Manager is slack, then the staff would be slack too!

Another thing is the swimming pool. It is made of concrete which was painted in blue. The concrete is so sharp that I always get scratched whenever I swim in the pool and not just a simple scratch...I bled. The management should invest on a proper pool made of tiles. The pool makes the hotel looks cheap. The General Manager should have recommended this upgrade to the Board/Owners. Most of the time, the beach has strong current and we were advised not to swim in the beach, so we don't have a choice but to settle on this cheap and unsafe pool.

There is no Wi-Fi/internet in the room. There is Wi-Fi in the restaurant, bar and outside your veranda but very weak signal. It takes forever to post a status or browse on Facebook, let alone upload a photo.

The gym is basic and unattended (which is fine for me as I don't need any assistance). You can workout but I only used the barbell and dumbbells.

Overall, I like the Daluyon! The issues that I mentioned can be fixed easily. I mentioned it because the hotel has a lots of potentials, if it improve it service, internet connection and the pool. I would book it again if I have to stay in Sabang, but I will try El Nido next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Boracay_Lover2012
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My parents decided that since I passed my board exam, we'll have a vacation before I start looking for a job. I said that I wanted to experience Palawan since we've never been there. I checked out the review of Daluyon here on Trip Advisor and thought that it would be a good place to stay at, and man did we make a great choice. :)

We enjoyed EVERYTHING! The room was comfy and cozy. Bathroom was clean. The resort and the beach was beautiful. The food was awesome, my brother and I were always excited for our next meal. The employees and tour guides were amazing as well! :D We loved everyone who helped us out.

If ever you go check this place out, there's an awesome waiter at the restaurant named JR. He's really accommodating and friendly. Always asking if we needed anything and he always has a big smile on his face! :D

All our tour guides that we met through the hotel were so nice as well. :)

Totally coming back one day!!! :D

- The Sison Family

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor. :) Ask the resort for the package they have for different activities...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobbie S
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We didn't stay here but ate in the restaurant every night. The food was superb and would highly recommend. The service was excellent and great value for money. Must try the calamari, surf and turf and the white chocolate cheesecake!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scottyhooper
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Lovely cottages in great location by nice stretch of beach and close to town. Service very friendly but could use a little polish e.g. very hard to get service at pool bar, no soap in our room on arrival. Good spread for breakfast. We did get ill after eating dinner in the restaurant but staff dealt with it well. We ended up staying in both superior and deluxe rooms and would recommend the former - cheaper and although smaller just as nice and better storage.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank mjhow
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Great rooms, good swimming pool ( though slippery surface around ... Be careful), ok restaurant, fantastic beach. In all a super pleasant experience highly recommended for families, lots of space and beach for the kids . Many things to do around (zip line a must).

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Milloscampeon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabang
Princesa Garden Island Resort & Spa
Princesa Garden Island Resort & ...
#9 of 50 in Puerto Princesa
Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa
Dos Palmas Island Resort & Spa
#7 of 50 in Puerto Princesa
El Nido Resorts Lagen Island
Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princesa
Microtel by Wyndham Puerto Princ...
#5 of 50 in Puerto Princesa
Astoria Palawan
Astoria Palawan
#12 of 50 in Puerto Princesa

Been to Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!