“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sabang
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just spent a three-day weekend here and had a great time. The setting is wonderful with great beach access and towering green mountains surrounding the area. The resort was very quiet and so peaceful; I felt like I was in some secluded, secret place. The cottages are very quaint and lovely, with our only qualm being the softness of the pillows and mattress. The restaurant is also pretty good, although they messed up our order a time or two. Be sure, however, that you know what you are getting into: I had lukewarm showers due to their ecofriendly efforts. On balance, we had a great time and would love to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RPH80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Spent 3 nights here and loved every minute of it. We took a suite room for me, my 2 elderly parents and my 2 kids. Room was spacious and had 2 of the 3 additional beds placed in the living room. I didn't had the sleeper sofa set-up since the middle of it was hard. Our room opened to a balcony with the garden in front before the road and beach. The wifi signal I got was from their bar nearby. The food...well, the previous posts were correct....it was divine! Mother loved the Crispy pata kare-kare, Father enjoyed his kinilaw with gata, the kiddie meals were also great. We ate all our meals here since it was delish but we didn't order drinks. We bought alot of drinks with us from PP and had buckets of ice delivered in our room instead. My kids spent their days in the pool since they said there is a rip. Although there was a lifeguard, I didn't want to take chances. We also had a lot of family bonding playing billiards and darts which was also free. They also arranged the Subterranean River tour and free lunch was served when we got back. We did the mangrove tour the following day and it was just a 10 minute walk away. Everything was just..wow...and now dreaming I'm back there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mayacute
Kingscliff, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We only had two nights at Daluyon but wished we had more. A small beach with only a few places to stay along as bang beach, this is easily the best. 102 was a fantastic room with a fantastic view. The staff were excellent and every request dealt with rapidly. Not the cheapest food apor drinkis in the Philippines but they have along way to get it there. Their bookings for the underground river tour was seamless and a great trip. The beach is as good as boracay if not better .

Room Tip: Choose a top floor if you can , beach view is that little bit better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Boracaybound
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This the best hotel we went to in palawan. The service is great, The onwer and manager are very friendly, the rooms were wonderfull, it was just the best.

Make sure to book in advance because it's full quickly.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Laura T
Las Piñas, Cavite, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at Daluyon for three days, and two nights; and i fell in-love with the place. The location is great, it offers a stunning view of the beach in front of the rooms, and an amazing view of the mountain at the back. Basically, everything you will see in this place is excellent. This is a perfect place for relaxation and unwinding from all the stress of life.

When it comes to the staff, they are very hospitable. All my needs were met, actually, even more. They would always greet you from the Front Office, and when you go to the restaurant, you will be assisted and taken care of. They are very friendly and helpful.

When it comes to the food quality of their restaurant, i can say that its the best. The food is just priced right, and the taste is amazing; and full filling as well. I actually miss the food already.

Lastly, I'm a rooms person. I value the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. I was impressed on how they clean their rooms. Its thoroughly cleaned and would always seem freshly cleaned when i go in. Also, the beds are really comfortable. It was my favorite thing during my stay there, the bed. I had the best sleep during my stay there.

Overall, i would come back again. Actually, I am planning to comeback sometime soon.

Room Tip: Since its a green hotel, they have solar technologies. Choose a sunny day. It doesn't really mat...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Luisito B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly, welcomed us with a cocktail on our arrival and made us feel very at home. Amazingly clean and beautiful beach directly opposite the hotel with complementary hammocks and sun beds. The mountains at the back of the hotel make a great setting for the poolside. The rooms were nice and clean with all the right facilities. The hotels located in a beach side area/village mainly for tourists and feels very safe with the locals being very friendly. Hotel food was great, even though the hotel restaurant was located at the back of the hotel, there were also beach side tables where they would also serve you so you can enjoy a nice dinner on the beach as well as in the restaurant. would definitely stay here again and loved every bit of it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emfern88
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked and paid for the new Suite room back in Feb-Mar for a two night stay for our honeymoon. One week before traveling we were told that the Room was not yet build and that the had put us in the deluxe room. There was no mention of a refund for the difference in room at this point, even though we replied straight away by email. It was when we arrived and given the keys to the deluxe room that I prompted them and asked about the mess they have made with the booking and whether this could be perhaps taken off the food. They went discussed this with the manager and we did get a refund for the mess in booking, however I should not have had to prompt them to do this they should have already been aware of the booking before we arrived.

When we got into the deluxe it was very small and dark and the bins smelt horrendous, on the first day there was only one towel, no hot water because of the solar heating. (Yes it is trying to be eco-friendly but other resorts I visited in Palawan can manage this and I can still get a hot shower) Also in our room the cable connecting the TV to the DVD player was missing so when I came for us settling down for the night to watch one of their DVD films we couldn't. We tried to ring reception who sent someone out to fix this I explained that there was a cable missing. He said he would go find a cable, after 20 minutes of waiting I rang reception back and the lady on their rather rudely told me that I would have to put up with the TV, and that they would fix it in the morning! Following afternoon I asked reception if our TV had been fixed, and the lady on there didn’t have any clue that it was broken because the message was not past on. My patience was starting to fade, and I raise a complaint and reminded them that we had paid for a Suite which was not even built, and I questioned why they had not thought to keep a superior available, instead we were downgraded not by one room but by two (and later find actually three). After this complaint they sent someone to fix the TV and it literally took them 5 minutes to go get a cable, after this frustration we then find that virtually all there DVD collection is broken and unwatchable.
The second day of being there we were sitting out on our balcony at about 2 o’clock when all of a sudden builders started stripping the accommodation next to us. They started drilling the walls and taking the thatched roof off. All the plaster was coming over on to our balcony, and I could barely hear my self-think never mind hear what my wife was saying. Firstly were we never informed this was going to happen no, was any efforts made to compensate, once again I had to prompt them and complain (which by this point on my honeymoon I was getting sick of!) before anything was done to put it right.
They eventually did move us away to a superior room, but much to our frustration we later find that the people who were in the block that was being stripped and taken apart was actually put in one of the newly built junior suites which when we arrived looked like it was having finishing touches done to it, and the reception told us that no other rooms were available during our stay because they were fully booked. But seeing as we paid for a suite room one size bigger why was there no effort made to get us put in a suitable room instead we were made to feel like we got what we were given.
Finally we also arranged a wakeup call on our final day with the night staff reception, and this never happened! Luckily my phone had enough power for its alarm to wake us up, when I asked reception why we had no phone call, they were completely oblivious to any such request. Whoever was on reception at night simply was not pasting information on.
There were other things as well that annoyed me some of the paths have stepping stones that are very awkward to walk on, the pool bar never had anyone there, there was never anyone to serve drinks along their beach, and the pool is a little dangerous of children because it is not lit and is near to a games room which is behind the pool bar.
If I was to draw any sort of positive from this mess it would be that their food is very good and that their drivers to and from the resort were excellent and very friendly.

Our difference on the suite room was refunded by including the food in the difference owed to us and refunding in cash what ever was left, the superior room they upgraded us to was charged at a lower rate. (but still charged!) for the mess we were left in I think I would have expected more, and certainly would have expected more effort from the staff to make sure everything was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wilde200784
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabang
Qi Palawan
Qi Palawan
#1 of 17 in El Nido
Princesa Garden Island Resort & Spa
Princesa Garden Island Resort & ...
#9 of 47 in Puerto Princesa
Sheridan Beach Resort and Spa
El Nido Resorts Lagen Island
El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island
El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island

Been to Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!