“Great Sunday roast...”

The Coach and Horses
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Brixworth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Market Harborough
“Great Sunday roast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited the Coach and Horses in December with my family. We booked an early table and we're pleasantly surprised to see the pub busy with a roaring open fire when we arrived at just after 12.

We ordered from the Sunday roast options ( the standard list of set prices for 1,2 or 3 courses) and waited for our order to arrive. It arrived promptly and was delicious. There was ample slices of meat, great roasties and seasonal veg, plenty of gravy and condiments arrived in a timely fashion.

Pudding was equally flavoursome and prompt in it's delivery.

My one piece of feedback or pint to note would be that the waiting staff didn't prioritise my 3 and 2 year olds to have there food first - or quicker than the adults in the group. This always means they become a little restless when everyone else's food arrives, and my meal goes cold because of cutting up their meals. Small point but it makes the meal much more enjoyable for parents.

Despite this we would go back again for the good food and excellent friendly welcome.

Visited December 2013

Northampton, United Kingdom
“An unexpected gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Waking after a fun-filled New Year we decided to go out for lunch on New Year's Day. After telephoning several establishments that were either closed or only offered 4 course set menus (Just too much after the previous night!) we settled on the Coach and Horses.
Excellent choice!
Lovely pub, extremely attentive staff and really good food. My prawn red curry was delicious and my husband thought his pie was one of the best he had ever eaten.
I often use local hostelries for business meetings so I'll definitely be adding this to my list of pleasant Wi-fi equipped venues.

Visited January 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely proper pub lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Just returned home from the Coach & Horses Brixworth after a pub lunch with friends , I am embaressed to say that we have lived in a small village 2 miles away for over 7 years and this was our first visit to dine . Big mistake ! The food was excellent , the bar chap very polite , cheerful and efficient and the young waitress was lovely , very chatty and attentive . We chose 4 different main courses , all well cooked and presented but I single out my wife's Thai prawn red curry as outstanding and she should know as we are regular visitors to Thailand and have 3 Thai daughters in law who are all fabulous cooks ! Thank you , we will return .

Louth, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've just stayed here for a night whilst visiting family in the area. Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Room on first floor was warm and cosy, tastefully furnished, tea and coffee, nice little ensuite. Rooms downstairs are bigger with room for a cot etc. Delicious breakfast cooked to order, cafetiere of coffee, freshly sliced toast, fresh fruit salad. Warm cosy bar/restaurant with open fire. Hubby had a tasty steak, really good freshly cooked chips. Would definitely stay here again

• Visited December 2013
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome. Comfortable well appointed room. The blade is beef is spectacular. Really impressed by this place. Locals welcoming as well as the landlords