“Great place to stay ”

Dining options: Reservations
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay ”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Warm welcome. Comfortable well appointed room. The blade is beef is spectacular. Really impressed by this place. Locals welcoming as well as the landlords

“Cosy, Friendly & Great Food”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my mum weekday evening, greeted by a very nice lady (landlady?)

Ordered walnut, mushroom & spinach pancakes, delicious! Great portion, wish i could have managed it all!

My mum ordered fish & chips, fish was yum and batter perfectly crispy, just how i like it.

Then finished with a pot of coffee to share, next time will have to try dessert as we were too full this time

:) £27 for :
Two large meals with sides
1 Wine & soda
1 Coke
1 sharing coffee

It has been added to our list of good pubs and will be visiting again!

“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times now. The blade of beef was delicious and very filling, we came with 2 children and 4 adults and the service was brilliant, the waiter very attentive and polite. I have also been twice for lunch in the week, having the special lunchtime menu and the waitress was lovely and attentive on both occasions. The pie was delicious and home made, I could have eaten a whole one! They swapped my chips for potatoes and mash on the second occasion (yes I had pie both times). There is only a few options on the lunchtime menu so hopefully it will be different next time but it's really good food and only £6.95 for the two courses!
Definitely I would recommend!

• Visited September 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Graet atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The friendly service from Les and Anthea is backed by proper 'home style' fayre. The helpings are generous and the value is such that it doesn't have to be a special occasion to enjoy the place. Exceptional over many years and a credit the the owners!

Visited August 2013
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The pub was a convenient place to stop for a meal and due to the reviews, we had high hopes. However, the food was only OK, plus one meal with prawns was a very small portion, containing very few prawns and definitely not worth the money.
The pub interior and outside area was average: I've seen much nicer. Plus, although I couldn't put my finger on why, I didn't like the manager or the manageress.
If it was down to convenience we'd go again, otherwise we won't be returning.

Visited July 2013