“Great local Chinese ”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

A great local Chinese! The menu contains all the standards and they are well prepared, the service is pleasant and attentive even when busy (we ate on a Saturday night).
The only negative is that the room is without soul and, thought busy, without atmosphere.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Delicious! Everything is freshly cooked and tastes amazing as a Chinese family we know know our stuff and the food here is amazing, Choy is always welcoming and makes us feel so welcome it really is the best by far

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been eating at the Pin Wei for years with my family, we frequently have special family meals and parties there and over the years have become very good friends with the owner and her staff. They give excellent service and are lovely to talk to, the food is perfect, full of flavour and there's a good variety for everyone. I would particularly advice that people try the crispy chilli beef, seabass or scallops! We've been to a few entertainment night were they have live singers dong a theme (normally a film eg Grease), they really get every involved and although I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, I was pleasantly surprised! I really would suggest this restaurant to anyone, but my suggestion would be to try something new and unusual so you get the full flavour and experience!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I first went to this restaurant when visiting my parents and was amazed at the quality of food on offer in a restaurant situated in a small village. The restaurant offers a comprehensive menu of delicate flavours (including Thai dishes). Everything is freshly made and they definitely do not rely on thick MSG based sauces to provide the delicious flavours their kitchen produces.

I have now visited on many occasions (despite living 120 miles away) and always enjoy not only terrific fresh and interesting food, but also a very warm welcome and wonderful service from Choy, Ying and the team who really cannot do enough for you.

I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant (it is particularly handy if you are popping into the Harry Potter Experience - their Saturday lunchtime menu is a wonderful post visit treat).

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Eating at the restaurant and takeaways are both excellent. Food is fresh and the service is very friendly. We've been a few times since we found this restaurant and keep going back for more.