Review Highlights
Lots of fish good time for all

Lots of fish good time for allFor $70 they had a sign fish all day and clean them at the end of the... read more

Reviewed March 29, 2019
bz2qk3
Spring Hill, Florida
Excellent time

Four of us went, 2 had never fished in the ocean. Curtis was great at giving us fishing tips. THIS... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2019
Bonnie M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
via mobile

All reviews grouper fishing trip bachelor party have a good time captain mike mate catch boat sign trips guys
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2017

I am a fisherman and have fished on sea charters in the Pacific, Atlantic, and Gulf. This was by far the most frustrating experience I have had. To his credit the captain could get us on the fish. The problem was he would not keep us on the fish we were fishing for. He spent his time fishing instead of taking care of those who paid $70 to fish. He used different tackle and bait fishing for grouper, etc. We would drift away from the fish, but he was catching what he wanted, so we had to wait until he finished for him to find another spot. We were catching really nice fish, but he would no back the boat to the fish. It was like he had a personal mission, and that did not include the paying clientele. This was also the least amount of fishing I ever did on an all day trip. Generally, you can count on 4 four hours of fishing. We had less than three and really not that much if you count the time we had to stand, wait, and watch him do his thing. Actually, we probably had an hour an half of fishing. This young captain, owner could really have a good business but has a lot to learn about being a business man. He is more concerned about his pleasure while ripping off his clientele by cheating them out of a great fishing experience. Also the mate, although a really nice fellow, did very little to help the clients. Half the time he was fishing too. I will probably never fish this charter again even though it is the closest to me. I know several people who were going to try this charter. I will definitely spread the word.

Date of experience: May 2017
4  Thank russellthatcher
Reviewed April 21, 2017

fast boat--gets you out to the action--easy relaxed day of action fishing--recommend you try some lure fishing-everything provided for regular fishing--the captain will put you on a pile of fish

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank doug d
Reviewed February 24, 2017

This party boat is awesome. It’s different and more personal than the party boats in Clearwater and crystal river. My opinion.... DO NOT go on those. They are overcrowded and don't catch much fish. I’ve been on Thunder about 7 or 8 times now and EVERY SINGLE time we catch fish. Everyone fills up AT LEAST a five-gallon bucket full of grunts. It's awesome. And don't get me started on the hogfish, red grouper, gag grouper, mangrove snapper and sheepshead fish I've caught on that boat. Capt. Chaz and first mate Curtis are amazing at what they do, and stay working the entire time to make sure everyone has a great experience. For $70 my friends and I go on this boat, have an awesome 8-hour day and all we must bring is our food and drink and Capt. Chaz and Curtis take care of the rest. I’m a little girly and a clean freak, so I always bring some antibacterial wipes and a small towel to keep my hands clean and dry, as we move from spot to spot. So, if you’re the same, I would say to just bring some wipes to keep clean. I can't say enough good things about this boat. Go by yourself, bring your family or some friends and I'm telling you, you're going to have an awesome time! GO!!!!!

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Kaylee L
Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

Always a fun day of fishing with Captain Chaz. Can't wait to go again. Saw sailfish and a hammerhead shark. Great to make new friends also. Live listening to fishing stories.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Thunder is a good, fairly cheap, charter boat. Usually around 15 to 20 people, with plenty of space. Very good mate!! And even though the day I went, they had something go wrong, they did everything in their power to make it a good trip and safe. I would go again and again!

Date of experience: August 2016