“This rare treat is not to be missed”
Review of Baker Tom

Baker Tom
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Pool
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Baker Tom's Bakery Cafe offers freshly baked specialty loaves, pastries and cakes straight out of the bakery ovens each morning. Our cafe also serves breakfast to eat in or take away from 8am; from a full 'Baker's English Breakfast' and bacon rolls to eggy bread with maple syrup, croissants and endless toast for £2! Daily lunch specials include pizzas, stews, door-stop focaccia sandwiches, quiche and pasties. We are also the perfect stop off for coffee and cake! We use traditional baking methods and the finest organic ingredients. You can find us in Baker Tom's Bread shops in Truro, Wadebridge, Falmouth and at the Bakery Cafe and shop in Pool.
Bath, United Kingdom
“This rare treat is not to be missed”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Call it hype if you like but the fact is Baker Tom's cafe provides some of the tastiest breakfasts and lunches in Cornwall at prices that should make other so called restaurateurs blanch. The doorstep sandwiches and cooked breakfasts are to die for and the Cornish pasties are like they were 30 years ago - stuffed full of high quality meat, veg and flavour in crisp pastry. Okay the location is not idyllic but where else can you enjoy bread and cakes straight from the ovens of a working bakery, and who cares when food of this quality is available at sensible prices. And there's the service and atmosphere which are just as they should be.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Friendly People Serving Excellent Well Priced Food - A Rarity”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Anyone in Cornwall wanting to put together a picnic or even picnic in the cafe are advised to head straight for Baker Tom's. A breath of fresh air in the Cornish hospitality sector that too often rips people off. The Quiche I ate yesterday could stand any comparison at ten times the price and the friendly service and greeting was fantastic. Hurry down soon.

Redruth, United Kingdom
“Distinctly Average”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a couple of pasties - they were really average, not a patch on Berrymans or several others I could name. I know that this may offend those foodies who believe that Baker Tom is the new culinary Messiah (& the hype and expectation may be the problem) but neither of us was very impressed at either the food, or the surroundings. Sorry foodies!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank GaryHodgson
Truro, United Kingdom
“More of the same please!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Baker Toms is a really great place to eat. The food is exceptional, staff excellent and the location, although industrial, adds a real sense of local authenticity.

I will typically spend between £3-7 on lunch and I have to say I think this is actually very good value for the quality you get.

I was massively impressed with their response to a comment I made about my sandwich being dry due to the warm weather - they recognised me the following day (I probably go there too much...) and offered me a free lunch to make up for it. That level of cutomer service really stands out for me. Incidentally I did eat the dry sandwich and it was still pretty darn tasty.

The Baker Tom staff should be really pleased with themselves, they're onto a winner.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Lovely stop off point in horrible area”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is very pleasant cafe that I discovered en route to some place else. Wonderful bread, lovely staff and a very nice place to stop and meet friends for a coffee and cake. It could become my favourite,

Visited March 2013