“Fab”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've eaten at The Three Daggers twice recently. Firstly with my father and, today, with my father and two children. Both visits were excellent. The menu is full of interesting food which is presented beautifully. Portions are generous. Edd's Beef Sandwich was enormous, Dom's Ham, Egg and Chips was all polished off, after some effort. Dad's Fish and Chips was well received with Dad saying after the first bite 'Proper batter'. At the first visit I had a magnificent Ceasar Salad and Dad had a Fish Pie. Both were wonderful. Staff very friendly and attentive. Will visit again since handily placed between Dad's and Stonehenge.

TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Hello

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and taking the time & effort to review your recent visit. We are always pleased to welcome new regulars to the Three Daggers & look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Three Daggers

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Having visited on Sunday evening after reading the reviews on this site I expected great things and that I'm afraid is where it all went wrong. Upon arrival the garden and interior were well presented but nobody was around to greet us and I had to walk through the restaurant to find a member of staff, who didn't seem very impressed to be ther. I had the potted duck to start which was reasonable well presented but lacked in flavour. For main I had the fillet which was a mistake as it was very bland.seasoning goes a long way. The "triple cooked chips" were undercooked and we didn't receive a check back to make sure it was ok. Customer service needs serious attention here as the girls on duty didn't seem to care in the slightest. Overall disappointment unfortunately but may try again in the future to see if these issues have been addressed

1  Thank mickey_blue_eyes_60
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Three Daggers albeit not a very good one by all accounts. I am very sorry and concerned to hear your comments.

In answer to your review:

We have two entrances into the building one via the restaurant and one into the bar area. Because we are a relatively small pub/restaurant, we cannot 'work' both entrances all the time, so if a team member wasn't working near your entrance at that particular time you may not have seem someone straight away, which might have made you feel less welcome, which certainly isn't our intention.

The two girls working on that Sunday evening are an asset to our business and have been mentioned on previous reviews so I'm not sure what happened there.

You said the chips were undercooked. We have just changed our potato variety to lovers to get a better chipping potato, because unfortunately Maris Pipers (the king of chipping potatoes!) has suffered due to the very wet weather so thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'm sorry you thought the fillet was under seasoned - all of our steaks are seasoned prior to being cooked & left to rest before being served.

I am also sorry you didn't get a "check back" - this is a very important tool to make sure our guests are happy (and may have prevented you in leaving this review if you had one). We would have loved the chance to rectify the situation on the evening itself.

We pride ourselves on the friendlessness of our team and guest satisfaction that all of our previous reviewers seem to mention, but according to your review we didn't quite hit the mark on this occasion for that I apologise.

If you would like to try us again please get in touch directly and I would love to offer you a complementary lunchtime meal for two so we can prove the other reviewers right.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Wanted a special place for my Birthday, family meal, really lovely venue, lovely fresh flowers, dos welcome, light airy dinning area, smiley staff,,we all had a lovely meal, the food and presentation were excellent, it was fairly priced.
thanks to lovely waitresses

1  Thank atworthWiltshire
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit & for your lovely comments we hope to see you all again very soon

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had sunday lanch here today, just like home cooking, all fresh,a good menu, the staff are frendly,
and very helpful, with no rush to get you served, and then push you out, we will be back soon.
the day Family. thank you for a great meal.

1  Thank Kevin D
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your review we pride ourselves on how lush our Sunday Roasts are! & I'm so glad you agree.
It is also so important to get good service so thank you for your comments

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have only recently discovered the Three Daggers, even though I live within just 5 miles. On both occasions I have visited the food was of a very high quality, service was friendly, welcoming and efficient. Add to all that excellent value for money and I shall become a regular vistor

1  Thank ChrisandCherry
TheThreeDaggers, General Manager at The Three Daggers, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Hello,

Thank you so very much for your amazing review, fantastic title & giving us 5 stars :-)
"An outstanding and welcoming Wiltshire Pub" what more can I say

I do hope you have become a regular visiter!