Tripadvisor
Bothwell
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good service & lovely food”
Review of The Cricklewood

The Cricklewood
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Bothwell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family-friendly Scottish restaurant in BothwellCricklewood is a family-friendly restaurant in the heart of leafy Bothwell and provides a welcoming atmosphere and quality home-cooked food. Under 18s are welcome in the bar and restaurant areas until 20:00 each evening, and wheelchair access is available in the main bar and a small area of the restaurant.Simple ingredients, quality foodThe restaurant is popular for its traditional Sunday roast, and fans of the classics will be pleased to hear that items such as the homemade steak pie, fish & chips, and firm favourite macaroni cheese are amongst Cricklewood's offerings.Accessibility to BothwellCricklewood is on Hamilton Road in Bothwell and has limited on-site parking, although some street parking is available nearby. Visitors can also find several bus stops close to the restaurant.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you've got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed a lovely meal at Cricklewood on Saturday evening and were well looked after by our Marcus our charming waiter.The food was beautifully presented and sensibly priced and Marcus was attentive throughout. He obviously enjoys his work and has time to chat and engage with customers. This is one of our favourite places to eat and we look forward to returning soon.

1  Thank ea790
Write a reviewReviews (800)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Marcus was first class, very helpful, attentive and engaging - we’ll be back! I also believe he’s a good DJ as well.
Food was great and good atmosphere.

2  Thank ianguthrie56
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Visited here on New Years Day. Place was booming and had a great amptosphere. Sat in the bar area next to the roaring fire which is a great feature. Staff were very friendly and even with being so busy still had time to chat away. Food and service was great. Be back soon

Date of visit: January 2020
Cricklewood2, General Manager at The Cricklewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi Culture444457

Thank you very much for your 5 star review and lovely feedback, I will be sure to pass your regards to all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

kind regards

Scott

Reviewed January 3, 2020

I visited for lunch and were shown to a table. We waited on menus for some time and had to get up to get the waitress...who promised to get them. After some time, still no menus so I got up again and asked...perhaps she'd forgotten? When the menus did eventually arrive no apology was given but instead, the reason given was "I was talking to my manager"...excuse me but isn't the customer more important? I perused the menu and discovered a sign within the restaurant displaying the 'specials' but this wasn't highlighted to us sadly. Sorry, but I expected better as the bill was £60 for 3 people...no alcohol and only 2 starters. Bothwell is saturated with good restaurants so I can't help feeling if this level of service continues, this place may not survive.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Booked the Hogmanay dinner expecting something a little bit special. Was so far from that I wish we had stayed home. £50 a head for unimaginative/bland food. Ran out of drinks. Gave the impression of somewhere that was just about to go bankrupt. At one point the waiter came to us with chocolate ALL OVER his face. Embarrassing.

1  Thank Penelopewardrobe
Cricklewood2, General Manager at The Cricklewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Hi Penelope

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback, I am obviously very disappointed to learn of your experience and would be keen to discuss in more detail. My email address is Scottmclean@thecricklewood.co.uk.

kind regards