“A Classy Hotel where you are treated like royalty”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Co.Meath
“A Classy Hotel where you are treated like royalty”
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights with 2 kids & we all had a great time.
This is a great hotel for families and the kids were treated brilliantly with cookies delivered to the room every evening (turndown service & lily o'brien chocs for parents ... what a lovely touch!) they had a "real cinema" as the kids put it complete with popcorn.
The swimming pool was not as popular with them as it was quite small (the area around it) & crowded as it was mid-term so lots of kids.
I didnt use the pool either but the spa was fantastic - however I have informed management that €60 charge is a shock to the system!
Thankfully I didnt pay as a spa experience & mud bath was part of my package.
I have been to better spas which are free for residents - I have been to lots of spa hotels and the best one so far is Farnham Estate (radisson) cavan if you havent been please go its excellent!
This hotel is fantastic in every way the kids loved the buggy rides over to the italian restaurant & then to the tennis court following Morning! The concierge Men were fantastic so friendly.
I also did the 4 mile walk it was a good thing I couldnt turn back & had to keep going in order to exit because I felt great after it!
There is so much to do here the food was gorgeous I did prefer the italian as it was more relaxed & the Italian Manager was so helpful & really managed the place brilliantly checking to make sure every table was fine!
The staff made this hotel complete & the lobby & staircase were luxurious as was our bedroom - the bathroom was divine with built in sound system massive shower & free-standing bath - I have recommended this hotel to everyone since I returned yesterday - My Dad is going down with a group of golfers because of the fab rate I got them!
This hotel really has dropped its rates & it is now affordable but it has not & I take it will not drop its high standards!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank charlieCo.Meath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Dublin
Reviewed October 5, 2009

There were many small things wrong with our stay but I would have forgiven all of them if the food in the fine dining restaurant had been any good. It was far from good.
On the plus side the staff were all really friendly and nice but the place seemed to lack any good management.
Check-in was very quick and efficient giving a good first impression however the rooms were very basic for a 5 star hotel - the two twin rooms had just single beds less than a foot apart and were perfectly nice and spotlessly clean but again not 5 star.
The bar area was a bit soulless but there were other nice areas to sit off the lobby and a nice reading room also.
When we complained about our meal the restaurant manager apologized and took two main courses off our bill and were really very nice about the whole thing but we would have preferred a decent meal.
Breakfast was very good.
I believe the spa is very nice but it was all booked up for our stay when we called 10 days beforehand to make appointments.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Connaught
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We stayed overnight while attending a wedding there. Nothing was a problem for the staff. The rooms are understated and beautiful. The emphasis is on quality both in terms of fixtures and service. The food was beautiful. The wedding banquet food was of a restaurant standard and not mass catering for 200 people. Breakfast was a very enjoyable experience. Will return for a few days of R&R in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I have read many of the reviews for this hotel. Some negative, which I just can't understand. The rooms were fab, service was fab, staff were helpful, spa was excellent, I cannot wait to get back and have now planned to go back again in a few weeks with a group of friends for a weekend for my 40th Birthday and am looking forward to it immensely.

When I rang to arrange th booking I told them It was for my 40th and they upgraded me to a Penthouse Suite !! So they definitely get thumbs up from me!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Suffolk, England
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed for a wedding here in August, The hotel was lovely and plush with fantastic views over the golf course. The service was good and the staff attentive. The food was very good especially as they were catering for large numbers, but I am aware that it was expensive. I understand that they did negotiate on the prices, so if you are planning a wedding then well worth trying for a discount.

• Stayed August 2009
Kildare
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I have recently returned from a 3 night stay in the Heritage golf and spa resort in Killenard and I have to say everything about the hotel and the service was top class and truly deserving of its 5 star rating. We were celebrating a family occasion and we couldn’t have a chosen a better venue.

My initial phone call made one night to the hotel was answered by a lady who was so bubbly, courteous, enthusiastic and helpful that we decided we would pursue our interest further and we were not to be disappointed.

As the children in our family and extended family ranged in age from 5 to 19, I was a little concerned that they would not all be catered for, however I need not have worried as the activities provided for all ages were superb.

Arts and crafts occurred each morning for 2 hours which allowed me have some adult time with my parents and siblings. I assumed the children would do some colouring but the quality of material that they produced was fantastic. Equally the girl that was facilitating the sessions was a great hit with the children and was so enthusiastic that they looked forwarding to returning each morning rather than me having to cajole them.

The older children were equally thrilled with the additional facilities provided for them, the introduction to make up session facilitated by a beautician, the use of bicycles which allowed them explore the lovely surrounding countryside not to mention the concierge giving them a lift to the tennis courts in the buggy (which was only around the corner, but made them feel special). On the night of the main family dinner, the children went into the auditorium to watch a movie and the chef provided a few bowls of popcorn which left all the adults to enjoy an after dinner drink and a chat without the children interrupting.

For the adults there is the pool, the spa, golf, tennis and the floodlit 4 mile walk which we managed to do only once. The concierges were so helpful in every way and provided an excellent service. They brought us up and down to Sol Oriens restaurant in the buggys which was a real highlight for the children.

The rooms were lovely, food was great and all the staff were very helpful and friendly and ensured we had a wonderful and memorable stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to returning again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Midlands
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed in this hotel with 4 young children and we all really enjoyed ourselves. Staff were very extremely helpful and friendly - not snobby or stuck up!!. Kids had club in morning with lovely girl called Christina and cinema in evening. The staff even organised popcorn for them each evening in the cinema they got a massive choc chip cookie before bed. These little touches were great considering the hotel does not charge B & B for kids under 12!!! The walk around the golf course is lovely and a great way to get out in fresh air. We had a meal in the Italian restaurent and it was lovely, Again very child friendly. Rooms were lovely & the spa is wonderful. A real retreat. !!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
The K Club
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!