“Arlington restaurant worth a visit”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
ireland
“Arlington restaurant worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

This time I want to review the restaurant. I can happily say the dinner I received there was without fault and that is a great accolade coming from moi. A starter of pork belly on a bean cassoulet, mains of fillet of salmon on curly kale with bacon and a cream sauce and finishing with coconut and vanilla creme brulee. All cooked to perfection and presented well and served by pleasant staff. I cannot commend it enough. The hotel itself is finished to a high standard and the rooms are very comfortable, clean and relaxing. The front of house staff are extremely pleasant and helpful (apart from the bar staff who unfortunately have that talent of avoiding looking at anyone in the eye for fear they would have to serve them!)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear IrelandHolidayqueen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent visit to The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you particularly enjoyed the cuisine in our Arlington Restaurant. I have passed along your kind comments to the chef and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Heritage again in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Kildare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here for one night - booked the previous day by phone and told the girl that it was my birthday and if possible we could perhaps be upgraded - she said definately not upgraded but as it was my birthday she would arrange for a birthday plate in my room. Check in was quick & efficient & receptionist was lovely. Lobby area was really nice, bright & welcoming but unfortunately the corridors leading to the bedrooms was a bit dreary and lighting quite poor! Our room (320) was just ok - but view was awful! the rooms on the opposite side of our corridor overlooked the golf course so would have been much nicer! So the fact it was my birthday was ignored as the 'birthday plate' was no where to be seen!! Th rooms here need to be updated especially the TV's - ours was like something from the late 80's - no flat screens here!! We went to the pool area - which is accessed by a horrible dark, freezing cold tunnel from the hotel! Pool area is quite small but clean.
We had lunch in the Slieve Bloom bar which was nice - staff really friendly and chatty. We also came back here later that night for dinner which was really nice too.
Breakfast was fantastic - such a great choice and staff were really professional & attentive.
Overall I enjoyed my stay - but not sure if I would return to stay - would definately return for bar food.

1 Thank Solarsan
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Solarsan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I see that for the most part you enjoyed your visit and I was delighted to see you found so many positives from your stay. I do apologize that we missed the amenity for your birthday. I have passed on this feedback to the department responsible. I have taken on-board your comments regarding the decor in our tunnel and corridors.

If in the future you are returning to stay again at The Heritage then please do not hesitate to contact me and i shall personally look after your reservation.

guest Relations Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently for a wedding and I have to say as a wedding venue it is class, second to none, fabulous entrance, private bar before entering the ballroom, which was outstanding. The service was great and the food was delicious and to a really high standard…couldn’t fault the wedding day and night!!!!

Now to the negatives, the room I stayed in was outdated, I understand the old worldly feel but this was very tired looking and to my ultimate disappointment we were given a wet room as a bathroom, I didn’t reserve a room for the infirm or with disabilities so there was no reason for this, I understand the hotel was probably full but I feel if I am paying the same amount of money, which was excessive, as other guests I should have been afforded the same standalone bath, shower etc… And by the way the reason I did not complain on the day was because I did not want to put a downer on an otherwise fabulous day…!!!

Overall a memorable wedding day but hopefully a very forgettable room…

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan R
Dear Susan R,

I was delighted to see that overall you enjoyed the wedding and venue but this was detracted from by the room you were allocated. If you would be kind enough to contact me on a return visit I would be happy to personally look after your reservation and ensure your you are given a more memorable room.

Meath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel and it was just as amazing as the first!
Check in was a simple process with a friendly smile. Rooms are really luxurious with all the added extras. Dinner was fabulous....I have to commend the staff, esp Patrick, who are very friendly and informative on the menu!
We used the spa and got treatments which again did not fail!

My only complaint is that drinks are quite expensive if I'm honest!
I really lovely place to visit as a couple or as a treat! highly recommended!

Dear MeathMelon,

I was thrilled to see you so thoroughly enjoyed the visit and got to use the fabulous spa. I have passed on your kind comments to Patrick and all the staff. We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back to The Heritage again in the future.

SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

We don't even get there until November..but I emailed a question about fishing possibilities in the area-and I got a phone call from Ireland explaining all the options. That's what I call 5* service and can't wait to get there.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear southernyankee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your interaction with the resort prior to your up-coming stay.

It was a pleasure going through some of the options that would be available during your stay in November and we look forward to welcoming you to The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort. If there is anything else I can be of assistance with then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary. From the moment we arrived, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Friendly, helpful, and when we had a problem with our air conditioning in the room it was dealt with straight away. Highly recommended.

Dear Seamus O,

We were delighted you choose our resort to celebrate your special occasion and that you enjoyed your visit. I have passed on your kind complements to our staff who are indeed the main asset of our resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Heritage again in the not too distant future.

Downpatrick, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We had a Nice stay in the Heritage. Opted to eat in Sol Oriens in the evening. I was happy enough with my meal while my wife was disapointed. Waited nearly 1/2 hour for somebody to take a desert order so eventually just gave up. The hotel is starting to look a bit tired, ie carpets etc but overall Still a Good hotel. Cant fault the staff one bit, Very friendly and helpful. Breakfast also Very good. If in this region i would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank NorthernRed
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear NorthernRed,

I see you had a mixed but overall enjoyable stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I have brought your feedback to the attention of the Heads Of Departments involved and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Heritage on your return visit in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
Portlaoise Heritage Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!