“Fabulous spa, great venue for pampering”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Belgrade, Serbia
“Fabulous spa, great venue for pampering”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights for a girls weekend of pampering and we were not disappointed! The spa as well as the beauty centre are well worth your while. Excellent value for money. Room was fine, food was just so-so. That said, we didn't come for the food. Other guests seemed to really enjoy their golfing, general atmosphere in the place was very positive. Staff very friendly and helpful. Depending on what you're looking for, I would definitely recommend a stay. For an exquisite spa pampering get away, I would definitely recommend a stay. For a romantic getaway, not so much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear 070OKH,

I was delighted to see you had so many positives from your stay and particularly enjoyed the Spa.

We really appreciate your lovely recommendations and hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Drogheda
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Myself and my wife have just returned from a one night stay, and I have to say the place is amazing!!
The Hotel lobby is absolutely jaw dropping, the check in took about two mins and the staff were more than friendly.
Our room (number 325) was beautifully furnished, the bed was super king size and very very comfortable. The only down side (and I'm wing really picky here!!) was the "old style" TV.
The staff all over the hotel grounds were genuinely more than nice, friendly, and chatty too!!!!
We ate in the Italian Restaurant on the Hotel Grounds, my steak was gorgeous but my wives Pizza was not to her liking, and the very helpful staff deducted it from the bill!!
The only down side to the Hotel from my opinion is the breakfast, which is a buffet style. For a Five Star Hotel, I would like table service, for the simple reason some of the food had been a wee bit dried out by the time we arrived.
All in all, a great Hotel even if it is in the middle of nowhere!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear ChrisA380,

I was delighted to see you found our resort amazing. I shall pass on your constructive feedback and thank you for your lovely complements.

We hope you return to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Ireland
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had heard much about this hotel before staying there. The room was very average and was not good value for money. It was very clean and quiet though. The spa was similarly average. Overall an unmemorable experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WellTravelledMary
Dear WellTravelledMary,

I was disappointed to see you found your visit to be unmemorable. If there's anything I can be of assistance with then please do not hesitate to contact me on 057 86 95000.

Guest Relations manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We can't speak highly enough about this hotel. It is beautifully laid out and decorated and there is great attention to detail. There is also lots to do and great food wherever you choose to eat. The breakfast is excellent. What really makes it stand out is its superb staff. Nothing is too much trouble from the minute you enter the hotel. We knew this from previous visits and this one was no exception. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mmg M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed another visit and thank you for your continued valuable custom.

I shall pass along your kind comments to the staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a GAA Meeting 2 weeks ago. I said that I would come and review this hotel as I felt that it deserved it, I want people to see this! We arrived on a blustery Friday evening before a meeting and concierge would not allow me to carry our bags up to our room, he was so kind and helpful and very friendly! We arrived to our room and realised that we had been given a junior suite which was excellent! House keeping arrived shortly after to turn down the bed and left lily O brien chocolates which were a lovely touch! That night we had a banquet in the golf resort which was lovely although I think the whole group would agree that we would have preferred to have been in the main hotel but it was lovely. That night we all went back to the bar where we had a fantastic time, the guitar was brought out and staff did not mind in fact they were disappointed when we stopped! The next morning, breakfast was amazing! An all you can eat buffet! For the rest of the day I went to the gym and pool which were very lovely and pleasant.
Before I came to the hotel I looked at the reviews this hotel has, as I tried to find something that I could maybe tell staff to improve on, I realised I couldn't! One big thing that stood out for me in previous reviews was that people couldn't understand why there was no Wi-Fi, I can assure readers that this is no longer a problem, the minute I arrived at the hotel I was connected to complimentary wi-Fi.
The hotel surroundings are beatiful and the gold course looks amazing!
The hotel is exceptionally clean and well run!
I would like if compliment could be passed on to all staff in the hotel as the weekend was brilliant!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank kilkenny5
Dear Kilkenny5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort. I was delighted to see you and your group got to use and enjoy so many of our facilities.

Thank you for your wonderful recommendations and I shall most certainly pass on your lovely complements to our staff.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Heritage for a weekend in February. Our stay was made all the more pleasant because we met such friendly, pleasant and genuine staff. Highly recommend the breakfast! The spa treatments were excellent. The walk around the perimeter of the golf course was an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2014
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear E_fitzp,

I was delighted to see you enjoyed many of our facilities and found our staff to be pleasant, friendly and genuine. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Birr, Ireland
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely hotel. My friend and I meet here a few times a year for afternoon tea or dinner. Staff are always so accomodating and friendly. Food is always very good and good value. Wish were were in time for afternoon tea more often because it is decadent! I've also attended a couple of weddings here and can only say good things.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear smiley e,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review from your most recent visit to the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you constantly find the food of a very good standard and thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
The K Club
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Osprey Hotel & Spa

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!