“An average stay”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had heard much about this hotel before staying there. The room was very average and was not good value for money. It was very clean and quiet though. The spa was similarly average. Overall an unmemorable experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WellTravelledMary
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear WellTravelledMary,

I was disappointed to see you found your visit to be unmemorable. If there's anything I can be of assistance with then please do not hesitate to contact me on 057 86 95000.

Guest Relations manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We can't speak highly enough about this hotel. It is beautifully laid out and decorated and there is great attention to detail. There is also lots to do and great food wherever you choose to eat. The breakfast is excellent. What really makes it stand out is its superb staff. Nothing is too much trouble from the minute you enter the hotel. We knew this from previous visits and this one was no exception. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mmg M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you enjoyed another visit and thank you for your continued valuable custom.

I shall pass along your kind comments to the staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a GAA Meeting 2 weeks ago. I said that I would come and review this hotel as I felt that it deserved it, I want people to see this! We arrived on a blustery Friday evening before a meeting and concierge would not allow me to carry our bags up to our room, he was so kind and helpful and very friendly! We arrived to our room and realised that we had been given a junior suite which was excellent! House keeping arrived shortly after to turn down the bed and left lily O brien chocolates which were a lovely touch! That night we had a banquet in the golf resort which was lovely although I think the whole group would agree that we would have preferred to have been in the main hotel but it was lovely. That night we all went back to the bar where we had a fantastic time, the guitar was brought out and staff did not mind in fact they were disappointed when we stopped! The next morning, breakfast was amazing! An all you can eat buffet! For the rest of the day I went to the gym and pool which were very lovely and pleasant.
Before I came to the hotel I looked at the reviews this hotel has, as I tried to find something that I could maybe tell staff to improve on, I realised I couldn't! One big thing that stood out for me in previous reviews was that people couldn't understand why there was no Wi-Fi, I can assure readers that this is no longer a problem, the minute I arrived at the hotel I was connected to complimentary wi-Fi.
The hotel surroundings are beatiful and the gold course looks amazing!
The hotel is exceptionally clean and well run!
I would like if compliment could be passed on to all staff in the hotel as the weekend was brilliant!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank kilkenny5

Dear Kilkenny5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort. I was delighted to see you and your group got to use and enjoy so many of our facilities.

Thank you for your wonderful recommendations and I shall most certainly pass on your lovely complements to our staff.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Heritage for a weekend in February. Our stay was made all the more pleasant because we met such friendly, pleasant and genuine staff. Highly recommend the breakfast! The spa treatments were excellent. The walk around the perimeter of the golf course was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear E_fitzp,

I was delighted to see you enjoyed many of our facilities and found our staff to be pleasant, friendly and genuine. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely hotel. My friend and I meet here a few times a year for afternoon tea or dinner. Staff are always so accomodating and friendly. Food is always very good and good value. Wish were were in time for afternoon tea more often because it is decadent! I've also attended a couple of weddings here and can only say good things.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear smiley e,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review from your most recent visit to the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you constantly find the food of a very good standard and thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just returned from our 10th trip to this wonderful place. We live about 15 minutes away and make it a priority to stay at least once or twice a year.
We have never been disappointed, if fact we feel it just gets better.
We arrived on Thursday afternoon, got an upgrade which was very nice and much appreciated. We had booked into the Spa and spent 2 very relaxing hours just chilling out.
We had dinner in the Sol Oriens and what an experience, I had the Mussels as starter and Hake for mains, my wife had minestrone soup and Chicken for mains. All excellently prepared and presented. We finished with two lovely desserts. All washed down by a well chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
Mini Bus brought us back to hotel where we had hot ports before retiring for night.
The breakfast next morning was excellent and set us up nicely for the day.
We did the walk around the Golf course ( 50 mins ).
Our family arrived for afternoon and we were booked into Sol Oriens for dinner at 9pm. Again excellent food and friendly service.
Why do we keep returning to this Oasis, well it may be a little difficult to explain in writing but it is simply the feel good factor we experience, the wonderful attention staff both in the Hotel and Sol Oriens show us and the value for money.
We may be accused of bias in our praise of the Staff because they know us so well now but we notice every customer gets this attention.
Looking forward to early return.
Jim ( The Curragh )

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear James K,

Thank you for posting such a wonderfully complementary review from your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see yourself and your wife had another enjoyable visit. Well done on the timing for the walking track :).

We offer our sincerest gratitude for your continued custom over the years and I shall of course pass on your kind feedback to all of our staff.

We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Myself and my sister joined our parents for a night away in The Heritage (it was my parents 12th visit!). As usual this place did not disappoint. From start to finish we enjoyed 5 star service. Our room was fab. We dined in Sol Oriens for dinner, food was divine and the staff were so attentive. The following morning my mum, my sister and I went to the spa for treatments where the staff couldn't do enough for us. The Spa, the treatments and the therapists are the best I've ever experienced. I've been to the Heritage many times and without fail we have never been disappointed. It's a fabulous property but it's the wonderful staff who really make it a 5 star experience. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear gracey83,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted your sister and yourself had such a wonderful stay and thank you for your generous complements. I shall pass them on to all the staff. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
The Killeshin Hotel
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise
Kildare House Hotel
Kildare House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kildare

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!