“Excellence at its highest! ”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a GAA Meeting 2 weeks ago. I said that I would come and review this hotel as I felt that it deserved it, I want people to see this! We arrived on a blustery Friday evening before a meeting and concierge would not allow me to carry our bags up to our room, he was so kind and helpful and very friendly! We arrived to our room and realised that we had been given a junior suite which was excellent! House keeping arrived shortly after to turn down the bed and left lily O brien chocolates which were a lovely touch! That night we had a banquet in the golf resort which was lovely although I think the whole group would agree that we would have preferred to have been in the main hotel but it was lovely. That night we all went back to the bar where we had a fantastic time, the guitar was brought out and staff did not mind in fact they were disappointed when we stopped! The next morning, breakfast was amazing! An all you can eat buffet! For the rest of the day I went to the gym and pool which were very lovely and pleasant.
Before I came to the hotel I looked at the reviews this hotel has, as I tried to find something that I could maybe tell staff to improve on, I realised I couldn't! One big thing that stood out for me in previous reviews was that people couldn't understand why there was no Wi-Fi, I can assure readers that this is no longer a problem, the minute I arrived at the hotel I was connected to complimentary wi-Fi.
The hotel surroundings are beatiful and the gold course looks amazing!
The hotel is exceptionally clean and well run!
I would like if compliment could be passed on to all staff in the hotel as the weekend was brilliant!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank kilkenny5
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Kilkenny5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort. I was delighted to see you and your group got to use and enjoy so many of our facilities.

Thank you for your wonderful recommendations and I shall most certainly pass on your lovely complements to our staff.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for The Heritage Killenard

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Heritage for a weekend in February. Our stay was made all the more pleasant because we met such friendly, pleasant and genuine staff. Highly recommend the breakfast! The spa treatments were excellent. The walk around the perimeter of the golf course was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014
Douglas B, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear E_fitzp,

I was delighted to see you enjoyed many of our facilities and found our staff to be pleasant, friendly and genuine. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely hotel. My friend and I meet here a few times a year for afternoon tea or dinner. Staff are always so accomodating and friendly. Food is always very good and good value. Wish were were in time for afternoon tea more often because it is decadent! I've also attended a couple of weddings here and can only say good things.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear smiley e,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review from your most recent visit to the Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see you constantly find the food of a very good standard and thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just returned from our 10th trip to this wonderful place. We live about 15 minutes away and make it a priority to stay at least once or twice a year.
We have never been disappointed, if fact we feel it just gets better.
We arrived on Thursday afternoon, got an upgrade which was very nice and much appreciated. We had booked into the Spa and spent 2 very relaxing hours just chilling out.
We had dinner in the Sol Oriens and what an experience, I had the Mussels as starter and Hake for mains, my wife had minestrone soup and Chicken for mains. All excellently prepared and presented. We finished with two lovely desserts. All washed down by a well chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
Mini Bus brought us back to hotel where we had hot ports before retiring for night.
The breakfast next morning was excellent and set us up nicely for the day.
We did the walk around the Golf course ( 50 mins ).
Our family arrived for afternoon and we were booked into Sol Oriens for dinner at 9pm. Again excellent food and friendly service.
Why do we keep returning to this Oasis, well it may be a little difficult to explain in writing but it is simply the feel good factor we experience, the wonderful attention staff both in the Hotel and Sol Oriens show us and the value for money.
We may be accused of bias in our praise of the Staff because they know us so well now but we notice every customer gets this attention.
Looking forward to early return.
Jim ( The Curragh )

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear James K,

Thank you for posting such a wonderfully complementary review from your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted to see yourself and your wife had another enjoyable visit. Well done on the timing for the walking track :).

We offer our sincerest gratitude for your continued custom over the years and I shall of course pass on your kind feedback to all of our staff.

We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Myself and my sister joined our parents for a night away in The Heritage (it was my parents 12th visit!). As usual this place did not disappoint. From start to finish we enjoyed 5 star service. Our room was fab. We dined in Sol Oriens for dinner, food was divine and the staff were so attentive. The following morning my mum, my sister and I went to the spa for treatments where the staff couldn't do enough for us. The Spa, the treatments and the therapists are the best I've ever experienced. I've been to the Heritage many times and without fail we have never been disappointed. It's a fabulous property but it's the wonderful staff who really make it a 5 star experience. We'll be back!

Dear gracey83,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort.

I was delighted your sister and yourself had such a wonderful stay and thank you for your generous complements. I shall pass them on to all the staff. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on quiet Thursday night.The hotel is immaculately presented,bedrooms in the main wing are luxurious and well appointed(we saw 2 as we asked to be moved ,due to an exuberant old girls reunion in the room next to ours,fair play to them!) .The staff are very pleasant and professional,the spa is well worth a visit and the bar food we ate was excellent.A lovely run round the walking trail in the morning was followed by a first class breakfast with great orange juice(a sad rarity these days).Well done to all.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DDHAWK1

Dear DDHAWK1,

I was delighted to see you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and thank you for your wonderful recommendation.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

A less than one star experience based on our treatment in the Heritage spa. Having visited a number of four star spas in Leinster with wonderful experiences we had expectations of a real treat. Instead it was a disaster from start to finish. Main issues were lack of attention on arrival with my mother who us recovering from cancer surgery told to sit on marble bench in thermal suite for three hours. I understand why she could not use facilities but was taken back later in the day when we discovered relaxation rooms in another area that would have been suitable. This interaction was both rude and dismissive. Following mix up about treatment times despite been booked more than a month ago I decided to miss my facial and just go with massage and hair. To my great disappointment the one hour massage only took 45 minutes and the hairdresser arrived so late I had to miss my appointment. So 45 treatment as opposed to the two and half hours spa experience that I booked and gave up an annual leave day for. I have never had a treatment cut short before in any spa. Local complaint did not yield much better customer service with the manager on duty offering a meeting with the spa manager and a glass of prosecco each with dinner. I declined the meeting as at the end of a stressful 'pamper day' was trying to recover some enjoyment. I would have liked to award higher rating as dinner was very good although a little uncomfortable as staff clearly told to be nice to two complainers! However we came for a spa experience and we did not get it. We tend to be easily pleased and have never had reason to complain about a hotel before. Shame on Heritage customer service for ruining what should have been a special experience. I would not recommend or return.

5  Thank Smerwick

Dear Smerwick,

I was disappointed to read of the problems you experienced on your recent stay at The Heritage Golf & Spa resort.

I would appreciate if you could contact me on 057 86 95000 to discuss the issues that arose during your visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
The K Club
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!