“Great Stay at Heritage Resort”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay at Heritage Resort”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a great hotel, and the customer service is top-notch. Don't be scared off by its location - within 45min drive, you can be in Kilkenny, which is a great day trip. Kildare is a great stop which is even closer. And you're in horse racing country, so there may be a race going on nearby as well. Great hotel, and you can work with the location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear mzmarie62,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and found the customer service top-notch.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the resort should you visit the area again.

Guest Relations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for a friends wedding on 30th November and was highly impressed. Beautiful hotel, with impeccable professional staff who catered to everyone. Rooms were spacious and to a very high standard. The stay was perfect from start to finish. Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff. When I came home I found I'd misplaced my cheque book, contacted the hotel who thankfully found it and posted to me, excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DarDub,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay for a friends wedding reception and found the staff professional.

I am also pleased to hear your cheque book was found and returned to you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here recently, the hotel is really nice, but in the middle of nowhere, they need to really make it a place you go to for the hotel alone as apart from Kildare outlet village there is really nothing nearby. We had dinner in the onsite Italian, that was nice, and the bar there is very cosy. Room is nice, although personally the furniture would not be my taste, like modern clean lines, but for a hotel only a few years old they have gone for very d style furniture. Bathroom was great, spacious with a real touch of luxury. If I got the right price I would go back for a touch of escapism.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Dimmie
Dear Dimmie,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort following your recent stay.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed you stay and your dining experience in Sol Oriens our Italian steakhouse.

I am sorry to hear you found it difficult to find us as we are very well signposted and I also recommend exploring the local area on your next visit as you might be pleasantly surprised to find some things to do such as a stroll around the Japanese Gardens or a walk on the nearby Slieve Bloom Mountains or maybe a drink or some traditional Irish music in the Fisherman’s inn a local pub to name but a few.

Eagan, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were so pleasantly welcomed to the Heritage Golf and Spa Resort on our first night in Ireland. The resort is beautiful with so many up scale amenities. My husband was so excited upon seeing the golf course, he was just like a kid at Christmas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear FeliciaO,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort.

I am delighted to hear you received a pleasant welcome, enjoyed your stay and the facilities the resort has to offer.

Should you visit Ireland again we would be delighted to welcome you back to the resort.

Columbia, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We traveled to Ireland in Feb '12 and stayed at The Heritage for the duration of our 7 nights. It was marvelous!

NOTE - If you are a serious golfer looking for a true "Irish golf experience," I might not recommend playing this course and only this course. While I didn't play (I play about 15-20 times a year at home) it isn't that different from courses you can find in the U.S. (aka not what I consider links style golf). However, the golf course looked in pristine condition, even in February.

The lobby was grand and fancy, yet inviting. The saloon or resort pub just off the lobby was perfect for a quiet pint with friends. Essentially you are located in the central portion of the island which made it possible to get anywhere (Cork, Dublin, Ring of Kerry, etc) in a day trip.

We stayed in one of the villas with another couple and it was great. The balconies looked out over the golf course and the landscape, the fireplace in the living area was a great touch and the kitchen had all of the essentials for making 2 breakfast meals for the 4 of us. We went into town and got to experience the local grocer and people - which was awesome. We were told by the cashier that she "loved our accents" which we found funny because we weren't even thinking about our "accents."

There is a pub/restaurant up the street, basically at the entrance of the resort that had great nightly specials (try the roast of the day if it is lamb), burgers and fish. Just across the lot from where this pub is located, there is a nice little store that serves a full irish breakfast and other pastries. Be careful and check the hours of operation on the way back to the resort for the night and be sure when they open. Ireland seems to rise a little later than I do.

All in all, this resort made a great home base for our Ireland vacation. We wished to play golf, but unfortunately they didn't have clubs available when we were there. They weren't "coming in" for another week or two. I wasn't all that dissapointed though as the course seemed like something comparable to those in the states - not really a links style. I confirmed this with a family member of our friends we were with. He told me "when you come back, bring your clubs and I'll take you to a real Irish golf course." I think I will take him up on that!

Room Tip: Villa on the second floor (elevator available) provided great view of the golf course, pro shop and...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear JoshB,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort following your stay in one of our on course apartments.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to Ireland and that the resort provided a good base for you to explore the country.

It is also great to hear you enjoyed your dining experiences on the resort.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the resort should you visit Ireland again.

dublin
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It is a really lovely hotel.
We have stayed about 4 times now and each time we discover something new!
Walk the "track" - approx 5k around the golf course, through the woods, Beautiful.
Play tennis
Golf (Seve course which is in super condition),
Par 3 (I took out my 3 wood and 3, 4, & 5 irons which was a mistake :-( ! This is not a pitch and putt course. The greens are in super condition - probably better than most courses right now.
Driving range.
Games room and private cinema.
Leisure centre, gym sauna, steam room etc.
Spa (I have not used but my wife told me it is class!) and hair dressers on site.
4 restaurants - so you dont get fed up of the same ol.
Great beds, sheets and feather duvet / pillows.
And if you dont want any activity the hotel is generally very relaxing and quiet - it never feels busy even when all the rooms are full so you can chill out.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eoinf
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear eoinf,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort.

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the resort once again and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay.

It is also great to hear you enjoyed the facilities the resort has to offer.

We look forward to your next visit.

Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have just returned from spending a night here with my husband.It was a lovely experience but a little short of a 5 star experience.We arrived and ordered afternoon tea in the bar. The tea was gone cold before the goodies arrived. We did get fresh tea however.The bar area was quite busy and quite a number of tables had not been cleared away. We had hoped to eat in Sol Oriens but it was booked out so we ended up eating in the bar which was quite nice.
We used the leisure centre and this is one area which requires improving. The pool is only 15m and everywhere seemed slightly worn especially the tunnel from hotel to leisure centre.
The breakfast was superb, great choice of top quality food and the service was excellent.
The bedroom was gorgeous, big and comfy with beautiful furniture and colour scheme.
I will definitely come again but I just feel hotel is about 4.5 stars, not quite reaching the 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eimear99,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort following your most recent stay.

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay but I will raise your feedback with the relevant departments.

We do recommend making dinner reservations prior to arrival to avoid disappointment as our restaurants tend to fill up quite quickly especially on weekends but glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in the Slieve Bloom Bar.

Guest Relations Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
The Killeshin Hotel
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!