“A lovely place to go!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Ireland
“A lovely place to go!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband 21 month old son and a very pregnant me stayed last weekend in this hotel. This was actually our second time here, I did bring my husband here for his 30th birthday some years ago and my how this place has changed. This hotel was rather stuffy with a consierge brings your bags to the room and very stages and full of pomp.

NOW it is a buzzing hive of activity, full of friendly happy faces, I prefer to bring my own bags up to the room thank you very much! I really like the change, the receptionists were soooo friendly and genuine. We initially ate in the Golf Course as with a young child, I didnt want to disrupt the place too much, the food there was fab, really tasty and the staff there in both the bar and the shop were lovely, they couldnt have been nicer!

The room was grand, perfect for what we needed it for, relaxing ad quiet, lovely... the breakfast the next morning was what you would expect from a five star hotel! Lovely and the choices there were just fantastic.

We will be back, thanks !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sharontrayers
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear sharontrayers,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

It is also great to hear friendly happy faces greeted you and you enjoyed your dining experiences.

We look forward to your return visit.

Guest Relations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I work on the road so as you can imagine, I have stayed in my fair share of hotels. My wife and I booked in to a junior suite for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary. The room was very spacious and had all of the bits and pieces that you would expect in a suite - Large bathroom, large bed (Very comfortable), separate restroom, large table etc. We had an amazing view of the golf course with a beautiful backdrop of the surrounding mountains. There were a couple of small issues that I didn’t feel the need to complain about. The room was a little cold and we had to leave the heating on permanently otherwise the cold really sank in. I’m not sure if this was a problem with our room or just because we were at the corner of the building and more susceptible to the cold. We were in room 323.

We also booked in for a 1hr full body massage on our first day and it was amazing. The hotel has a tunnel linking the lifts to the spa so you can just slip on your slippers and robe and go straight from your room. They seem to be doing some work in the tunnel and it was pretty cold but it’s only a short journey across, so no big deal.

On the second day we had the 3hr spa experience and that too was amazing. The spa is beautifully laid out and has all the mod cons that you would expect with ice showers, saunas, steam room etc all lightly lit with soothing sounds for a very relaxing experience and we would definitely recommend it.

We had drinks and a bite to eat in the bar beside reception (The name escapes me) and the food was reasonable for a 5 star restaurant. The drinks were a little expensive @ €5.10 for a pint and €11.50 for a cocktail but again, it's a 5 star hotel so it was expected. The staff were great and came over for a chat and to make sure we were happy.

We also had dinner in the Arlington restaurant which was an unbeatable experience. The food was beautifully prepared; the staff was warm and welcoming (without that feeling of someone peering over your shoulder). The chef presented our desert on a plate that had "Happy anniversary" written in chocolate and various other designs along with a glass of prosecco.

The breakfast too was great. On our first morning, we got breakfast to the room and it was a good sized portion and cooked perfectly. I would however suggest that you take the time to go to the restaraunt for breakfast as the choice is very limited on the room service menu but the food available in the restaraunt is simply vast.

The location is very nice but if you want to do something during the day, you will need to drive albeit not too far.

The only other bad thing was my wife misplaced her glasses (we think in the room) and we called to ask them if they had been handed in. Despite 2 phone calls an email and a week passing, we still haven’t gotten a phone call back.

All in all it was a great experience and I am already looking at returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear N1zzle,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort as per your recent stay for your anniversary.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay from the comfort of your bedroom to your time in the spa and your dining experiences on the resort.

My apologies that you have not been contacted regarding your wife’s missing glasses. I will follow up with the accommodation manager to see if they have been located.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Leixlip
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very relaxing hotel, perfect get away if you want to do nothing but just chill in the hotel and the grounds. We were moved to a room with a view over the golf course as requested on arrival with no issues. Staff were most helpful and went out of their way to accomodate us. It was perfect for our 4 month. The pool and spa were very relaxing, could have stayed the day in the spa. There is a lovely hour walk around the golf course which was perfect for helping our son go to sleep and husband to view the golfers!!! We had dinner in the bar which was alright, the restaurant was more expensive and had more options. Lunch in the golf club was disappointing however. Overall great if you just want to chill out and not leave the hotel. The staff with certainly look after you very well and you will be realxed leaving.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Helen_1925,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort as per your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear you had a relaxing stay and were very well looked after by all the staff.

It is also great to hear that we could accommodate your request of a room with a golf course view and that you enjoyed some of the facilities the resort has to offer.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your dining experience in the clubhouse. I will address this with the resort’s Head Chef.

I do hope you gat the opportunity to return and stay with us on the resort sometime in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed 5-7 July as a couple on a Grabone voucher and I can say I was delighted with my weekend. It was a real break from Dublin, work, family etc and a great place to unwind. The service stood out most to me. Having stayed in 5 stars around asia recently I can say that they lack the Irish hospitality which is perfected in The Heritage.

Our room was soundproof and beds were large and comfy so excellent sleep was had. The Sol Oriens & Hotel restaurant as well as the pub beside Sol Oriens provide an excellent options and the breakfast is immense with excellent quality options and of course real hospitality- greeted by every employee with a smile and a 'how can I help?'.

The only criticism that I have is that the saunas are not mixed however our bedroom had a beautiful standalone bath which provided enough relaxation. Also one of the cleaning staff mistakenly disposed of my night brace however the accommodation manager promised to replace any costs of replacement.

I think a lot of 5 Star hotels have lost their edge in the recession however The Heritage certainly has not. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Devine,

Thank you for your kind words as per your recent stay with us on the resort.

I am delighted to hear you had such a relaxing slay and found the staff and service excellent.

My apologies again regarding your night brace but I am glad to hear our accommodation manager dealt with the situation in a professional manner.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel we had asked for upgrade to superior room before arrival but on arrival key to first allocated room didn't work we were then sent to a room on ground floor but this had strong smell so we were moved again to fourth floor but at Back of hotel looking down at roof of adjoining building and vents however as we were high up there were panoramic views beyond we weren't charged for the upgrade once we told reception we had not recieved one breakfast was great and we ate in lounge very good food best nan breads ever tasted overall enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2012
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Zeldado,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort.

I am sorry to hear you had some issues on arrival with your bedroom. I do hope this did not inconvenience your stay too much.

I am glad to hear the upgrade charge was removed from your bill and that you enjoyed your dining experience both in the Slieve Bloom Bar for your evening meal and the Arlington for breakfast.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Ireland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my second time staying there, I previously was there with a large group.

The staff were overall very helpful but could have been more professional in the dining room and especially in the clubhouse dining area.

We had dinner, breakfast and lunch. Dinner was quite relaxing, however four of the group had fillet steaks and all were overdone by one step from what was requested. Starters were overall very good but desserts were disappointing. The breakfast buffet layout was spectacular but the taste did not live up to the promise, overall quite bland.

The bed and bedroom was most relaxing and spacious.

Overall I would say an excellent four star, probably four point five but certainly far from the best five star I have stayed in. The price was very good - 140 for B&B for two and, yes, I would be happy to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tadgh,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort.

I am glad to hear you had a good quality relaxing stay at an affordable price.

I do note your comments regarding the professionalism of staff and quality of food. I will raise your comments with the relevant departments to ensure they are addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future where hopefully you will find we have addressed the issues raised.

dublin
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everything was just perfect. I would recommend it to anyone looking for luxury, relaxation and 5 star service. I am planning my next trip back already!
I have to give a special mention to the staff who went way above and beyond the call of duty during our stay. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear aoibheann1979,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay and were very well looked after by the staff.

We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
Portlaoise Heritage Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!