“Just as good second time around.”

The Heritage Killenard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killenard
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Having stayed in this hotel in February when we really enjoyed our stay, my wife and myself wondered if we would enjoy the hotel as much on our second visit. We arrived early on Saturday before book in time and although our room was not ready our bags were taken and left to our room when it was ready. We went to the thatch pub where we had lovely toasted sandwiches and drinks while we waited for the room.

We had gone on a dinner package and had booked into the arlington for saturday where we were dealt with promptly and the dinner and servce were great. I have to say however that on Sunday we had dinner in the club house and we enjoyed our dinner probably more than the arlington which was great since you did not need to pre-book.

My wife had an 1 1/2 hour treamtent in the spa and said it was the best she's had. When we were there in Feb there were very few children where as this time around there were quite a few but most were well behaved and did not take away from our enjoyment.

Breakfast was great on both mornings and turning down the beds and leaving chocolates is a nice touch. I would definitely stay again or recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Reddec,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort. It was a pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experiences and your wife enjoyed her spa treatment.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,962)

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a lovely 1 night stay at Killenard
There were a few oversights and issues that we drew the management's attention to.
Hopefully they will take these on board and continue to improve.
Rooms are lovely overlooking the golf course and the bed was the best I had ever slept in.
Spa is lovely but need to address a few maintenance issues and time management.
Breakfast was delightful with many choices
Staff some were so lovely and helpful.
Dinner was good but not spectacular - definitely room for improvement.
All in all they have the potential to be the best, but training and some investment will fix these issues.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course have a beautiful view, thats if its not raining.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Permagreen

Dear Permagreen,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort. I am delighted to hear that overall you had a lovely 1-night stay.

My apologies you experienced some issues during your stay. I hope they did not inconvenience you too much and thank you for bringing them to our attention so they can be addressed with the relevant departments.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I recently spent one night at the Heritage. The hotel is nicely furnished, and I definitely felt that it was a luxury property. The staff with whom we interacted (primarily reception as we didn't use the spa) was warm and friendly, and did their best to accommodate our needs (we requested a refrigerator which was promptly delivered to the room). The hotel is somewhat off the beaten path so I suggest having a GPS AND getting instructions. Breakfast was somewhat better than some other luxury Irish hotels, but a buffet is still a buffet (yes, certain selections are available from the kitchen). Would definitely return if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear jjgfromnj,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the staff warm and friendly.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the resort sometime in the future should you visit Ireland again.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently made a midweek stay with my partner in the Heritage Killenard and was not impressed. It is more a three than a five star. The room was average,without a fridge. The pool was cold and over-chlorinated and the sauna was switched off, presumably to save money. The sauna is not uni-sex so even if it had been working I could only have used it on my own in the ladies changing room, not ideal for a romantic break. The underground tunnel from the hotel to the Spa complex had plaster falling in...not very nice. We had dinner in the Arlington restaurant: the food was excellent and the service good. Breakfast service was not good and the meal was only adequate. This hotel may be better at the weekend but I doubt it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear segocia,

It disappoints me to read your review. I am sorry to hear you were not impressed with your recent stay with us on the resort.

I do admit we had maintenance issues in the spa and leisure centre but can assure you these problems were dealt with as quick as possible and are rectified.

None of our bedrooms have fridges in them but on request a fridge can be put in the room or we also have a refrigeration facility available at reception.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your evening meal in the Arlington. My apologies breakfast did not meet your expectations.

I do hope you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and come back to stay on the resort sometime in the future.

May I suggest a junior suite overlooking the golf course, this may provide the wow factor you felt was missing from the bedroom and possibly try the Heritage spa experience where you can relax for up to 3 hours together with your partner.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We just had a mid week overnighter that we booked last minute with the hotel. They were really obliging when we booked and gave us a special offer usually only available through an unnamed website featuring a pink pig which included dinner, cocktails and access to the thermal suite.

The room was gorgeous - 2 giant king sized beds, lovely bathroom. Very quiet and clean. Cocktails were great, the barstaff were friendly and welcoming. Dinner was... OK! We ate in the Italian. My starter of prawns and scallops was pretty rubbery and the veal just wasnt great at all. Over done and bit bland. The pizza and carpaccio were both super as was the bottle of our favourite wine!

Great breakfast choice!!

The Spa staff were lovely, the gym is great. I would not hesitate to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear IrishSailor08,

Thank you for taking the time to review the resort.

I an delighted to hear you found reservations obliging, got a good deal and overall enjoyed your stay on the resort.

My apologies your dining experience did not meet your expectations. I do hope this did not detract too much from your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was our forth stay at the Heritage, Killenard. Everything you want for a relaxing time is on the resort. The italian restaurant and the Thatch bar on the grounds are well worth a visit. The spa experience is totally relaxing and the staff there and in the hotel want to make your stay completely enjoyable. They are very friendly and professional at the same time. The 3 mile closed in walkway around the golf course is free of dogs and traffic and feels very safe. Thd food is excellent in both the hotel and golf club restaurants - staff are so helpful. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: A view of the golf course is lovely
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ciaranguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Killenard, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Mairead W,
I appreciate you taking the time to review the resort.
It is great to hear you found the staff friendly, helpful and professional at the same time. It is also good to hear you enjoyed the walking track and your dining experiences on the resort.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future for your next visit.
Ciaran O'Neill

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed in the Heritage during the week for 2 nights and it was a fantastic experience, the food, accommodation and general treatment from everybody was fantastic especailly Maria in reception who was partically professional and welcoming. Our 8 year old daughter partically liked getting cookies & milk at bedtime. Also thank you to Dougie for providing us with the Munster hurling final on cinema screen!!!! Looking forward to going back on our next break. John, Marie & Joni Ryan Cork

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear marie r,
Thank you for taking the time to review the resort as per your recent two night stay.
I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic experience and found the food, accommodation and service from all the staff especially Maria and Douglas fantastic.
We look forward to your next visit to the resort.
Ciaran O'Neill
Guest Relations Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killenard
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 1 in Kildare
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to The Heritage Killenard? Share your experiences!