“Hard to beat”

Dining options: Reservations
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Hard to beat”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food is always interesting and unusual, but delicious. The ingredients are true freshest and served beautifully. Breakfast is the best I have eaten any where.

Visited September 2013

Bedfordview, Gauteng, South Africa
“A must to visit passing Mooi River”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

On our way back to Jhb we booked at this venue for lunch, what a great experience. There is a variety of starters, main dishes and dessert to choose from. If you like a nice calm restaurant with something different, then this is the place. I had the Pork Belly, was great. Mbulelo the waiter was also very helpful and sharp.

• Visited June 2014
“Good , interesting food”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here two nights in a row as we were staying at the hotel. The food is interesting, tasty and beautifully presented. Jackie's presentation of the food at the beginning of the evening is also a very nice touch. The wine pairing is a good idea and done well. My only comment is that the service is slightly slow and not always attentive. For a restaurant in the Top 10 I found this surprising. All and all, a good restaurant.

Centurion, South Africa
“Amazing Pork Belly!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I ate lunch at the Hartford House Restaurant on the way home from our first anniversary trip because it is listed in the Eat Out Top 10 restaurants in South Africa. It was a delicious lunch. I would recommend the pork belly very highly. It was perfectly cooked and served with perfectly matched accompaniments. The service was great. My husband loved the chocolate truffles accompanied by Amarula on ice for dessert. Overall a really enjoyable experience. Well deserving of being in the Top 10. We can't wait to stay at the hotel and try out one of their famous dinners.

• Visited May 2014
Durban, South Africa
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Based on Eat On magazine's 10 restaurants in SA rating my expectations were high going in. The farm is beautiful, offering lovely walks along leafy lanes enjoying sights of herds of horses grazing. The food was very good and the service was great. I can't say it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. I'd still recommend it though.

• Visited May 2014