All reviews great hotel indoor pool steam room lunch advice light da portugal poolside hairdryer sofa loungers car afternoon
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

The general accomodation of the hotel is pretty good as well as the spa and internal swimming pool.
... But the hotel restaurant management is inadmissible for this type of hotel! The hotel did book it's restaurant for an external party and did not advice its guest of the situation nor did limit the access of party members to the rest of the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2019

My family and I (2 adults and 2 children) were at Tempus for 1 night in Nov-2018. The hotel is located in an idyllic landscape, close to nature. The facilities are great: nice rooms, nice indoor pool and a great meal area (which we tried over breakfast). The hotel also gives you the chance to rent mountain bikes.
So if the hotel is that good why do I rate it 3*? The reason behind this rate is that my room and my bed smelled mold like if it wasn’t opened since a few weeks ago. As I’m allergic to mites I had trouble in falling asleep as I couldn’t breath properly. After a few minutes trying to fall asleep I had to go to the front desk to explain what was happening and to try to find a solution. The staff promptly came by my room (regardless of the time – it was almost midnight) and made a new bed with clean sheets.
I have nothing to say about the staff and their readiness to help me sorting the issue out, nevertheless this event should have never happened if there was extra attention when preparing the room for a new guest. Maybe I was unlucky, but because of this event I’d have to think twice if I’d get back to Tempus and stay there again and take the risk of getting a room in similar conditions.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, absolute credit to all the staff at this hotel. From check in to the restaurant everyone we met was personable and went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed and genuinely wanted us to have a wonderful stay. We particularly appreciated the attentiveness of the staff in the bar and restaurant, great conversations and advice about Portugal- thank you so much.

Room
We stayed in a ground floor room. It was spacious, sofa, desk area and large bathroom. The hotel is very modern but does need a little TLC - nothing major but some lights in the bathroom and the lamp were not working in our room. The bed was incredibly comfortable and one of the best we have stayed in. Shower is wonderful and powerful, rainfall, body jets and normal shower head, plenty of hot water - absolute joy after a day walking in Peneda Gerês. Housekeeping wasn’t so great - towels replenished and bed made but didn’t feel very clean (dead fly left on bed side table-but we didn’t complain so maybe unfair to say). Hairdryer was ok - pack a more powerful one if you need. Robes were provided in the room and most people wore these down to the spa.

Spa
Wonderful modern spa with great concrete walls and minimalist design. Pool is really warm and jacuzzi is great. Sauna was hot, steam room wasn’t working during our stay. There are a handful of loungers round the poolside to chill out. You must wear a swim cap when using the pool - which you can get from reception. No big deal and very common in Europe. Remember to take water with you, there are no fountains down in the spa. The only downside was the incredible chemical smell in the spa, eye wincing at times - if this is sorted it would be perfect. Sadly it was too cold to use the outdoor pool - this would be incredible during the summer.

Restaurant
Highlight of our stay. Staff are simply superb. Menu is great value with lots of great dishes, we enjoyed every meal. The wine list is vast and incredibly good value. The view is absolutely breathtaking. Breakfast is excellent.

Location
Perfect for exploring Gerês National Park. We day tripped to the park - followed hotel staff recommendation to Porta do Mezio, brilliant walk, we saw horses and bulls! The hotel recommended an excellent restaurant in Soajo where we had lunch. We also visited Ponte da Lima - stunning. You will need a car to make the most of the area.

Overall this is a great hotel with exceptional staff. A few niggles but otherwise a wonderful modern stay in a beautiful location. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

Room up to 4**** standards. Restaurant with helpful attendant (Joanna) and surprisingly affordable menu. The towns nearby are agreeable to visit. You can have lunch there and shop for really cheap prices. I was eager to use the steam-room... it was out of order for days. Sauna and pool O.K. Be sure to use decent GPS to get there. Not easy .
People in the area have no foreign languages-ability.

Room tip: Very similar all.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We heard on the radio about the restaurant at this hotel and thought we'd give it a whirl. The hotel is set in impeccable grounds and the restaurant has stunning views. We expected it to be pricy but we're pleasantly surprised. We had a tasty 3 course set lunch menu with some superb wine for only €12 each. My only criticism would be that the service, although very polite and professional, was a little slow with a bit of a prolonged wait between courses. Other than that it was a great experience and we'll be dining out there again