“Great place to take pictures!”
Review of Capones Island

Capones Island
Muntinlupa, Philippines
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great place to take pictures!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Capones Island is just superb! But I suggest you visit Capones Island early in the morning because there's no place to hide from the sun. During our island hopping, this was the second destination and that's like 1pm in May so it's really hot.

The shore is full of stones, no sand, but you can still find a place immerse your tired body underwater.

The famous lighthouse is a must-see, well if you want to conquer your fear of heights. It will get steeper on your way up. Mind you, the spiral staircase from the ground is shaky but it's still safe to pass through it.

The ruins on the other hand is a great venue for shutter-bugs and professional photographers! I just can't describe how amazing it is! Take as much pictures as you want and don't forget to bring a great camera with you!

1 Thank misseeswong

Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Zambalas Island Hopping”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

A MUST DO in Zambalas is ISLAND HOP! Which means stopping here at Capones Island.
Is fairly easy to arrange a banca boat for the day through one of the resorts in the area. In one day you can stop at two islands and annawagin cove.
Caponse Island was the best spot for wave jumping, exploring, and a BBQ fish lunch prepared by our boat crew (we provided the food, they did the cooking!) SARAP!

Visited December 2013
Pasay, Philippines
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“it overlooks...”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We went to this island after my friends snorkel on Camara Island. This island made me excited because I know that it has its own lighthouse of which I could climb upto the top. The lighthouse is very old. Though I became disappointed when the boatman told us that we need to swim from afar of which we didn't like because we were all tired already. Also, I wasn't able to swim because I forgot to bring my dry bag which means that my camera would get soaked if I did. The boatman then transferred us the other side of the island where we could hop-off without swimming. From there I forgot to go to the lighthouse as we were not informed that there's a way from where we were located (how lucky we were with our boatman). Overall, I would rate this island a 5 if the sand is fine and if there are signages (not the vandals we saw) that would lead us to the lighthouse.

heads up: there's no restroom, the main shore to the lighthouse is very rocky, the other side of the island is full of trash by previous tourists, there's vandalism on some huge rocks.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank EliAsar11
Quezon City, Philippines
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Enchanting island!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Visited Capones Island as part of our adventurous Anawangin tour. As the boat neared the shore we were informed that we have to swim to the rocky shore! Seeing the big sharp rocks and the increasingly large waves, I doubted if I can swim to the shore, but I did, with my friends' help.

After struggling to get a foothold among the razor-sharp rocks on the shore, one must now climb up a small cliff and from there, mercifully, was a flight of concrete steps. Along the way was an old brick drain (?), apparently of Spanish vintage. Looming beyond the trees on the hill was the old Spanish light house.

On top of the steps one can get a breathtaking view of the surrounding seas - worth a picture or two!

After that is a pathway through dense forest, and then one can see the gate of the old lighthouse complex. The wrought iron grilles and the brick construction are quite romantic to behold. The complex's roof rotted away a long time ago, but the walls are intact. We were led to the lighthouse itself, up an old iron spiral staircase that wobbled as we ascended it - freaky! At the top were more stairs - I was told that the lighthouse was increased in height during the American era, hence the extra stairs, and then finally made it to the topmost platform.

The rotating light was intact but is no longer in use, having been replaced by a smaller light. The view over Capones island and the seas are simply stupendous from this height!

Afterwards we left the island - by swimming against even bigger waves - then we boarded the boat which took us to a small stretch of beach with a dangerously steep slope. But we enjoyed swimming with our life vests on and played on the fine sand.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ermaximum
Luzon, Philippines
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“cool clear water”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

alas, we were not able to stay much longer. but we would definitely come back if given the chance so we could also tour the lighthouse.

Visited April 2013