“Relaxing Get Away!”

Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Relaxing Get Away!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my first camping trip so I really didn't know what to expect. I have arranged for a package tour, one that I found in sulit.com (wheelmo transport), and they really made our trip hassle free! We were only 9 in the group so we have to pay 1,550 per pax but that includes van rental (you even have a choice if you want a karaoke van, ps3 van or wifi van, we opted for the karaoke van), boat transfers, Nagsasa Fees, tent (our tent was really huge. It was the biggest in Nagsasa! It could house around 13 people), cooler with ice, firewood, charcoal and cooking utensils. Their staff even accompany us at Nagsasa to ensure our safety and to assist us in any way possible. They were so helpful and nice!

The beach was clear, perfect for midnight swimming! It's just really relaxing to just lay down on the sand with your friends and have a good laugh. The night sky is to die for. I swear I haven't seen that much star in my whole life, plus I got to see 3 shooting stars that night!

We opted to go trekking to Nagsasa Falls in the morning. Mind you, it is an one hour and a half walk under the blistering heat and big rocks along the way. I am not a very athletic person so the trek was kinda of a challenge for me. It was kinda a let down that the falls is not that strong because we went there during the summer season and you know how hot it can be. Nevertheless, the brook was really clear and it was a really great place to swim and relax after such a long walk. I would also advise to go up the top of the falls, because it's kinda like a layer falls, just be careful while climbing.

The only downside for me are the trash that campers leave at the shore. It's really not that many but with such a pristine place just one plastic container can be an eyesore. So, please, let's preserve not only Nagsasa Cove but all the places that we will go to. Do not be the 1st person to leave any trash. Another thing is, I don't know if this will be a downside, but I do not like the concrete comfort rooms, they have 3 in Nagsasa. I didn't like it because I was kinda expecting some sort of campy feel to the rest rooms.

We only spent 1,550 plus 150 per pax for food (bring your own food, it's very pricey at the island) and that's about it. If you would want to also hire Wheelmo Transport here's there sulit link: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/7142315/NAGSASA+Cove+PACKAGE+Tour+ANAWANGIN+hassle+free+no+hidden+charges?referralKeywords=nagsasa+package+tour&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-1,1

Visited April 2013
2 Thank jhaesmiles

Manila, Philippines
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 218 helpful votes
“Very relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

From Silangen, we continue our journey to Nagsasa Cove where we have our lunch. We paid an entrance fee of Php50.00/pax. There are a lot of campers here who have already setup their tents. Some of them are cooking, lazing off in hammocks, playing the guitar, etc. Since it’s already noon when we reached Nagsasa, we did not attempt to swim because of the scorching heat. If you want to buy souvenir made of bamboo, you can look for maglalako (street vendor), or he will look for you. I bought a ‘shot glass’ made of bamboo just because his jokes are so corny =p

Nagsasa Cove is clean with very nice fine black sand. We strolled along the beach and took some great pictures. They are selling a small block of ice for Php70.00! I know this is too expensive but what can we do? It’s so hot out there.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank tansally
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect for a One Night Escape”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's good, the sceneries and the beach are awesome. The locals were really helpful and polite. They would assist you whenever you have problems. Although, it sucks that the commodities are very expensive (but I understand because we're in an island.)

Beware though of the fake falls and the sand slap because the wind is strong. Make sure that your things are properly secured especially at night.

Visited February 2013
Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Convenient yet not disappointing”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Nagsasa is a beautiful beach with a mountain range as a backdrop, like two arms making an imaginary hug to the ocean. It has fine white/grey sand, finer sand under its waters, abundant trees around, and quiet nooks for privacy. It has a small community nearby so you'll be welcomed by beautiful warm smiles.

People who spend overnight trips usually sleep in tents. Other side of the cove is busier, where the community is and the resorts that start to sprout near one another (an impending ruin, hope not, to its beauty). A river that meets the sea becomes a lake during low tide. Its waters cast amazing reflection of the sky and the mountains. Stars are abundant on cloudless nights, not much pesky insects, and has restroom and cottages for dining (for a minimal fee).

Good for family, lone travels, couple's retreat, friends. Just please take your part in preserving this beautiful place. Be responsible with your trash and if you can, opt for the tent than the resort. The ugly version is just nearby, visit Anawangin to see what Nagsasa cove can be, if not preserved.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank ususera
Makati, Philippines
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Lost in Nagsasa”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This beach is right next to Anawangin - a Mountain away from Anawangin.
Still accessible through Pundaquit travel time around 30 to 45 minutes.
Stores are available too for food purchase and the locals here are approachable and willing to help.
the waters here are clearer than that of Anawangin.
Don't forget to visit the Water falls,but make sure to ask the locals for guide since it's far. I got lost trying my luck if i can find it.LOL guide fee is around 500 pesos.
also try dipping in the river just on side of the beach, nice warm waters.
The best thin i love about this place is unlike Anawangin the last time i went here June 2012, it still has the rustic feel but slowly it is catching up, people are putting up cottages, well i can't tell them not to because other people ask for it may be.
Just like Anawangin, don't leave your garbage, bring it back to Pundaquit. help save the beach.
Entrance fee is the same 100/day/head