“Highlight of our holiday in NZ!”
Review of Owlcatraz

Owlcatraz
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Shannon
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a bird wildlife park with owl house, NZ weka birds, a lake, wild salmon, mini train rides for the kids picnic area, gift shop, and giant cows lovely park, theres a pig that begs for food shhep and a deer called Grace.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was more than what we expected!. Exceptional value for money, tour guides were very friendly and informative (in particular Ross and Don, both experts!), a lot of beautiful animals to see and the glow worm caves are the best we have ever seen! If you want to see hundreds of glow worms then you will come to the right place. You will not regret coming to Owlcatraz!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The owners and staff are very friendly and provided a great day out for me and my two teenage daughters. The glow worm cave tour is a definite draw card but we especially loved the owls, the ostrich and the extremely raucous cockatoo who proved to be a great source of entertainment. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect going with a 2 1/2 year old and the proprietor suggested the owl and bird tour might not suit so it was great to be warned about that. It was suggested we just vist the animals in the picnic and playground area for free and possibly ride the train. Most of the place that we saw is looking a bit run down but there were plenty of animals to look at. The train ride is just twice around the house with a stop at "lolly station" for a marshmallow but at only $1 that is fine. I do plan to go back when the little one is a year or so older.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I can highly recommend a trip to this wildlife park. Don, our guide was so knowledgeable about all the birds and animals living in the park. I even enjoyed the glow worms, as I don't really like the dark!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been here a couple of times with my son. Did not expect it to be as good as it is.
It's not just the owls, which are wonderful, it's the whole experience. Too bad my son is now too old
to embrace the Thomas train, he would have loved it when he was younger.A great family outing.

Been to Owlcatraz? Share your experiences!