Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
Holiday Resort Lombok(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$136
$54
Qunci Villas Hotel(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$148
$142
Hotels.com
Katamaran Hotel & Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$169
$114
Jeeva Klui Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$91
Jeeva Santai Villas(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$107
$101
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
Hotels.com
Diva Lombok Hotel(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$29
$26
  • Restaurant
Svarga Resort Lombok(Senggigi)(Great Value!)
$50
$42
$24
$20
TripAdvisor
1,257 results
All reviewsjacuzzi villaballroom restaurantinfinity poolbagus diversballroom dancingbudget roomfree shuttlegardens are beautifulbeach sellerspineapplehuge bedgarden roomrijsttafeloutdoor bathroomthe general managerday bedwelcome drink
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I really enjoyed my 5 nights at Puri Mas. The location is very pretty, a tropical beach covered with colourful fishing boats and friendly locals. The view across a sunny blue ocean to Mt Agung every morning at breakfast was beautiful. Breakfast is varied, you choose from an a la carte menu, and can have as much as you like. I loved the bubur, and had this with fruit platter most days. I travelled alone and this resort was exactly what I had hoped for, beautiful and relaxing. Snorkelling from the beach is a bit sad for someone who dives regularly in pristine locations, lots of trash in the water, however that is not the resorts fault. A boat from the beach is super cheap and will take you to some gorgeous local spots or the nearby Gillies. There was surf (not great) on one day, again boats will take you around the headland to better spots. I walked to Sengiggi which took about 40 min but that was for excercise, you can get a cab for 20 000 rupia. I also walked to the spa resort which took about 20min and is definitely worth the change of scenery. My room was a quirky garden view, number 12, which had a big veranda and daybed. It's on the corner of two of the main thoroughfares to the pool, beach and resteraunt so if being kind of visible bothers you it might be best to ask for a different room. The pool is beautiful, definitely the place to watch the sun set over Bali, cocktail in hand. Service is slow, you will usually have to go to the bar to ask for menus, food or drinks but when they come, they are good! The gardens have to be experienced to be believed, absolutely stunning. If I was wanting this sort of holiday again, I'd go back to Puri Mas in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank kayayAlbany
Sara S, General Manager at Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear kayayAlbany

We are thrilled as you say you "Loved It" and we love that you gave such a smashing title to your review.

Travelling on your own is an experience in itself, and we have many single travellers who find Puri Mas a great venue as you can be alone but not alone due to our delightful home away from home atmosphere - most people say they just feel like friends staying with friends!!

Sorry the pool bar service seemed a bit slow, I will have a chat with the guys to make sure they beef up their service there for your next visit which we hope will be sooner rather than later.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Best wishes from us all in Puri Mas.

Sara

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is my second stay at Puri Mas in 6 months. I returned to it after having such a lovely stay in December and it didn't let me down.

You will notice that the reviews of this property speak well of this resort and are consistent. That has been my experience.

Having spent decades in the Travel Industry and travelling very often on vacation what I love about this resort that sets it apart from others is the visual appeal in everything it has. Clearly the owner Marcel has spent years collecting art, artefacts and furniture which he freely and willingly displays over the entire resort. His eye for style using local and traditional product sets this resort in a class of its own. its like someone opening their home for you to use without it feeling homely. Having said this, it is firstly a professionally managed resort, NOT a home stay.

The rooms vary in location and size. Some of the rooms are located on the second level of the Presidential Suite which afford views of the ocean Most rooms are separate villas (some with their own pools) and some are attached. Each have strengths and weaknesses. it is hard to know when booking what you are actually going to get to a degree.

The resorts offers several touring and sightseeing opportunities which this time I partook in.

Bagus Dive: I used this business (onsite) for a return day transportation to Gilli T and glad I did. Last time we went we used road transfers and the public boat which whilst an experience was a fair degree of effort. Not the case with Bagus Dive. Within an hour I was having coffee on Gilli T. AUD25 return.

Sawak Rice Paddy walk (the real Lombok): This was fantastic. One of the best day trip experiences in a long while. Endie picks you up from the resort in a local bemo and takes you to his home located about 30 mins away where you meet his family and have coffee before embarking on a 2 hour walk thru the rice fields and crossing the river learning about the flora and fauna before a horse and buggy ride takes you thru local villages and returns you to his home for lunch. Then back to the resort via the bemo. Endie is truly inspirational and he has carefully crafted a very thoughtful experience of Lombok. AUD27.00

Waterfall Walk: This is a 2 hour walk to a local waterfall. I used this walk as exercise and paid AUD7.50 for a local guide (teenager from the village). A great workout whilst getting back to nature. We encountered monkeys, frogs, butterflies and lizards.

Puri Mas Spa: I had 2 treatments. On the last visit I had one and thought it to be ok but nothing memorable so when booking again I wasn't expecting too much. Well NOT the case. Maybe it was the choice of treatments. It was the same women. It was a different room. I can't say enough about how good the treatments were and have been left with a great memory this time. Well priced but not cheap. If you want a CHEAP experience then on the beach there is opportunity for AUD10.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Sallylyons

Dear Sallylyons

It is always a great honour when guests return to stay with us, and we are thrilled that you chose to come back and enjoy more of what Puri Mas has to offer by way of Spa Treatments, great service, and lots of interesting activities to do around Lombok.

We are also very pleased that your experience was even better than the previous visit - which was only in the New Year.

Thank you so much for returning, and we hope that this is just another trip of many to come.

Best wishes and sincere thanks.

Sara and all staff in Puri Mas

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the resort (sea facing, not the spa) last week. Really great staff and super friendly. Had the priveledge of meeting the manageress (Sarah and Dale, husband, at a welcome dinner evening. The resort is $2 taxi ride from town centre or $12 from the city centre around 30 minutes drive and it is certainly no issue getting around. They also offer free trip into town @ 11h00 (save that $2).
We enjoyed dinner at the hotel with amaizing views over the ocean - great snorkelling right in front of the hotel and a fine pool area that also looks out over the sea.
Great service from staff and especially Wardoyo, the staff generally have great customer care skills. My only complaint......bring the coffee as soon as the guest arrives for breakfast not with his meal. Thanks guys we will be back .

Room Tip: rooms closet to sea are best but all rooms seem fine generally. I believe the roadside bungalows will be discontinued shortly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drommie
Sara S, General Manager at Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Drommie

Thank you so much for your very positive review about your experience staying with us in Puri Mas.

Noted your comment regarding the coffee coming as soon as you sit down for breakfast - consider it done!!

I will also pass on your good comments to our F&B Manager and his team.

Thank you again and we hope to meet you back in Puri Mas - I remember you saying you will be travelling with your family over Christmas and that perhaps we will see you all then.

Best wishes

Sara and the Puri Mas Staff.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is our second visit to Lombok and Puri Mas. On arrival we were welcomed home by the beautiful staff - We stay in quirky garden room 15 and it's perfect. Reasonably priced, lovely outside bathroom, comfortable bed and perfectly located in the middle of the resort. The restaurant food amazing. So reasonably priced and I love the fact that the chef will prepare a different dish (not on menu) if requested and he has product available. The grilled lobster is amazing and his special today was beef rendang and I have not tasted a better rendang sauce. There are other hotel restaurants down the beach where you can eat, however we were slightly disappointed when we ventured away (my intent is not to criticise other locations with this review) . Breakfast is a set menu rather than the buffet it was last year, however you can mix and match and basically have what you want. The staff are all just wonderful. They love to teach you words from their language and we all have a laugh as we struggle to remember. Puri Mas is a small resort, unlike others close by, Tuesday night is a must at the Ballroom Restaurant as the staff put on a ballroom dancing and stick fighting display, that's after cocktails in the presidential suite where you can mingle with other guests and staff. Puri Mas does not allow children under 12, so the choice to stay here is not for every traveller, but provides what we are after for our getaway holidays, all we need now is jetstar to continue direct flights from Perth so we can again enjoy this place in the years to come.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Keith L

Dear Perth_AustraliaKeith

Thank you both so much for visiting us again. We all thoroughly enjoyed your company and enthusiasm for our resort, the staff and Lombok.

It is wonderful that you have chosen to return again to Puri Mas. We are fortunate that so many of our guests return time after time which for us is confirmation we are getting it right most of the time.

Thank you for your review and the special words of recommendation for our Chef and his team.

Lets hope we meet again soon.

Best wishes from us all.

Sara

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great location, picked up by the hotel driver from the airport stayed there for almost a week. The resort is absolute bliss... No kids allowed, so very quite. Great pool, awesome food, try the traditional rijsttafel! Massages by the pool or in the sister resort (house of the home owner) just couple of km away and with free shuttle of course. All in all, great place where we will return for sure!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LuckyStrikeMike

I think we too struck lucky receiving you as our guest. So happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward very much to your return.

Safe travelling and see you soon.

Sara and the Puri Mas Staff