We booked one of the cheaper room and stayed four nights. There are villas and other rooms that costs $hundreds and $thousands so if you say you are going to Puri Mas to the taxi drivers you can get ripped off.
Our room was two storey, the bottom level is the bathroom and the bedroom is at the top. The stairs are winding and small so not recommended for the older and larger folks. It was room No. 4. The room itself was very small and had no TV although Agoda said it does and there is really no room to spread your luggage out. There was an unpleasant stain from the roof leakage on the white sheet over the heaven bed.
We paid about $90 a night with breakfast. Our room wasn't very comfortable but the resort is excellent. You feel right as ease as soon as you arrive. It is very clean. The towels smell so nice and the staff all say hello to you and are so sweet. Even the GM said hello to us and she was so sweet.
The pool, garden, breakfast and spa were all excellent.
We made a mistake of leaving this place to go to Gili Trawagan and stayed at Bale Sampan (reviewed this too) thinking a little island would be even more relaxing but Gili T is packed full of tourists and Touts who are after toutists and scam them.
We came back and stayed at Puri Mas after Gili Trawagan again for one night decided on the next level up for the room, the Quirky Garden room but again we think we got the worse room out of this segment. Room 18 itself is very nice and spacious but the staff/public toilet is 2 metres next to your front door. The other rooms have a nice outdoor sitting room at the front leading to the bedroom. To get to ours we have to walk pass the toilet. Our outdoor sitting room is inside so private at least.
The cafe staff is really nice but there was some confusion with the fruit juice I ordered where I got charged 25,000 Rupiah for an OJ and it was shown on the men as 15,000 rupiah. This happened on our 2nd day. The 1st day it was 15,000 rupiah as per the menu. I asked three wait staff about this and one said because the prices for oranges were higher. I said that's fine but why show a different price on the Menu was my point! I was expecting a very quick refund but this was not so and I felt rather awkward having to even question my hill. Then the next day we ordered an OJ again and it was 22,000 rupiah. The waiter mentioned it was a new Menu. We felt a bit annoyed at another price change. It is small in terms of money but it not very professional. Then late on the 3rd day we got told our previous bill has been changed to the amount shown as per the menu but with no apologu and it was a bit late.
Anyway I hope the hotel read this and take all our feedback good and bad.
All food and drinks have 11% Government Tax and 10% Service Tax but apparently not all staff (especially the wait staff) get a share of this. Always question your Bill! So we tipped a bit extra to the waiters/waitresses who went out of their ways for us.
Overall we really loved our stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seeking a small Boutique Beach Resort without the hip and Ra Ra of a modern complex then Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa is the perfect location. Situated directly on the beach of Mangsit Bay just 5 minutes from Senggigi, this 40 room gem offers guests the ultimate respite from the outside world. The range of room categories means there is something for everyone, whether it’s a cute ‘n cosy budget room or a luxury Romantic Villa with 25m2 pool. No two rooms are identical, following our concept of Indonesian Tradition, Luxury & style”. Attention to detail is depicted in our rooms, facilities and gardens, but especially our Service. As we are a small intimate resort, we are able to offer guests the familiar, personal attention sometimes difficult to find these days. To keep connected we offer Free Wi Fi throughout the resort. Beach side buffet breakfast is included in all room rates. Facilities: Conde Nast recommended Luxury Garden Spa, Open Air Beachfront Restaurant, Beachfront Infinity Pool, Gili PADI Diving/snorkelling/island tours. Note to parents: Puri Mas has a NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS POLICY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Mas Boutique Resort And Spa
- Puri Mas Boutique Hotel Mangsit
- Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa Lombok/Mangsit