“Perfect place to relax and chill out”

Holiday Resort Lombok
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Perth, Australia
“Perfect place to relax and chill out”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel is the perfect place to enjoy a lovely quiet, relaxing holiday, but within easy reach of Senggigi, less than Rp20,000 by taxi. The hotel does not offer a shuttle bus service to Senggigi. We stayed in a Garden Chalet Room, and although a little dated, it was still very comfortable. We didn't bring a laptop, only a Kindle, and no problems with it, always logged us on to 3G which surprised as as we didn't expect 3G only wi-fi. The bathroom amenities were not replaced every day, and only 1 hand towel was provided, rather than 2, but at least the towels were changed every day, as were the sheets. We like the Holiday Resort much better than the Sheraton in Senggigi as the staff are fantastic, and the hotel really does have such a laid-back feeling. Beautiful swimming pool. Huge variety of food for breakfast (included), both Western and Asian. Very expensive to eat in the hotel restaurants and quite limited menus, and only 1 little warung just up the road, but of course Senggigi offers many choices.

Room Tip: If booking a Garden Chalet room, ask for one on the higher level. The floors are wooden and it seem...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PoliPerth
I Ketut M Jaya K, General Manager at Holiday Resort Lombok, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to call us. We look forward to serve you better on your next visit.

I Ketut M Jaya Kusuma, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2012

For those of you finding Bali too busy, too many street sellers and you’re not interested in shopping then Lombok is the place. I have stayed at the Holiday Resort twice now and the staff remembered me 2 years on my second return. This resort is right next to the ocean and a short drive to Sengigi town if you want to try any of the restaurants there. Personally we found everything we were looking for right here and in the surrounding hotels - a simple beach walk will give you ample choice for dining. And the Resort itself has a choice of 3 restaurants and a band / entertainment of some sort each night by the pool. The pool is fantastic resort style. I never had to fight for a lounge. The guys in the pool bar are very entertaining and will gladly accommodate any concoction once they know your taste. We stay in a beach villa which faces the ocean directly, but no so close that you get covered in sand. The grounds are well maintained with coconut palms and lush lawns. The staff are amazing, there is a noticeable difference between people of Lombok to Balinese - they are quieter and a little shyer - however once you approach with a smile and a chat they come right back at you. They don’t have DVD machines, though they gladly found one for me to hire (at a decent rate) They also organised our scooters - fantastic service with out having to feel competitive or having to barter. I will come back again ... love it

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Madasun67

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The resort itself is really a place to chill out and enjoy the sea, sun and sand. We were at the beach bungalow and the best part of it was even when we lie on the bed, we could hear the sound of the waves. And what more, in clear days, you could see Mount Agung from outside the bungalows.

The resort might want to clear the plants along the resort near the beach, though. We could hear the waves but the sea is blocked by the plants and bushes. We think that these plants were planted to give the privacy. Well, it's the privacy or the sea....

We also like the outdoor bathroom that the beach bungalow comes with. A great place for honeymooners.

Snorkeling can be done from the beach outside the resort. There is a guy who rents out the snorkeling mask and flippers and would bring you to the deeper side where you would see beautiful corals and colourful fishes at a fees as cheap as RP50,000. Though, the best place to snorkel in Lombok is still by the Gilis.

For the Asians especially, if you are a fan of the thorny fruit called Durian, visit Lombok in December, the local durians there are superb. Bitter-sweet and fleshy unlike the ones in Bali. We had durians by the roadside and it was really worth the stares.

Do bring insect repellant along. During the evening, there are mosquitoes around, though the hotel staff fumigates the place daily.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fauziah A

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed in the first week of December 2011. Tried accessing internet via wifi from the very first day itself. But internet service was most unreliable. I was suggested to come to the lobby. Why should i go their? Although my laptop was showing availability of network but could not connect or it was shortly getting disconnected. The reception boy also could not help sending a technician. It was a poor experience living their without internet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This was my fourth trip to Lombok in four years. 2007, 2009, 2009 and 2011.

The Holiday Resort Lombok is really relaxing. It is an expansive Resort with complete access to the beach and the sea. Their beachfront would have to be 200 metres plus. And it’s private beachfront, with only a few hawkers that you can avoid very easily if you want to. The location is superb. In fact, the whole “strip” north of Senggigi is really nice. I did a boat ride on one of the days there, from Senggigi Beach up to Manggsit and back again. And the motor scooter ride makes a lot more sense once you have done that.

Each time I have been to the Holiday Resort Lombok I have chosen a Beach Bungalow. Initially, I had read a TripAdvisor review on the Holiday Resort Lombok and that contributor said to get the Beach Bungaow. That was good advice. The Beach Bungalows are a good size with two apartments to a building. The bathrooms are huge and have a Resort-like feel. The beds have mosquito nets for the “honeymoon” experience, which I like. At first, I thought I won’t use that but now I have come to like them.

This recent trip to the Holiday Resort Lombok was one I had been looking forward to. I have been to Bali many times and I have seen a lot of it and I love Bali. But Lombok has it’s own charm. And it is not like Bali. It is not as developed yet, by far. It is almost a step back in time. And it is beautifully scenic. Well, most tropical islands are gorgeous and Lombok is one of those islands. I have, as yet, to explore Lombok by car and motorbike, rather, I have been content to have a Resort-style vacation thus far. But, that is going to change.

I had arrived at Bali and stayed at my usual favourite Hotel in Legian. All good. The next day I bought a return ticket to Lombok for Rp410,000 – a PROMO deal by Merpati. Wow – less than $45 return Bali to Lombok. That is a bargain. Then once arriving at the brand spanking new Praya International Airport on Lombok (Selaparang at Mataram is no longer used for RPT flights) I met the Holiday Resort Lombok driver and was taken the 1 hour 30 minutes drive to the Holiday Resort Lombok.

It’s an interesting ride and I would only ever do it during daylight hours. There is a huge amount to be seen along the way. I have got about 300 photos from my various rides on those roads.

The new International Airport is functioning well and the surrounding development is still continuing. There is a lot of roadworks still happening and landscaping, and so on. But they are onto it, working away.

I got to the Holiday Resort Lombok and was glad to let someone put my suitcase in my Beach Bungalow and then I wondered what my next move would be.

There is a great restaurant called The Square in Senggigi so I headed for there by cab. After a great lunch, I made my way about things and had an early-ish night, watching a movie and then listening to the waves crashing on the beach just outside.

The Holiday Resort Lombok provides a good buffet breakfast and I really like the venue – the Rinjani Restaurant. The stonework is lovely and the whole setting is stylish.

That morning I rented a scooter for 2 days. I got up to the Transit Terminal for the Gili Islands transports. I had been there before and just simply wanted the ride again. That short trip is also a great thing to do in the region.

I could write out a travelogue of how to enjoy your stay at the Holiday Resort Lombok but it suffices to say that if you are heading for the Senggigi area, the Holiday Resort Lombok is the place to stay if you want a huge space to enjoy, with the beach, the waves and the other good things all nearby. And the ability to retreat to the peace and quiet that you might be seeking or needing. I become a tad philosophical when there, telling myself that I need this and that it is good.

There are some interesting other accommodations nearby but it’s wall-to-wall or shoulder-to-shoulder by comparison with the Holiday Resort Lombok. At the Holiday Resort Lombok you get plenty of room, I repeat, plenty of room to spread out into. I find that quite relaxing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank Cherokee235

Oss, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We always get a warm welcome, we feel at home atHoliday Resort.
The rooms and bungalows are very nice decorated and near to the restaurants, swimming pool and beach.
All the staff is very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Boy-Nellie

Jimbaran, Indonesia
Reviewed November 17, 2011

the location is near by of senggigi beach on behind the resort, nice restaurant, nice pool. already miss to spend my time here..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank harumi_widi

I Ketut M Jaya Kusuma, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi
Novotel Lombok
Novotel Lombok
#1 of 11 in Kuta

Been to Holiday Resort Lombok? Share your experiences!