“Beautifully designed resort”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautifully designed resort”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a cosy resort with villas in a beautiful garden setting. Our family of 2 adults + 1 kid stayed in an oceanfront suite and enjoyed our stay.

The villa we stayed in is well-designed. A big patio facing the ocean, nice room with space for a roll-out bed, and we loved the outdoor shower and adjoining spacious closet. We had no problem with noise or mozzies.

The level of service we experienced is way above my expectations. From driver to receptionists to restaurant staff, they were all well-trained, helpful and warm. The housekeepers and maintenance staff were all hardworking too.

The restaurant serves very good food. The breakfast was ala-carte instead of buffett style, which in my opinion is way more enjoyable, you get your food freshly cooked, and there's less food wastage. The homemade jams were very yummy, as are the pancakes, omelettes and frenchtoast. We had no problem with the variety, and loved taking our breakfast by the sea. We had all our dinners there too and were mostly happy. The local dishes were especially good, as were the kid's meals. The only time our meal wasnt perfect was when we ordered the seafood meal for dinner one night, and the fish was hard. But when we feedbacked to the wait staff, he immediately apologised and took it back to the kitchen. The chef then cooked another fish for us, which was much better, and gave us a discount even though we did not ask for it. <Here, I have to say as someone who has worked front line before, kudos to the staff for the initiative to do customer service recovery, and kudos to the mngt for staff empowerment.>

The spa too was nicely-designed. It's not air-conditioned, but with the sea breeze blowing, you really dont need it. I liked how they built a mezzanine level for shower and changing, very cool.

Word of advice: If you're looking for sports center kind of place, then you'll be bored. But If you are looking for a laze-by the pool kind of holiday, this is perfect. With our 6-year old, we had fun swimming in the pool, looking for 'treasures' on the beach, catching crabs, being amazed by the size of the local geckos, feeding the resident cat who magically appears at dinner time... overall just spending time doing nothing together, which is lovely.

The only reason this place didnt get a five star is just because the beach is not good. It's very rocky, and the sand is blackish, not ideal for a 'beach resort' - You cant lie on the beach, or wade in, and marine life is limited.

2 Thank wayfarer21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My family's holiday in Lombok was made extraordinary with our stay in Jeeva Klui. It lives up to it's name: the "soul of Klui". I am happy and grateful I got the choose to experience Jeeva Klui. The view of the sea and the sound of waves from the spa is awsome. The whole place makes you feel like it is yours.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 4, 2013

After comparing the 4 types of villas that they offer, I had decided to choose the Amra villa. The main reasons are I wanted a private pool, and a bathtub. I checked-in with my family which consists of 2 young kids - 10 & 4. For safety reasons, I do not leave my kids by themselves in the pool/tub as the pool is quite deep - I guess it's close to 1.5m.

Pros:
The staff are really friendly, and most of them speak English.
The resort doesn't have many villas, so it's usually quite peaceful.
The layout & design of the resort is really nice, you can capture many "postcard views" on your camera.
A really good place to relax.

Cons:
Mosquitoes. You just can't avoid them in a resort like this. There was a time where my 4 yr old took a bath using the outdoor bath & had 6 bites in less than 5 mins.
Outdoor bathtub is nice, but will be nicer if it's indoor. I kept worrying about prying eyes.
(If I am not wrong) All Amra resorts are by the road, and it is really noisy during morning & evening peak hours. You can hear all the motorbikes at those hours. I kind of regretted choosing that villa. If I knew that, I would have selected a villa nearer to the beach.
The CDs that they provided are too aged.... will be good to have more newer titles.
The pillows & towels don't smell fresh.
Should have more variety for breakfast & tea-time.We stayed for 5 nights, by the 3rd morning, we lost interest in the breakfast selection.
The spa should have more rooms and masseur. I couldn't get an appointment for the last 2 days of my stay.
There is no complimentary shuttle to Senggigi.

Overall, the stay is rather enjoyable, but I believe, with the above tweaks, Jeeva Klui will be the perfect place to choose in Lombok! Thank you, especially to Idris, and all the other staff whom made our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Do not choose those villas by the road. I had chosen Amra villa, and unfortunately it was by the roa...
4 Thank Ng G
Singapore
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this resort with my husband and 2 kids both 8 years of age and it was perfect! I would not consider this a kids friendly hotel as there are really nothing much for the kids to do apart from swimming. But I did spend quality time with my kids walking the beach, swimming in the pool, enjoying meals together and playing on the lawn in front of our villa. It was quality time well spent!

I had initially had chosen to stay with Qunci or Sudamala but both these 2 hotels do not allow 2 kids in a room and asked me to book 2 rooms instead, hence when Jeeva offered me the sea front ocean villa with an extra bed and a sofa bed, I did not hesitate to confirm the booking.

Room - the room was spacious even after they have added the extra bed and converted the sofa into a bed. The outdoor shower was lovely but adding a bathtub would be nice! The outdoor patio is hug, fitted with 2 rattan armed sofa and a big lazy bed. You can expect constant sea breeze blowing here.

The restaurant - The resort is not big, hence I guess that explains why there is only one restaurant. Overall the food was good. The choices on the menu is good for 3 days and they do offer kids menu. The gem for me was that they offer complementary tea break with local snacks and fruits from 4-5pm and this is the best time to just laze by the pool and wait for the sun to set! They always attend to my kids first, this made them feel special.

The staff - All the staff are well verse in English, friendly and always serve with a smile.

The spa - was perched on a hill offering great view of the beach, but I think they are little short handed because I could not get a slot until my 3rd day of stay.

The beach - not the best beach because its pebbly, but it is clean for a good sea swim.

Location - its a few kilometres away from the Sengigi beach area hence it is secluded. There are not staff or shops outside the hotel hence if you are looking to have a meal outside the hotel, you'll need to get to Sengigi area. The front desk would be happy to call for a cab for you.

Overall thanks Jeeva for a wonderful stay. We will be back!

Room Tip: Choose rooms nearer to the spa. Its quiet and secluded. Avoid the room next to the restaurant as it...
1 Thank sgpgal
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Lombok. We have traveled quite a bit and have never stayed in a nicer hotel. The room was very clean and spacious with a beautiful outdoor shower. We stayed in an ocean view room and it was worth every penny. Great value. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and perfectly kept. The food is also delicious and reasonably priced. However the best feature of the hotel is the staff. They are friendly, eager to please, and most gracious and they call you by name all the time. We looked at a couple of higher rated hotels in Singiggi and they were not nearly as nice as Keeva Klui. This is a small intimate resort.. You can't go wrong here plus the price is great.

Room Tip: Ask for room 101. Ground floor and it is on the end of the resort.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geechieboy
JeevaKlui, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We posted it at reception so everyone at Jeeva Klui could see it. We also appreciate your kind comments comparing Jeeva Klui to other resorts in Lombok.. sometimes we also wonder! Charleston (a very nice place) is a long way away but we hope to see you again at Jeeva Klui. Once again, thank you for the review and we are glad you enjoyed Lombok!
São Paulo -Brasil
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I spent my last 5 nights of my honeymoon at this wonderful hotel, we stayed at Akasha pool vilage, room simply fantastic, the hotel service is everything you might want in your stay, the restaurant is very and the swimming pool is awesome, the beach has some small stones already in the water but it is easy to transpose them and relax in the waters of the sea.
Our honeymoon cake is simply spectacular, the massages offered at the spa are excellent compared with some massage until the best places of Thailand, I'm really recommend especially for romantic couples of any age

Room Tip: All room are amazing!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JeevaKlui, Owner at Jeeva Klui Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for the future! Thank you for staying with us for part of your honeymoon. We are glad that we could help make your honeymoon as enjoyable as possible. Selamat dan bahagia! We hope to see you again at Jeeva Klui if you are in this part of the world again!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

To celebrate my 40th my sisters and I travelled for 2 short days. This hotel had a cold drink and moist towel waiting for me. We all loved our villa with private pool and quickly dived in. While floating on my back I looked up to see an amazing canopy of tropical trees and mangoes. The family made it just in time for our free afternoon tea from 4-5pm. Iced tea, fried tasty morsels with dipping sauce, Indonesian desserts and tropical fruits. I was worried about Mosquitos as we sat in the open air restaurant but I was told they regularly spray. I didn't see any while I was there. The main pool overlooks the sea and the gardens are perfect. Breakfast was lovely and the mango lassis amazing. The best part were the staff. Two standouts were Ken and Jin. They knew all of our names and greeted us and spoke with us on each occasion we met.

Room Tip: There is a little bit of road noise but not loud at night. The Amara villa is perfect for 2 couples...
1 Thank Melinda E
Happy Birthday and many happy returns! We are happy you chose Jeeva Klui your family birthday celebration. Thank you for your kind review and may this be a great year for you.

Happy Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#1 of 3 in Tanjung
Katamaran Resort
Katamaran Resort
#5 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to Jeeva Klui Resort? Share your experiences!