I would love to find something unique to say about this wonderful hotel, but previous reviewers have pretty much covered everything already. Perhaps the fact we took our son, a 10 month old cheeky baby, to the hotel gives me the opportunity to say how much I would recommend this place for families, especially those travelling with a really little one. Apologies for those who have no interest in a "Travelling with a baby" review, I can assure you it is also a great place if you are just a couple or single traveller.
Anyway, from our perspective, we were made to feel so welcome, and our baby boy had a ready made team of "Uncles" and "Aunties" from the staff who would happily play with him, take him to see the fish, release the rescued baby turtles into the sea, share some bananas from the kitchen or whatever seemed to be his need at the time. So, although the surroundings are nice, and the facilities excellent, if you are looking for a wow factor, it is the staff who make this place utterly incredible.
A baby cot was provided, the restaurant has a high chair and there is a menu suitable for kids although the kitchen was able to provide other meals on request to suit a young baby's needs. Nothing was too much trouble, and asking for something special (e.g. extra bananas), didn't feel like a huge inconvenience.
With the eyes of a new parent, my comments are as follows:
- The restaurant is well located for you to use a baby monitor with a good range from most beach villa rooms if you want to have a drink or eat dinner, while your baby sleeps. (Bring your own). We think the Wifi is good enough to use one of the baby monitor apps if you have that.
- There was a very good babysitter our friends used for their three boys, and the hotel can arrange this if you prefer to have someone there, instead of using the baby monitor only.
- The baby chair in the restaurant is a touch too big for really young children, we needed to use lots of pillows and cushions to ensure he didn't slip out, so would suggest the hotel sees if there are any alternatives as well, or see if they can acquire something like a First Years On The Go Booster Seat to make mealtimes more possible. Or parents, buy one yourself and make life really easy!
- The beach is lovely to walk on and the sea is calm enough to take your baby into.
- There is lots of shade and grass to play on.
- The fishponds and pool are unguarded, so as a parent it's your responsibility to make sure your baby isn't going to fall/crawl in.
- The wardrobe area is in the bathroom, which is great for two reasons - excellent place to set up a nappy changing table and also you can get dressed with the light on without disturbing your baby who will (hopefully) be asleep in the bedroom!
- The bose ipod dock in the rooms enables you to take your baby's own favourite lullabies to ensure a good night's sleep while you enjoy cocktails on your verandah or at the pool bar. Hohoho.
Finally, to Jeeva Klui management (as I'm sure you'll be reading this), and all the team there, thank you so much for making our holiday easy, relaxing and fun and sharing your hospitality with us. We really hope to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Sengigi on a private sandy beach, Jeeva Klui is a 35 suite and villa resort. All suites face westward and have ocean views with 18 absolute beach front suites. Jeeva Klui combines traditional Lombok design with modern comfort to create a unique tropical Indonesian experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Jeeva Klui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jeeva Klui Hotel Mangsit
- Jeeva Klui Resort Lombok/Mangsit