“What more can be said!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mangsit
Sydney, Australia
“What more can be said!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Looking at all of the views currently on Trip Advisor for Jeeva Klui, we probably don't need to add one more.
What can we say:
- Beautiful accommodation
- Fantastic Staff
- Great location
- Sensational Food (thanks to the wonderful head chef)

Highly recommended Jeeva Klui for a peacful, relaxing vacation on an island that is still beautiful, natural and most importantly still untapped with regards to large hotels, shops and shopping malls etc (lets hope it stays that way for a few more years at least).

Thanks Jeeva Klui for a wonderful week.

Debbie, Bryan, Juie and Jackie

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie010356

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and i stayed here for five nights to decompress after the holiday season. It was a wonderful stay in all respects. The staff are very well trained and the service was excellent. The hotel accommodate only around 70 guests so there are no crowds. The rooms are mostly one up, one down in small cottages which all well situated; they are spacious with large balconies and with large dressing room bathroom area. Very comfortable and spacious with AC and Satellite TV. Wi FI is present but the connection can be a bit erratic.The restaurant food is also excellent with good variety and reasonably priced. We felt no need to go outside for dining. We just loafed around the pool and read most of the time but trips inland or over to the Gilis are easy to arrange. The beach is sandy but in the water are a lot of small rocks and broken coral on the bottom which make paddling uncomfortable unless you are wearing some protection for your feet. I can't say enough nice things about this place and recommend it highly for comfort and style.

Room Tip: The first row of bungalows face the water directly but the second row behind them are well staggered...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eyendall
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have just spend four days at Jeeva Klui and would give it our highest recommendation.
The facilities and the staff are second to none from the time that we were picked up from the airport by a very informative and friendly driver until we were dropped off again everyone that we came in contact with made us so welcome.
We stayed in a spacious and incredibly tastefully decorated Oceanfront Suite, the view across to Bali was spectacular especially at sunset.
The restaurant had a good cross section of western and local dishes at very reasonable prices, we intended to try other local restaurants but were so happy with what was on offer we never left the resort, the serving staff at the restaurant were able to explain any and every dish available in detail which is a rarity at any resort and they took the time to look up our names and always greeted us by name.
We live in Bali and have a lot of choices when it comes to place to go but Jeeva Klui is definitely the best we have found

Room Tip: I am unable to review the fitness centre or the spa because we dint use either
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter M
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a long day trip we arrived at Lombok airport to be picked up by a friendly driver.

We've been in Bali a few times before so we found extremely refreshing the slow pace in Lombok this time, every body seems to agree that Lombok has the same charm Bali did 15 years ago. And we loved it.

The drive from the airport is long (1.5hr) but pleasant. By the time we arrived at the resort it was already dark but the resort was beautifully lighted, the staff very friendly and attentive, the air filled with jasmine aroma so we instantly knew that we were at the right place for our beach getaway.

The next morning after our arrival I was even more impressed with the surroundings, lots of palms, beautifully designed property and it never felt crowded.

Vale for money; best hotel we have stayed so far. Nothing too ostentatious or over the top but still remarkable. Price is significantly lower than places like Bali or Phuket but our ocean front room view surpassed any expectation. Sometimes when you stay at amazing villas it happens that you miss being outside or get to enjoy the beach. The ocean was only 30ms away from us, our room had an amazing and cozy deck where we hanged out a lot and the nice lounge chairs in front of our room were the perfect spot to watch the most amazing sunsets!!

Room is rather simple in deco but very tropical chic. Bed was very comfortable and we are very picky when it comes to beds at hotels; although I couldn't really tell If it was the whole relaxing experience that made us overlook those kind of details.

The pool and lounging area is also amazing, weather was perfect most of the time, one thing that we were told that even when is rainy season in Bali; Lombok remains a bit drier. Temperature was incredible..In the evenings i was swimming while my husband was sipping delicious mojitos. Total holiday bliss

The only thing we might have to address is that food wasn't the best we had. Snacks were ok and you have lots of food choice from western to asian but we had to keep telling ourselves that maybe food quality doesn't have the same standards as Bali or Phuket. Having said that after a couple of regrettable experiences eating outside we understood why must of the guest stayed in for dining. Besides the restaurant is just sp inviting. Here is a piece of advice, the apparently famous seafood restaurant Warun Menega was the worst experience ever. Service non existent, we were recommended to go over to watch the sunset, we didn't manage that early but the beach was sooo dirty and smelly we almost regret to sit outside. Wild cats eating the food in neighboring tables, don't waste your time in this lousy place.
Breakfast was very nice, temperature every morning was amazing so we sat there for long time overlooking the sea and the luscious gardens while enjoying our meal. Staff is over the top attentive, I know once someone came with the idea of always calling guest by their names would make them feel well looked after someone needs to tell the friendly staff that some times over the top might be annoying. Be prepare for uber friendliness.

I almost skipped the spa expire nice due a review from another guest. You have to try it. Don't go to late because the place is open so you might get attacked by Mosquitos but having a massage listening to the waves just outside was amazing and relaxing

We can't wait to return!!

• Stayed February 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a short (2 night) stay at this small resort (35 rooms) on my way from Sumbawa to Jakarta during the Indonesian holiday on March 12. Overall, it was a very good experience. Driver who picked me up was very nice and friendly (who isn't here?!). Welcome was nice, but not as warm as some I have received in Indonesia. They forgot to take an imprint of my credit card, but I reminded them. Room was probably the best appointed of any place I have ever stayed. I was in a "Sunset View", room 209, and I spent about 95% of my time there, as it had a beautiful view of the ocean, sunset, grounds, etc. It also had a huge deck where I caught up on work while listening to the surf. It doesn't get any better than that. Grounds are immaculate, gorgeous. Staff is there to give you whatever you want at any time. Internet is free and accessible from anywhere on the grounds. Infinity pool in front of restaurant is very nice, and nice place to take your meal.

Cons: (1) I had ants that were biting me when sitting on the lounge on my deck, so they may want to take care of those, but I know they are everywhere in Indonesia. (2) This is more of a quiet, romantic place, and since I was here by myself, it felt kind of weird eating with all these couples in love, lol. I brought a book to dinner as not to stare, but I would probably stay in a larger resort next time to be a little more anonymous. I would return here with a significant other, but not as a single, nor as a family. (3) Although I heard that the owner of the hotel was American, I never saw anyone but native Indonesians here, and sometimes their English skills were not up to bar, especially some servers in the restaurant. I have a life-threatening allergy to shellfish call anaphylaxis, and I was concerned that they would possibly serve me something that would require a trip to the hospital or morgue. Once I ordered an appetizer and main course and asked for this to be served together, but it was not. This isn't the biggest thing in the world, but due to their lack of understanding English, they missed some smaller details that would have been nice. (4) The resort is up against the main road and there is drone of scooters that can be heard pretty much from early morning until late at night - I would prefer to stay somewhere that is further from the main road. (5) Path lighting could be better - I felt a little uncomfortable walking to and from dinner at night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

JeevaKlui was one of the best resorts we have ever stayed in. From start to finish, the resort was classy and beautiful and calm and professional. Check-in was great, and we were immediately showed to our gorgeous ocean-front suite. The huge front porch with daybed and armchairs was fabulous, but the view of the ocean about 30 feet away was the showstopper. Our room was immaculate. Interior decor was warm and eco-luxurious, the zen-inspired bathroom was spacious and immaculate. The outdoor shower in our own little bamboo garden was nothing short of fabulous. Coming from a cold Canadian winter, JeevaKlui was just what we needed to celebrate our honeymoon. I cannot say enough about the design and decor of the room and of the whole resort. It was so refreshing to stay at a resort where you wake up to the sound of the ocean, and lazy over to a calm and serene restaurant and pool. Unlike some caribbean or US resorts, where you have water-aerobics and loud-pumping music all day, JeevaKlui was the perfect peaceful place for us to spend the first part of our Bali Honeymoon.

The food at the restaurant was fantastic. As a food blogger, my husband and I are foodies, and the food at JeevaKlui was amazing. Fresh, flavourful and very very well-priced, the extensive menu that incorporated Indonesian and Western options, meant that we did not even feel the need to try anything outside of the resort. We must have had their Mie Goreng every day. Complimentary breakfast (Get the croissants with your brekkie! they're fresh baked and delicious) and complimentary afternoon tea are great perks. We arranged to have dinner on our last night in one of the beachfront gazebos. The staff pulled out all the stops to make a romantic dinner for us, and it was awesome.. until a huge thunderstorm rolled in and we had to move back to the restaurant.

Service was amazing. All the staff were polite, friendly, knowlegdeable and just a pleasure to chat with. They knew our names, and addressed us with a cheery greeting throughout our stay. A cute library of books and a moderate DVD collection (complimentary rental) were nice touches, as you could get a movie and stay in if it was raining out. The last thing about JeevaKlui? The resort was maybe at 50% capacity (low-season?) and so it was so nice to not have to line up for a table at the restaurant, or rush out to reserve a beach chair. Everything was just so chill and laid-back. Again, it was perfection.

From here, we took a day trip to the Gili Islands for some snorkelling - it was closeby ! We hired Eko (see forums) and he took us to all three islands. We swam with sea turtles and Eko expertly and gently wrestled a puffer fish out of its hiding spot and put it into our palm ! Underwater! Pretty neat.

We spent 5 amazing nights of our Honeymoon here at Jeevaklui before we moved on to Bali for another 7 nights. We went on to stay at 2 other accomodations in Bali (Ayana @ Jimbaran and Arama Riverside Villas @ Seminyak), both more expensive than JeevaKlui, and our favourite hands down was JeevaKlui.

I would go back in a heartbeat, and next time, I'd stay even longer. Thank you, JeevaKlui for an unforgettable time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jwjw0606
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at Jeeva Klui for our honeymoon. Every staff was very friendly and helpful from start to end. Driver from the resort who picked us up spoke good english and was very enthusiastic telling us abt Lombok. Checking in had no issues and they served refreshing cold ginger tea while waiting to check in. We were immediately brought to our private villa. They knew it was our honeymoon and they sent us a beautiful sliced piece of cake (was soo delicious)

It was unfortunate there was a storm on the first day we arrived and some of the power was out so it was partially dark outside the villa and the WIFI was down because of the heavy rain, so there was nothing for us to do. The staff offered some DVDs to watch and they sent us dinner menu so we could dine on our front villa. The bed was lovely, the shower is outdoor. Our villa was right next to the restaurant's kitchen and sometimes when we were sitting by the pool we could hear voices from there. It makes you wonder if they can hear you too. Just wanted to highlight with a villa, you will have privacy but dont expect any views or soothing sounds from the ocean waves.

Breakfast was good, a few variesties to choose from and the restaurant is right infront of the beach so the view was very pleasant and relaxing. The only thing I would complain about is that there were flies everytime we ate at the restaurant. The public pool is right infront of the restaurant so you would be in full view of the guests eating there. There's also a library next to the restaurant where you can use the internet.

When we wanted to have dinner in Sengigi the hotel arranged for the restaurant people to come to the resort and picked us up which was just great!

Jeeva Klui is the resort to stay if you are looking for a quiet, pleasant and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Pick a private villa for couples - more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mangsit
Qunci Villas Hotel
#2 of 3 in Tanjung
The Lombok Lodge
The Lombok Lodge
#1 of 3 in Tanjung

Been to Jeeva Klui Resort? Share your experiences!