“This Restaurant is now closed”
Review of Kerala Spices - CLOSED

Kerala Spices
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Unfortunately this excellent curry restaurant closed around 6 months ago. We visited it a number of times but it was always surprisingly quiet. The food was very genuine.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

what a wonderful place to eat .the food is fantastic and all cooked fresh .so you may wait a little longer but it is worth the wait.the staff are so poliet and attentive at all times .you feel like you are not just in a restrant in kent but in Kerala india.the dishies are so diffrent to your average tikka and not cooked with loads of oil cut with yoghurts and fresh herbs and spices.thankyou to the staff as they make a great meal all the time.

2  Thank clarebell1988
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We drove past here randomly one day and after traveling to Kerala in April this year, we decided to go here and experience some Keralan food again!

The food was delicious, we decided to have the butter chicken and chicken 65 with lemon rice. Hosts were very friendly and talkative and made us feel welcome. It's great value as well! We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Travelled over from Maidstone to this restaurant. Saturday night, only one car parked in the car park (bad sign) upon arrival, at 8pm. Still, wanting to give it the benefit of the doubt, carried on.

From the road, this looks like a nice venue, as you get closer, the whole place looks like an abandoned cafe - tired outside, as well as inside. Dirty looking carpets, dead atmosphere (only one other couple sat at another table - not good for a Saturday night). Depressing surroundings.

Friendly waiter, showed us to our table. Poppadoms came, SATURATED in oil - you could see it shining on the surface of each one. Ordered 2 starters (nothing to write home about), and 3 different main dishes - each curry was just hot (although not oily) and flavourless. Rice was ok. Didn't bother staying for deserts, and left promptly. Finally, we were overcharged with the bill, and had to bring to their attention.

I hope the manager reads this; the restaurant needs a good lick of paint inside and out and a new chef. Major improvements needed - the fact that it was empty from the outset, spoke volumes!

1  Thank ALAKER444
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have used this place for last three months.They are good on price, delivery and quality of food. I enjoy the Vegetable Korma which I find nice and mild to my taste and my partner enjoys their lamb curry. Priced was compensative. I am very picky when it comes to indian restaurants, but I was very impressed with Kerala spices on my first visit. They do some very unique dishes made with coconut flavour. The one I tried had a very distinct coconut flavour and was very different to any other indian dishes I have had, but it was very tasty indeed. I will be going back to try some of the other dishes. The masaladosa was good too.

2  Thank fernandez p