“Simply the best Indian meal I have ever had.”
Review of Kerala Spices - CLOSED

Kerala Spices
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We received a very friendly reception and fantastic service throughout the meal. The menu is totally different to any I have experienced to date. We were helped through the choices and were allowed to have small portions of lots of different dishes.

I wonderful experience. We are hoping t o go again soon.

3  Thank ABurdge

Reviewed June 18, 2011

The menu is very different to the usual north Indian/Pakistani fare and it was clear the dishes were freshly cooked, beautifully spiced and not swimming in oil and grease as you can often find. The waiter was very helpful in suggesting dishes to try and brought us free nibbles. Dosas were fantastic! The bill came to a beyond reasonable £28 which included three glasses of wine.

2  Thank MrsJouse
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I went here for my birthday and it was just perfect. I have a very strong lactose intolerance which means it is rather awkward going out for a meal anywhere, but they could not have been more helpful. As Kerala specialises in southern-Indian more traditional dishes, they are coconut milk based, which whilst making them healthier than the usual yoghurt based ones, also means I was able to have 90% of the menu.

The menu is not as extensive as the more English style Indian restaurants (large choice of very different starters but about 7 meat based mains and an additional 5 veg options) but we tried 4 of the mains and they were all memorably delicious and so different to anything we ve had before.

One of the starters is sweet thin rice based pancake, which you can dip into the sauces and is very easily shared as it about 22 inches (55cm)!

The staff were happy to explain any of the meals and their background, and volunteered to take photographs of our group outside the front, and even offered to use his professional camera and then send us an email or disc of the pictures!

The food is about average price for any restaurant, was around £15 each for starter, mains and alcoholic drinks.

Very highly recommended, I am planning on going back as soon as possible.

2  Thank OliviaGray
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is one of the South Indian Restaurants that one must visit. The food is very delicious and we had an amazing party organised there.

2  Thank angello6
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Amazing food the only authentic Indian restaurant in the area.we go there every week sometimes twice a week but still enjoy the food every single time .can't recommend it enough

1  Thank CR0807