“Modern, tasteful, and well appointed”

Allansford Hotel Motel
Allansford Hotel Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Allansford
Reviewed April 19, 2012

On arrival, I was Amazed at the thought put into a simple motel room, the decor is up to date and well styled
The layout of the room is great, particularly the fact that the toilet is set away from the bathroom, a great idea, and more motels should look at this concept, also the the room plan allows for a much quieter night, because of the placement of cupboards and rooms

Probably the best motel room I've stayed in

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Guyfinn

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had seen some great reviews of this place and thought I'd give them a try. I travel extensively around the country for work and was looking for somewhere clean, comfortable and friendly. My first stay there was ok although the restaurant at the pub (all the same business) left a lot to be desired. The second time I stayed the food was dreadful, the TV in my room didnt work and staff too busy to assist me and one in particular extremely rude! To make matters worse there was a 21st in the pub and the noise later in the evening was unreasonable. I was booked in there again this week and have cancelled. Never again!

Room Tip: the rooms are all clean and similarly set up.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Claire684
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Looking at TA we picked out the Allansford Hotel Motel based on a few positive reviews. We drove through Allansford and found a sleepy hollow village, which is an amazingly clean suburb of Warrnambool. The HM is attached to the village pub/restaurant and across the street from a corner store. Other than that, Allansford is a small rural town. In order to get closer to the action we decided to drive to past Allansford to Warrnambool to check it out before choosing our hotel. We didn't see the advantage of staying in the very sprawled area of Warrnambool and returned to the Allansford HM.

We found our room to be refurbished motel with lovely furnishings, separate toilet area, modern bathroom/shower and a counterbar and large sitting/bedroom.

The room had a fridge, toaster and coffee service but no plates or cutlerly. Being as it is a motel a microwave, a few dishes and cups would have been useful.

The pub and restaurant staff were very friendly. The on-site restaurant is fantastic and affordable for meals. Selection included steaks, chicken kiev, other dishes complete with an array of veggies, salads and casserales that are available for you to help yourself.

The HM is attached to a public laundry. Nice machines but quite expensive.

The only small issue we had is leaving in the early morning before the pub opens. As we found out when we tried to pay with no staff present, the owners live across the road. We felt badly having to bother them to checkout and pay. I know they are a folksy town but they need to have guests settleup when checking in. We were lucky enough to find a janitor who told us where the owners lived.

Our recommendations for the owners:
- put a mat at the door as those nice new beige carpets will get dirty when it rains
- get a website
- have free wi-fi
- make patrons pay upon arrival

A few issues but highly recommend.
WiFi is for purchase $3/hour.

Room Tip: - pay upon arrival
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Hosta_La_Vista
Reviewed May 23, 2011

On my way to Warnambool had a spot of car trouble - after i got the car going limped into the closest town Allansford. Thinking ive got to get to Warnambool i dont want to stay here the car went bang and i was stuck, no choice but to stay at the Allansford Hotel. I checked in at the bar/reception very frendly bar man / receptionist upon hearing my story gave me the keys said settle in and we will fill out the paper work later, nice chap i said to myself, nice country folk. The motel block is relitivly new plain brick i wasnt expecting much to my suprise the room is the equal of any Motel i have stayed in the week before i was at the Langham this is at least the equal clean, ultra modern, big tv, quiet better than anything i have ever stayed in Warnambool. The food was not bad at all. if your a rep on the road dont stay in the overpriced dated Warnambool Motels head 10 min back up the road. You will be in for a shock. Even has a coin laundry !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank M0WerMaN
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I spent 1 night with my family making the Great Ocean Road trip. The unit was large and bright, Queensize bed and a double pull out sofa for my daughter. She loves the room and bathroom. Beautiful furnishings. Had dinner at the hotel and the food was very good. Service was excellent and the dining room was very busy. We ordered our sweets and asked that it be delivered to our room and it was delivered promptly. I am very pleased with the accommodation and the level of service provided by the staff. Congrats to the owner who has done a fantastic job of refurbishing the rooms. My daughter commented that she could live in the room as it was so big. We stayed in about 3 other hotels/motels during our trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and this motel is the best ever. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank DaffyAustralia
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I have just stayed at the Allansford Hotel/Motel to attend a party nearby,so convenience was the original reason why we chose to stay there.Outside, the motel looks like many others:-undercover verandah linking the rooms, a front door and a window looking onto the carpark spaces.Once inside however we were incredibly surprised to find a large unit with built in robe,desk,fridge/tea,coffee bar ,a queen sized bed with bedside tables,sofa and a round table with 2 well upolstered chairs.It was refreshing to have a crisp white doona cover(as opposed to the dated quilted spreads usually found in motels)superior pillows(4 on the bed ) and colour coordinated cushions,chair coverings etc that gave the room a magazine photo shoot appearance.Upon further investigation we were impressed with the separate toilet room,again a feature I have not come across in this setting.The bathroom is beautiful with a square shaped inset basin and floor/wall tiles that are very tasteful as well as adequate space for personal toilet bags etc.There is attention to catering to possible needs of patrons.An iron and ironing board were standard features which meant I did not have to go out of my way to get them when needed(this is often the case in other establishments) as well as the hairdryer in the bathroom.I really appreciated the biscuits with the tea and coffee,again a rarely found inclusion these days.The motel directory in the room was most informative giving us ideas of what we could have done at the moel and in the area.We had a fabulous dinner in the hotel prior to our engagement and had an excellent
,well priced meal.We particularly appreciated the stated 11.00am check out time which gave us a good chance to recover from the previous night's festivities.I could not more than highly recommend the Allansford Hotel/Motel to anyone who is considering staying in Warrnambool as it is top class,incredibly clean and spacious accommodation and is in a position that is close to all that Warrnambool has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank LeighMelbourne
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Have just returned from a weekend in Warrnambool, staying one night in this hidden treasure, the Allansford Hotel & Motel, after a friend recommended it to us. The motel is approximately one year old, and when you step inside your room, it still smells brand new. We stayed here with five other families, our room being a 2 bedroom 'apartment' (one queen size bed and two singles). It was absolutely gorgeous, from the top quality furniture, to the very comfortable beds and pillows with crisp white linen, the gorgeous kitchen, lounge and bathroom. The whole apartment was spacious. There were electric blankets for each bed, as well as extra pillows and blankets in the wardrobes if they were needed. The whole apartment was very very clean, and it was a motel where you felt that you needed to take your shoes off at the door. However when you stepped inside your room, it didn't feel like a motel, it was far more special. I wish everywhere we stayed at was in the same excellent standard as this one. The owners need to be commended.

(Our friend's rooms had a queen size bed, and pull out double sofa).

I also noticed next to our room, that there was a very large, bright and airy guest laundry, which would be really handy if you were staying awhile.

Next to the motel, is the hotel. We all had dinner there on the Saturday night, and everything from the food, to the very friendly staff was again excellent. Even though our room was only about 100 metres away, we heard no noise at all once we had gone to bed, even though the hotel bistro and front bar was full.

We would definitely stay here again when we travel to Warrnambool. Allansford is only a 5 minute drive away from the CBD, shops, restaurants etc.

Stayed: June 2008
4  Thank TCSSouthAustralia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allansford
Best Western Olde Maritime Motor Inn
#6 of 28 in Warrnambool
Elm Tree Motel
Elm Tree Motel
#3 of 28 in Warrnambool

Been to Allansford Hotel Motel? Share your experiences!