All reviews bay view the caribbean restaurant culinary experience the diamond club lounge martini bar hunter steakhouse travel smart scores bar gourmet marche pool bar silent disco aqua fit fort barrington hunters steak house climbing wall cabana butler air hockey
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a lovely time at the Resort. Service In restaurants ran slow. Has the potential of being a 5* eventually. Caribbean restaurant ran out of Lobster Thursday night. Shout out to Doreen, Tashanie, Shannon for being Attentive to some of the Divas.. We stayed 9/19/2019 thru 9/23/2019

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kellie M
Anu-OCM, Management Team at Royalton Antigua Resort And Spa – All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kellie M,

Thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination and sharing your experience with us.

It is refreshing to know that our hosts made your experience memorable at our beautiful beach-front resort.

Your commendations will be shared with Doreen, Tashanie, and Shannon for the memorable moments they assisted in creating.

Regretfully, some delays in service impacted the holiday we consistently aim to provide and we apologize for this.

You can trust that our aim to provide great experiences will drive the improvements needed to make your next visit memorable.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beautiful location and resort with amazing service by staff members who are truly genuine. The beach is amazing, the resort is clean and many options for good tasting food. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to enjoy a wonderful time in Antigua.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Passport636228

Dear Passport636228,

Thank you for visiting the beautiful island of Antigua and making Royalton Antigua your chosen vacation destination.

Taking the time to share this great experience with us is deeply appreciated.

We are elated to know that you enjoyed the cleanliness and decor of our resort, quality of service, hospitable hosts, scenic beach, and flavorful cuisine.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our hosts as they truly enjoy delivering memorable experiences.

We look forward to your return for an even greater holiday.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The resort is absolutely beautiful and I had a very warm welcome on my arrival. My room wasn't ready upon arrival so I had a nice cocktail in the lobby area. I was hoping to chill there for a bit but I got talking to this guy behind the bar who gave me weird vibes so I left. So far I haven't experienced any of the negative reviews about the flies in the buffet restaurant, black outs, missing wash cloths etc. However, the service at times is extremely slow. Today I was in Score where I ended up waiting over an hour for a philly steak sandwich. At first I didn't realise how long it had been because i was journaling and doing other stuff on my phone,but then I looked up and realised the restaurant was practically empty. That's when I asked how long my food would take and the waitress said they're just waiting on the fries. I assumed the fries were being cooked only to find out that they don't have fries in the kitchen,they were waiting for it to come from another station. I was so annoyed by this because the waitress could've easily given me the option of having the sandwich without the fries instead of leaving me waiting for over an hour. I definitely think the staff need to work on communication. Another place I ate I ordered a coke and the waitress completely forgot about it. On a positive note I love the food in Hunter,the service is prompt and the staff are lovely. The weather has been consistently hot leaving me with a beautiful sunkissed tan.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Wizkidbaby

Dear Wizkidbaby,

Thank you for choosing Royalton Antigua as your chosen vacation destination and sharing your amazing experience with us.

We are elated to know that you enjoyed the decor of the resort, your check-in experience, and the flavorful cuisine, especially in Hunters Steakhouse.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared as we continue to invest in delivering great holidays.

Please accept our apologies for any shortfalls and trust that the quality of service will be improved as we have implemented additional training.

We look forward to your next visit for you to enjoy the entirety of the holiday we provide.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ok. Last night here before we fly home tomorrow after 2 weeks. I wanted to leave a review before I left the group because I appreciated ( most ) of the other reviews left here by other guests.
Let me start by saying my wife and myself enjoyed our stay and are fans of the Royalton chain having been to Jamaica Royalton twice prior to Antigua.
This is my honest opinion, good and bad with no free upgrade ulterior motives
Arrived Sat 7th flying in with Virgin after a 3hr delay. Still, flight ok apart from that. We booked a private transfer which also went smoothly.
Arrived at Royalton around 5pm robe told our room wasn’t ready but we could go to eat or have a drink. Slightly disappointing, especially after 3hr delay.
Anyway, after about a 45min wait we chased our room up at reception and was told it was ready. We were shown to our room which was actually better than we thought it would be. Clean, spacious and a lovely sea/harbour view ( room no 10610 ).
Our first night we walked down to the Grazie Italian restaurant and was told there would be a wait. This was fine as we experienced this in Jamaica Royalton and were given pagers and waited in bar. There wasn’t actually a bar to wait in. We were shown to a makeshift bar area where a couple of table were laid out with bottles of spirits, glasses and two cool boxes with beer & mixers in. It was adequate but not what we expected. No staff there and certainly didn’t feel 5*. That is one of the Royalton Antigua’s main problems. There is no bar at the beach end of the resort where the Caribbean and Grazie restaurants are. On many an occasion the restaurants were backed up with guests wanting to eat but not really anywhere to go whilst waiting. To be fair, if you asked they would get you a drink and there was a settee in the Caribbean to seat a few whilst waiting but certainly not adequate on a few occasions. A few times I saw families get up and walk out after waiting too long for food. So frustrating as other times you were seated quickly and were served lovely food by attentive staff. It’s not the fault of the staff. They are rushed off their feet and I felt a little sorry for them on occasion. This is a staffing problem and management problem. There are only 3 a la cartes here and the Grazie and Caribbean take turns in closing. The Hunters restaurant also closed once while we were here but a waiter told us the manager now has said Hunters is their flagship restaurant and will open every night which is good news.
The drinks I found a little hit and miss. Yes, they occasionally run out of certain drinks and ingredients which I accept but my main issue was inconsistency in drinks. Some were not drinkable as ridiculously strong, others were served with flat tonic or coke. However, drinks at the pool bar we found pretty good most of the time, especially the BBC’s, mudslides and Dirty Bananas. Some said the wait at pool bar was bad but we never had a problem getting served quickly nearly all the time.
The pools and beach are amazing. Some days the music by the pool can get noisy and there isn’t really a quiet area but you can always go to the beach for some peace.
The cabanas are amazing and we took advantage of the resort credit tokens and only paid $70 instead of the usual $95. The bar staff are very attentive and the food is good. You get your own plunge pool/jacuzzi and flat screen TV. Well worth it in my opinion.
Mosquitos were not an issue with us, maybe just lucky.
The buffet restaurant was pretty good although if you don’t get it fresh it can get lukewarm at best. Good choice and quality though. A few times we were not served any coffee or drinks though so you may have to ask.
Hunters steak restaurant offers superb food but again, service very hot and miss. At least the Scores sports bar is only next door though. Our worst experience was actually tonight. We were seated at 20:20 and finished our main at 22:20. I had to get my own drinks from the Scores bar and bring them back to our table. Not good and certainly not 5*. There was a huge booking of around 130 ladies from the US today though which seems to have put all restaurants and bars under a little pressure.
The staff are all very friendly and seem genuinely keen to offer good service which is all the more frustrating when you see them run off their feet and getting frustrated attempting to please other frustrated guests. The problem is not enough staff, simple.
The gym is pretty impressive and fitness staff very knowledgeable and hardworking. The Scoops coffee bar is lovely and offer various coffees, cakes, snacks and ice cream up til 10pm.
Why are the pool queues locked away for the evening ? Wanted to play a few times but not able.
That is another small issue, you can’t get a coffee after 10pm unless you specifically ask for coffee making ingredients for your room.
The entertainment in the lobby area is of a fairly decent standard although the stage area doesn’t seem to be utilised and the layout of the lobby means you may not get to see the entertainment although you will certainly hear it. I know Virgin and Royalton list their choice of bars as a lobby bar and Martini Mix bar. This is false, they are one and the same bar.
Don’t miss the “silent disco” nights as these were very entertaining.
Trips, you can book through your tour operator, Nexus at the hotel or a guy named Eddie on the beach. We used Eddie and all trips were ok although J found Shirley Heights a little underwhelming. Great for first hour or two but most trips offered are 4pm pickup and leave there 8pm at the earliest. It’s a little like Ricks Cafe ( Jamaica ) without the diving ( if you’ve been ).
We also done a tour by SUV which was very good, Nelson’s Dock etc which was great and a catamaran cruise which was also fantastic.
There is a good kids splash pool but it’s not really near the beach or main pool. There is also a teens hangout where no teens appear to hangout
Sorry if you feel my review seems negative but it is my honest opinion and I only bothered to write it because I want Royalton to try to fix the niggles. 6 out of 14 days our minibar wasn’t filled. Again, not a major issue but lots of these little niggles mount up.
Sorry for the long post and we really did enjoy our time here. I hope I haven’t put anyone off and I hope the hotel continues to improve.
I will remain part of this group for another 48hrs or so in case anyone wants any more info.
Thanks for reading.

5  Thank Maurice O

Dear Maurice O,

It is refreshing to know that the beauty and design of the resort were as stunning as we hoped it would be.

We thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room, cocktails at the pool bar, the luxurious Cabanas and pools which overlook the scenic beach, palatable cuisine, hospitable hosts,

Regretfully, the inconveniences you encountered was not the vacation we wished for you to have and apologize.

You will be pleased to know that coffee is available 24/7 as the room service team takeover from the Cafe.

Additionally, the pool cue isn't locked away but managed by our hosts to ensure best practices after hours.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to have you back with us in the future, providing the experience you played a part in tailoring.

Royalton Antigua,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks beginning off September, staff very good so helpful and cheerful. Food very good but found you had to go out 6-30ish to eat to beat the rush, but not a problem for me. Beach unreal and weather was very good. Only fault i had is a bit noisy round the pool area, with pool activity and quizzes foam party’s water polo and loud music blearing out. But apart from that very good holiday and would recommend

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank alfiebailey08

Dear alfiebailey08,

Thank you for making Royalton Antigua your vacation destination and sharing your amazing experience with us.

We are pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of our hosts, the flavorful cuisine in our Restaurants, and the captivating beauty of the resort.

Your commendations are appreciated and will be shared with our hosts as they take pride in providing memorable holidays.

We are sorry to hear that some segments of the entertainment at the pool was not to your particular taste and will continue to develop these activities to suit our guests.

Our desire to consistently deliver memories of a lifetime will ensure that your next holiday with is, is beyond expectations.