Galley Bay Resort & Spa
$187
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
$1,200
Official Site
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
$180
$230
$144
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)(Great Value!)
$220
HotelQuickly
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
$215
$194
$152
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
COCOS Hotel Antigua(Jolly Harbour)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,454 results
All reviewssea grapebarefoot grillcaptain seanteepee bargaugin restaurantbeach frontpremium suiterocking chairsbanana slideguest servicessuperior beachfrontred flagdouble showerour honeymoonrum punchplunge poolbird sanctuary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is by far the best hotel we have ever been to, and we go away very frequently! We are aged 20 and 24 and found that there were some other younger people there, although we were probably the youngest.

We had a premium beachfront suite which was amazing, the bath was huge and it was great having a balcony to be able to look out to the sea. We would definately recommend this room type.We had a bottle of champagne on our arrival which was great, and also on the day of my birthday we received another bottle which was even better!

My biggest problem when I go away is the food, I am vegetarian but also extremely fussy so going away is always a bit of a worry! When I arrived I told reception and they arranged for me to meet the chef, Andrew. When we had our meeting he was unbeliveably helpful! He took a list of everything that I could and couldn't eat and every day he made me separate meals that were absolutely perfect! So if anyone does have any dietary problem, please don't be put off by this hotel. They are so accomodating!

We booked two tours while we were there. One was the circumnavigation tour which takes you on a catamaran around the island and you stop off on green island, which has a lovely little beach, where you can do some snorkeling or just relax on the beach. They also serve a really nice lunch and lots of alcohol! I would really recommend this trip for anyone, however make sure you take lots of suncream with you as we both got very burnt that day!

The second tour we booked was to the St Johns shopping area in heritage quay. Although we enjoyed the trip as we went to the casino and the bars, the shopping area is very very expensive. It is mostly very expensive jewellery shops. One shop was trying to sell me some tiny little diamond studs for £1000!! However, there were a few little souveneir shops that we managed to buy some nice little things from. If you are expecting to go to a shopping mall then do not book this trip!

It seems like this this hotel has thought of absolutely everything! The pool area is perfect, the sun loungers have a small table where you can leave drinks and books and have a proper cushion on them, all these little things help to make the holiday even more perfect. The beach was amazing and a really long stretch to take a nice walk along. There was a little tap to wash your feet off on all the pathways that take you from the beach, which is really good when you're not a sand lover! All the paths were always clean and each and every member of staff will greet you as they walk past, they all seem very friendly. One particular staff member I would point out is Stuart in the restaurant, he always remembered us and was so lovely! The hotel itself is massive, it took us about 10 minutes just to walk from our room to the gaugain restaurant at the other end! When you arrive you get into a little golf buggy that drives you to your room which I thought was a really nice touch! There is a really nice lake near the entrance which we walked around and saw lots of different birds.

I would also recommend eating at the gaugain restaurant, the setting is beautiful. Each couple has their own area with a table under a parasol right on the beachfront.

If I were going to Antigua again, I would not stay anywhere else but Galley Bay. Thank you for such a perfect holiday!

Room Tip: I would 100% recommend the premium beachfront suite.
1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our second stay at Galley Bay this year. The management I must say is second to none. Paolo, Cedric and James strive to make sure your stay will be one the get you relaxed and pampered. All the staff are friendly and relatively quick to offer food or drink service. The location is very good as you are located very close to St.Johns for shopping or sightseeing trips. The grounds are always kept quite well manicured/maintained. On both stays I have never had any real issues with anything. Beach is very good and never crowded ( 8 people on the beach at once is the most I've seen). I highly recommend Galley Bay for your next vacation.
I look forward to my next visit which hopefully will be soon.

Tim Bechard

Room Tip: I prefer the more rustic cottage but for those who want luxury try the beachfront room
2  Thank tim b
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This would have been a review of the Cocabay-Resort and Spa which is about 20 minutes away from Galley Bay. However due to a monumental c**k up between our travel agent, the holiday wholesaler (middle man) and the hotel which didn't come to light until about 4 days before we were due to fly out, my partner and I ended up at with an upgrade to the Galley Bay resort and Spa. We arrived at the resort a touch of disillusionment and sceptical as to what this 'upgrage' would actually be. The offer of an ice-cold towel and two glasses of decent champagne went someway to lifting our spirits.

We stayed in a 2nd floor Deluxe Beachfront room. The bed was huge, with ample space for our clothes and yes more than enough hangers ( my partner loved the walk-in closet). The his and hers sinks were a nice touch as was the walk in shower. Open the door and there was the Carribean Ocean in all it's glory, little more than 10 yards away. The resort has 3 restaurants. The Seagrape is lovely, but the Gaughan is more secluded and you have to book on the day if you want to eat here for dinner. The Ismay is not included and has a cover charge of $35 per head if you would like to eat there, but they do give you a seven course meal and some very fine wines or champagnes if you like that sort of thing. The staff are truly wonderful, I know it's their job to make you feel welcome and comfortable, but the vast majority do it so well, yes there are one or two surly ones, but hey they could have been having a bad day! You can do as little or as much as you want in terms of excursions. There is a catamaran that will take you on the tour of the island as well as snorkeling. There is also a trip to the nearby pink sands of the island Barbuda which you do. In case you didn't know all the beaches in Antigua are public so yes, you will be approached by a hawker or two. To be honest once you said 'no thank you' they tended to leave you alone. We arranged to trips through the hotel, one to the fantastic 'Shirley Heights' which is basically a bar-b-cue held on Sunday afternoon with fantastic views of the harbour and a great sunset, not to forget quite possibly the best steel band I have ever heard. The other trip was to Stingray City with the chance to swim and interact with quite large stingrays. They are relatively tame, but hey they sting when annoyed so be careful!! Overall after the initial disappointment of not getting the original hotel that we booked, we both left the Galley Bay more than happy. If you want an all night 'jump up' shaking your booty and drinking rum till six in the morning, this hotel isn't for you. If you want a quiet, relaxing, quality resort where little things seem to make the difference, I would recommend the Galley Bay every time. You will note that with the ratings I gave everything a five apart from the cleanliness. This was probably the only downside to our holiday. This is because we did have an issue with flies and the odd cockroach. Thankfully the resort supplies each room with a can of fly spray and also 'fogs' the resorts at least 3 times a week. Still it is the tropics...

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor deluxe beachfront No 50 right next door to the restaurant so not far to walk. Would definitely ask for a 2nd floor room if you can.
2  Thank BBOYLES1
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here for a week recently during Tropical storm Rafael. Despite 2-3 days of rain it was awesome. We got in here half price with Conde Naste Travellers deal, first time to Antigua for us. Included private cab transfers, $200 spa credit and tennis lessons. The resort staff are amazing, very attentive and friendly. The room we had was awesome, a beach front 2nd level suite with a great view. It had the largest bathroom I ever saw(almost wasted space) with double showers and sinks. The grounds were beautiful and the walk around the lagoons worth it. The pool had natural stone and waterfalls, never seemed too busy. Three restaurants, all very good(one is extra $) and a newer beach side grill with some tasty sandwiches. The main bar and teepee bar both had great staff however there is no music unless a band is playing in the evening. The bands ranged from background music to very lively with everyone up dancing. The place is small, likely under 90 rooms. The spa was great, the beach is beautiful but beware the surf and waves can toss you around and its over your head before you know it. Snorkling was poor given the weather churning things up but the rock reefs at the right edge of the beach had some great fish and there's always a boat bound excursion available from the resort or 2-3 guys selling on the beach. Vendors are plentiful on the beach so beware. The food was very good, only one tough steak. We did St. JOHN'S one day, lots of cabs out front. It was worth it, great duty free shopping, lots of people, the old cathedral on the hill is being renovated. Sunday night at Shirley Heights was fun as well..music & food, even in the rain. Met some great folks from Nashville, Detroit and the UK. This place is a class act, a few minor changes and certainly worth a 5 star rating. you can feed the birds out of your hand if you like, its also a bird sanctuary. Bar has some high end drinks included Gran marnier, B&B, JW Black ect.

Room Tip: go for the deluxe ocean front suite...awesome
5  Thank andypegonthego
Reviewed October 26, 2012

You can probably guess by the title that I've been to Galley Bay before. I have actually submitted reviews before.
My wife and I really love Antigua and Galley Bay especially.
There have been a few, minor, changes since our last visit. There is a beach front grill which we didn't use and, I understand, that there is a more comprehensive wifi coverage (I'm sure that there are other new things that I've forgotten). They were extending the gym when we were there.
We always stay in a Gauguin Cottage because we like the privacy and the plunge pool. The cottages are two small rooms; one room for sleeping is air conditioned, the other containing the toilet and shower is not. I mention this because I know it comes as a surprise to some people (despite it being well represented in every brochure and website I've seen). The cottages are away from the beach too.
The dress code for the restaurants is enforced. Make sure that your shirts have collars Gents.
We went out of season, September. Not everything in Antigua is open or running in September. The boat that goes to Barbuda was in dry dock, for example.
If you're from the UK, beware that your mobile phone may not work. You need to check with your provider. My phone worked but my wife's didn't.
If you want a action packed, singing and dancing until the early hours holiday then, I suggest, that Galley Bay is not for you. If however you want a relaxing break then you can't go too far wrong with Galley Bay.

Room Tip: The cottages are nice if you want privacy but are away from the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple