“Lovely country retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thompson
College Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Thompson B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had a really great time. Katherine made our stay really wonderful. Felt like a home away from home... She really made us feel welcome and the house is absolutely beautiful. The breakfast was a proper full English and the afternoon tea was a real treat. We would definitely come again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K C
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It is always nice to get such positive feedback and know that people enjoy staying here as much as I enjoying having them to stay. I hope you will come again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have to declare this is my 3rd visit to Collage farm ( and that says a lot ) Katherine and Richard are without any question the best hosts as others have said, they make you feel part of the place rather than a visitor. The breakfasts well they set you up for the whole day ,home made good old Full English ++++++++++ lots more The house is one of the oldest houses around and has history coming out of every brick .If anyone is on a visit to Norfolk from anywhere in the world they only have themselves to blame IF they miss this wonderful gem of a place .My thanks to Katherine for a great weekend .

Room Tip: flip a coin you can't loose
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gwyn B
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you Gwyn for your fantastic review. It was lovely to see you & all the others for the Rally and I look forward to seeing you again next year with our brand new bathrooms.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Katharine is a fantastic host. Very attentive, she made us feel like we're visiting relatives instead of just guests. Hard to find a B&B that hasn't been gutted and re-furbed to be 'modern' these days, glad she hasn't done so with her property. As for the food, the full English breakfast included some tasty bacon from the local farm, portions are huge, afternoon tea cakes were delicious too. The rooms are warm enough, plenty of hot water in our cute en-suite mini-tub (we stayed in the double room with the wood panelling wall). The only slight criticism is how thin the walls are, and the floors creaked quite loudly as it is an old house. Light sleepers and loud snorers/talkers be warned! Would definitely come back again, really loved it!

Room Tip: Any rooms should be good, but perhaps choose one that's not across the shared toilet/shower fo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Red_Notebook_1
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed having you to say and hope you will come again. We are about to make all the rooms en suite so the problem of being opposite the shared WC/shower will no longer apply and all the rooms will then be completely private. Sadly we can't do anything about the floorboards as they are over 500 years old!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

During a recent trip to explore Norfolk I originally simply chose this as it was convenient for my first nights location. It turned out to be a wonderful find and a place I would heartily recommend to anyone visiting this lovely area.
The hostess, Katherine, was very welcoming and attentive even though she had a large evening party in residence. I had a lovely room and it was perfect for my needs.

After a sound sleep I was treated to a wonderful and extensive breakfast in an absolutely charmng dining room. The quality of the surroundings and the breakfast was suplemented by a wonderful view including deer grazing on the lawn.
I can't speak highly enough of the hostess' kindness and manner complimented by a beautiful house.
A place to which I will look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Shaun M
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be able to come again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas whilst visiting family in the area. Lovely B+B in a gorgeous house. Katharine is very warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.

For £40 a night it's value that cannot be beaten in the area. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will come again

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I found this to be a very old building with a lot of character, sloping creaky floors etc!
Katharine made me a cup of coffee after I arrived and she told me that I could raid the fridge during the night if I needed to.
I don't normally feel the cold, but even with the heating on, the room was cold all night. The room was very quiet as you would expect in the middle of the countryside.
In the morning when I came down to breakfast, there was a log fire burning in the dining room, which was very welcome.
In all a fairly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Katharine W, Owner at College Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry you were cold in the night. I wish you had asked me for another blanket, hot water bottle or electric heater, all of which I would have happily provided you with. There was also an electric blanked on the bed to keep you warm. I hope you will come again and I can make your next stay a bit warmer.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Katharine was very welcoming on our late arrival, which had involved a long drive on a Friday night. The farmhouse is in a quiet location and, also, very quiet and peaceful inside. A good night's sleep was had in comfortable beds and a delicious full English breakfast, tailored to our needs, to wake up to. I'd definitely stay here again if visiting the area again as it was very convenient for going to Norwich the next day.

Room Tip: Not all rooms had en suites, but do have a private bathroom, so you may want to check if that is som...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are undertaking a major refurbishment programme this year so that all rooms will have modern, en suite bathrooms. I hope you will be able to come and stay again and see what we have done.

Been to College Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!