“If Carlsberg did Guest Houses!”

Orchard House Guest House
Orchard House Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 West Wick B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Lovely rooms, friendly owner, lots of nice little touches (free bottle of local cider to try-damn good as well) and an outstanding breakfast comprised of fresh fresh fruit and the full English ranks alongside the best I have ever eaten. Room decor was top notch and great value for money. Only complaint would be that I would prefer the Grove to be on the South Coast where I visit more often. No hesitation in recommending - I will return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Orchard House Guest House

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Picked in a last minute rush for a spontaneous break, got lucky & hit gold. Myself, wife & 4 month old daughter were warmly welcomed & catered for from start to finish. The thoughtful extras added so much. Cake on arrival, a box of Thorntons chocolates in the room, as we were staying over valentines day, a can of Thatchers cider appeared in the rooms fridge each day & a jug of fresh milk for tea/coffee as opposed to those horrible tasting UHT pots & also small bowl of fruit. Stayed in the luxury room which was huge & had everything & more than we required, a very comfortable bed, large screen TV, DVD player, microwave & air-con. But, & I'd say it's a 'big' but, in fact I'd say two metres in diameter, the jacuzzi bath is the main event & a first for me in my fifty years on this planet, it easily accommodated all three of us at the same time! Add that to the great hosting & breakfast, I don't think you could ask for anything more but if you did I think Robin & Lorianne would try their best to accommodate you.

Room Tip: Go for the 'Luxury room'.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just stayed at Orchard House with my husband and young daughter and it was an excellent place to stay. The cleanliness was impecable. The family room was huge and as for the jacuzzi bath - it was amazing! A lot of time and effort has been taken into making sure that you have a really nice stay and we really felt we could relax. I do not think I have stayed anywhere where so much was provided in the room - everyhting had been thought of. The cooked breakfast was delicious. Covenient location as not far from the motor-way. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Family room very spacious - with air conditioning which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carole S
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Back in May, we stayed at this wonderful B&B whilst visiting local friends for a birthday celebration.

Wow, we had an excellent stay.
The three of us were in the family room - which was absolutely HUGE.
There was everything you could possibly want - lots of magazines, fresh flowers, bowl of fruit, cider, water, variety of hot drinks, fresh milk (so much nicer than the usual fiddly pots),
luxury Villeroy & Boch china etc. There was even a microwave oven, plates & cutlery if you want to heat up a takeaway/snack & cuddly teddies :)

The 3 piece suite was very comfy - it was lovely to relax in a cosy chair with a coffee.
Yes, a 3 piece suite... I did say the room was HUGE!

The aircon unit was great. The bed was enormous and so comfortable.
The jacuzzi was bliss. (For the less mobile - there's a shower cubicle)

We had a fabulous stay - thanks again for your hospitality.
We shall certainly return when in the area again.
I

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Oh my god where do you start!!!!!' we was welcomed by robin shown to lounge asked if we would like tea or coffee which was nice . After drink was shown to room oh my god what a room the bathroom was so great a jacuzzi bath and what a bath 6 foot around it was lovely to relax in its a must a shower on its own and everything you need bubble bath shampoo cotton buds and cotton wool shower gel . In room coffee tea hot choc and two fridge a bottle of water and thatchers cider and fresh milk . Cd player DVD player air con a safe hair dyer iron and ironing board . The room was so great my hubby was working near by do I relaxed in room which was great . Breakfast was amazing everything was there cereal fresh fruit and cooked breakfast how you wanted even duck eggs which I had never had before which was nice thanks robin !!! He made everything great a great host a lovely place special touchs all we can say is 5 star and more thank you robin the woods

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the orchard house for 2 nites for my girlfriends birthday and what a place it is, not only is robin a gd host but the master bedroom is out of this world a very large bed a huge Jacuzzi bath and everything you can wish for, would recommend the orchard house to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed February 20, 2012

One of the best places I have every stayed & I have stayed over the years in some very good hotels in the UK & Europe. This beats the quality of some so called top hotels in the Uk/Europe.

Stayed here for seven weeks, when I started a new job in Bristol. Easy to travel via train into Bristol from here.

Robin and Lorraine, were very welcoming and from the start I was told to treat the house as my own. The house is immaculately clean and tidy.

Would I recommend? Absolutely.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Best Western The Webbington Hotel and Spa
The Engine Shed
The Engine Shed
#1 of 1 in St Georges

Been to Orchard House Guest House? Share your experiences!