“One nights stay at Rookery Manor” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rookery Manor

Rookery Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edingworth
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“One nights stay at Rookery Manor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a treat from my 3 children for my sixtyth birthday. Which included a massage for my girlfriend and myself. One comment is that the hotel and massage facility do not always communicate properly. I phoned up to see what time we could check in 2pm was the reply.
So we planed to get to the Hotel at 1pm wrong we were comming through Bristol and we received a phone call my massage was at 12.40pm. Not really a problem they were very good and rearranged my massage. But we did not know that you could use the facilities from 10am on the day you book in.
The Spa facility was excellent the staff were very pleasent and accomadating my girl friend was a bit under the weather after the journey but the staff rearranged her massage to the next day.
We enjoyed the stay the accomadation was nice, clean and warm our stay was in February.
The meals were good and value you for money but a bit short on choice.
The Hotel could do with a lounge area as MrPhil commented on, we retreated to our room early but if an area was available we dont think we would have.We were only there one night we thoroughly enjoyed the experiance thanks kids and a big thank you to all the staff.
PS Look for a good deal if not through the Hotel try the Spa facility.

Room Tip: Best time to go is out of season, more chance of using the facilities. We were lucky we had a room...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is clean and functional but suffers from being neither a 'destination' venue or a travellers hotel. There is no focal point to the hotel; there is no warm or inviting bar area to relax before or after a meal. Most of the rooms are in blocks in the grounds and some( the deluxe rooms) require a walk( which is across the car park and during the winter or when its raining is not good ) to the bistro restaurant which has a small bar serving a waiting area; but isnt somewhere to sit and relax.
The food in the restaurant is limited ( a bit like pub food) but well cooked. Ok for a one night stay on route to somewhere but it's position(5/6 miles from the nearest motorway junction) doesn't encourage this. Overall it lacks character and warmth and has the feel of travellers hotel( certainly not a boutique hotel as it claims) but more pricey than the chains and not worth the extra.

Room Tip: Unless you enjoy walking through a car park to get to reception or the restaurant avoid the deluxe r...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MrPhil1973
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked a couple of days away at the Hotel and Spa as a Valentines Treat for my girlfriend and I! We had the best time at Rookery Manor and were able to completely relax and enjoy our whole stay here!

We arrived on Valentines Day morning, and following a brief sign in process and ordering of a Spa Lunch we were ready for our treatment! I had a full body massage which was amazing and so relaxing, my girlfriend had a Back, Neck and Shoulders massage and a mini facial! She said that this was lovely too! After this we were welcome to use all of the spa facilities for the whole day! Contrary to what others have commented, although the spa is small, it is not too small! The Spa ensure that there are not too many people booked in at a time and therefore there is always something to do in the Spa. The hydro-pool and sauna were great, and the hot tub was lovely outdoors with the absence of rain for the 2 days that we were there!

After we had a nice Spa Lunch (paninis and a salad) we were able to check into our hotel room. We were very pleased with it, it was spacious with a lovely big bed and a balcony too! The lighting was great and there was also mood lighting which was nice to relax to! With the Valentines package we received a bottle of champagne too, which was on ice in the room on arrival, perfect!

After a relaxing afternoon in the Spa and in our room we made our way down to dinner, there was a single red rose waiting on the table for my girlfriend as we walked in and she was chuffed with it! There was a special Valentines Menu, which was amazing! I had the Poached Duck Egg, Bacon and Black Pudding Salad for a starter, a lovely steak for my main and a delicious lemon tart for dessert!

Breakfast in the morning was simple and to the point, there was plenty of choice and we were able to amble down when we fancied really! We were able to use the facilities following breakfast too which was nice to leave feeling all relaxed having been in the hot tub directly prior to leaving!

Overall, a really great stay, would recommend to anybody, and would love to return at some point!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a wedding in july 11 (but trip advisor wont let me put the date in right!)-would never go again if you paid me!
Wedding was lovely but the food was nothing to write home about...i had a meal with rice and they re-heated it because i was away from the table when they served it.
the reason i was away was my daughter had wet herself in the lobby so i asked a staff member if they had something i could mop it up with. they gave me a serving cloth (probably the least absorbant thing they could have given me!) when i asked for another cloth i was huffed at and then they managed to find some tissue and offered to take over so i could return to my re-heated lunch!
Our room was not worth the money...have stayed in better decorated travelodges! Had a family room where the single bed was downstairs near the door and bathroom-consequently my partner slept there and our daughter upstairs with me.
The shower cubicle seemed tiny and the shower height couldnt be adjusted so just went over my head!
Breakfast was chaotic! Waiters were trying to bring hot food out of the kitchen door in front of which people were queuing. when we got served i got huffed at when i asked if there was a veggie option. i didnt get an answer as the waiter just served the person behind me!!
One of the worst places i have ever stayed!!!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank doeysma
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spend two days here when we invited to a family wedding. found all the staff to be very helpful and the place was clean and tidy and had all the facillitys that you would like when staying away from home. Great to have the use of the pool and the sauna was a very good way to relax after the travel up. would come back here if we were in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The poor service and untrained staff. I had my suitcase misplaced at the airport on my arrival, I have called 3 times the hotel to make sure they will be able to take it on my behalf. I even asked them to write a note to make sure everyone at reception will know about it. It was very important as inside was my bridesmaid goan and the bridal underskirt for my best friend. Well the suitcase arrived but when I called they've told me twice that no one has delivered a suitcase.. And the suitcase was in the bridal shop!!! This is appaling I could have had all our stuff the day before the wedding... Not even an apology. They just said why the carrier delivered it to the shop??? Well it is at the same venue and the shop had called reception to say they had a suitcase but none was bothered!!!

Room Tip: don't go there to organise your party or a wedding. they ar not qualified enough to accomodate a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Myriam D
RookeryManor, Owner at Rookery Manor, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Myriam
Many thanks for drawing our attention to this unfortunate series of events. We pride ourselves on providing a first-class service for all our hotel guests and apologise for any inconvenience caused by the mix-up over your luggage. Please be assured that we have taken steps to ensure this cannot happen again.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Rookery Spa was such an amazing day for us. I went with my daughter and we have previously done a number of spa days together, but agreed that this was lovely from the start. The welcome from the manger Rebekah was so nice, you didn't feel uneasy at all and were made to feel so comfortable and all of our requests were dealt with promptly by a fantastic group of girls.

The spa is slightly small but quaint and had a lovely clean hydro pool, hot tub and sauna, but our favourite was the pool. We both had back massages and I must say personally my treatment was quite easily the best I have had, I can't remember the therapist name but she was very nice and considerate.

The food was nice, and there was enough to see us through the day.

I would defiantly go back and would recommended it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edingworth
Beachlands Hotel
Beachlands Hotel
#4 of 29 in Weston super Mare
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#6 of 29 in Weston super Mare
Cabot Court Hotel
Cabot Court Hotel
#3 of 29 in Weston super Mare
BEST WESTERN Webbington Hotel and Spa

Been to Rookery Manor? Share your experiences!