“Christmas Meal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lympsham
Batch Country House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lympsham
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed with my partner for my works Christmas meal on on 21st December. The food and service was very good. there was a great disco and a casino, but I did not go on the casino. We stayed on a ground floor room which was a very good standard, although slightly hot so I had to adjust the radiator. There was a good atmosphere and we hop to return again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our daughter's wedding was held at Batch Country House on 30/12/13 - it was a wonderful day. The wedding ceremony room was beautifully decorated and very romantic and the wedding breakfast was excellent, all went well with no hitches with many thanks to the friendly staff and of course James who ensured that everything went smoothly. A number of us also stayed overnight - the accommodation was very good and the room was 4 star with a comfortable bed, lovely decor and bathroom as well as tea making facilities. Would recommend Batch Country House to anyone looking for an ideal wedding/party venue.

Room Tip: We stayed in the superior room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

From our first meeting almost 14 months ago in 2012 until our actual wedding day on December 20th 2013, James, Anna and there staff were so helpful and understanding in giving us what we wanted for our big day.

Firstly they had no problem in us bringing our dog down for a few pics with us, which was a big thing for us. We also wanted to add a couple personal local touches of 'Sheppys cider' to accompany our wine on the tables to give an extra local feeling especially for some guests not being from around Somerset (which they loved) we also added some glastonbury 'Burns the bread' pasties to our evening cheeseboard which gave another personal touch due to family reasons. All these things they were brilliant with and either supplied or helped us with.

The day itself ran like a dream. Everything was in place from there side, we took most rooms at the venue and some the night before. The rooms were just stunning actually, especially the bridal suite wow! The venue rooms, from the somerset suite for our ceremony, the garden room for drinks to the ivory suite for our wedding breakfast/evening reception were beautiful and we used them all.

James himself ran the master of ceremonies excellently for us. We personally decided to do our speeches before the food, this was to allow us lucky ones with the speeches to relax and enjoy our food after instead of being so nervous before. Again the kitchen worked around us and our speeches. On the food itself, we had heard great things and yet again the food was perfect over the two days from the pre night meal, breakfast two days, nibbles and wedding breakfast, (advice, the trio of desserts are so good) It was all to a great standard and presented well.

For others reading this and want some advice on local entertainment. I must say the entertainment was a personal choice on research as it's something so important. Our DJ's DD (dirty disco) supplied music all afternoon & late on (as James allowed them to set up the day before) as the rooms wasn't being used. We also used there lights to give us an ice blue background behind the top table curtain which gave a snow/winter feel to the atmosphere. Our evening band were a local, young and upcoming outfit 'pub band' but like they said 'wedding band' for our night, who were so professional and again had everyone dancing from our first dance onwards playing all modern & classics songs. DD then ended things until late on. Both were reasonable compared to some prices we were quoted.
The bar prices are very your normal prices these days, not over the top at all and offered a huge variety of different drinks, including ale, which was appreciated by many.

We couldn't fault a thing really. It was something that took over a year of planning on our side and James and his staff delivered from there side to all requests and making sure the venue was ready to host our special day. We got married on the Friday before Christmas and since our guests, family and us have been on a such a high from the day and still talking about it.

Weddings themselves aren't cheap anymore and we were unsure about the money involved for one day, but when you look back on the day and the way it went, to this high standard. It makes it all worth worthwhile as we will never forget such an incredible day.

Thank you James, Anna and all your wonderful kind staff.

Jamie & Nicky

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I went with my family for our Christmas meal on Saturday 21st December, and all I can say is the dinner was diabolical. All three courses arrived in dribs and drabs. Our main course vegetables arrived ahead of the meat and were stone cold by the time the plates of meat arrived, the roast potatoes were like bricks and very sparse. The staff were not friendly and no one was at all bothered if we were happy or not. I have been to Batch several times for this Christmas meal and in all honesty the best part is the dessert...........as it's cold anyway. If they can cater for weddings surely a Christmas meal should be easy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Happytobehere_8
james b, Owner at Batch Country House, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

On Saturday 21st December we had one of our successful Christmas Party nights. We served twelve different groups of people at the same time for dinner in our Ivory Suite. This totalled 238 people. The meal was made by our regular chefs, and our all our staff were attentive as normal. I was supervising the room until 1am. We had no complaints at all on the evening. There were many complements were given regarding the food, service and entertainment as people departed.

On receiving this review we were all shocked. I contacted the reviewer to ask for more details about which party they were with, so I could investigate the matter. No reply was given.

I therefore decided to personally contact each of the groups that attended and asked if they enjoyed the event, if they had any feedback to give us, and whether and would like to receive our brochures for 2014’s Christmas party nights. Every group was very positive about the food, entertainment and service. They all wanted to receive the menus for 2014’s Christmas Party events when they were ready.

If the food and service was diabolical for 240 people there would have been complaints on the night or the day after. There were none. All the parties were contacted, and they were very happy.

I leave people to draw there own conclusions.

Yours sincerely
James & Anna Brown
Proprietors
Batch Country House

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had our wedding and reception at the batch and it was fantastic from start to finish the day went without a hitch friendly staff and the service was perfect they could not do enough for us and our guests James and staff THANKYOU you made our day

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Visited with my partner for his office party. Neither of us had been there before. Booked a room and breakfast for overnight stay.
Hotel is very nice. Out in the country but not far from the sea - Weston super mare, Brean etc. They had a number of large rooms so guess they do a lot of events - weddings etc. The food at the party was very good for a large catered event and the room itself lovely - looked like a huge marquee with chandeliers from the inside.
Our room was huge with a king size bed and it had a wet room rather than a bath/shower. We think it was probably a room normally used for disabled guests but it was a good room and we were happy with it for one night but for longer I do like a bath (room 103 - between 11 and 12). Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Overlooked the car park but didn't matter for overnight stay. Only complaint (and others who stayed said the same) was that it was too hot in the room - even though we turned the heating off.
There were also a number of small rooms too with bars or just comfy chairs and tables.
We didn't explore but gardens looked lovely and there was plenty of parking,
Breakfast was excellent. Cereals, fruit and juices to help yourself from buffet table along with bread/toast. I would have liked grapefruit juice (should have asked as they probably had it). Hot food cooked to order and was really good - we had poached eggs and bacon but could see others who had the full english and it was a massive plate!
All in all it was a good stay and we would visit again.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a room with a bath. Also if you want a view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynda C
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We are a little late in reviewing this amazing place but I think it's because we are still on a high from our wedding day which took place on 27th September!

We filled the rooms both the night before and the night of the wedding as my family had travelled down from the northeast. From the moment we all arrived to the morning after the wedding it was absolutely PERFECT. I cannot say enough and for me words cannot describe how wonderful and accommodating James, Anna and all the staff were.

As I also stayed the night before it was so lovely as all I had to do was put all my favours, table plan, table decorations etc, etc. in the reception room the night before then everything and every fine detail was taken care of. These guys know what they are doing, so leave it to the experts!! I didn't have to worry at all, all we had to do was enjoy our fabulous meal with family and friends and get the celebrations off to a fine start, again....perfect!

Our wedding day was absolutely amazing, like I said previous, we are still on a high 2 months on and I really believe that this is down these guys helping to make our day go so smoothly.

Alll I can say is, if you are looking for a wedding venue, then you've found your place. You won't regret it.

We had the Somerset suite for our ceremony and the ivory suite for the wedding breakfast and evening. Canapes were delicious and every single guest commented how gorgeous they were. The sun was shining and the grouds were so beautiful.

All meals from checking in to checking out were gorgeous, standard, presentation the works!

Rooms, well everyone loved their room and we loved the bridal suite.

A huge thanks to you all.

Clair & John

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dursty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lympsham
Cabot Court Hotel
#5 of 28 in Weston super Mare
Rookery Manor
Rookery Manor
#1 of 1 in Edingworth

Been to Batch Country House? Share your experiences!