Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $80.06
More Info
from $142.96
More Info
All reviews cable car transfagarasan road beautiful place highest point the main road early in the morning traditional food nice area hiking trails rainy day be careful perfect picture romania snow drive view winter
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2018

To be able to take coffee early morning on the chalet deck is something worth experiencing. I like to wake up early morning, to watch the daybreak and sunrise. The view is magnificent and sunrise on the lake shore makes an unforgettable experience while sipping a good espresso.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

It is one of the most beautiful places I have seen in Romania. If you have the opportunity to go there, make sure you have a jacket on you as it can be cold and stop there. The view is fantastic. One can also find some good food there.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Lake Balea together with the "Transfagarasan" road (as a package), which is the actual road going up on one side and down from the lake is one of my top recommendations when visiting Romania.
The lake itself and the road going up and down to/from the lake are breathtaking. Today was my sixth trip to Lake Balea and it was the first time I could actually see it, until now every single time I was there it was under a thick cloud, so I could not actually see it, I just had a hunch that the lake is somewhere out there .

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Every year on october i try to find something special to do for my husband birthday. So,with some friend decided to visit Tranfagarasan. In our journey we visited Balea Lac Restaurant...very good fishy food ..and traditional meals!!!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank todeann
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

This is the highlight of my Transylvania trip. I first came to experience the Transfagarasan road, which was amazing just like any postcard. But little did I expect is the beauty that lies beyond this lake. You have to take the different hiking trails around the lake to fully understand how beautiful it could be. In the morning it was cloudy and the lake was greyish, which did not impress me. But in the afternoon on the way descending back to the lake, it was really beautiful looking down at the lake. Take the trail right up the cliff, it is not easy as it is steep but you will be rewarded with breathtaking view that you won't regret or forget.

Date of experience: July 2018